[MOD] Ubuntu 10.10 on Galaxy Note

Search This thread

BigsyBiggins

Dec 15, 2009
Serioulsy can we just keep this on topic I couldn't give a **** where this should be I'll let the mods sort that out.

Anyway, I just cannot get this to work it reboots my phone about 10 seconds after I run the script, maybe because I'm on abyss 2.0 kernel... Anyone tried with stock?

seuthes

Jan 20, 2010
This sounds great. I will try this on my stock rom.

Do you think win8 will run on note? I think this would be great.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA App

Kevincod

May 9, 2011
Well this is posted in wrong section. If its not made by you then do not make thread about it. If you go to ubuntu site there is already a new update and explain how install on android. This is not note development. I hate reading this posts if its in wrong section.

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1321268

Why do we nead windows on android? Than i would by a windows phone. Thanks anyway

Haha oke but i know its not windows but its looks just like it and its probebly almost the same driving system. But its not working i see. ower android os does not support loop devises?

Sorry to go offtopic but this really made my day.

Jul 30, 2010
Followed OPs instructions (I think correctly) but failing to connect "Connection refused". I've tried different post settings...

59f1e4d5-4c8e-dec9.jpg

Last edited:

nunotechno29

Oct 13, 2010
Samarinda
This post was obviously not for you.

Personally, I love reading about stuff like this. Here's to hoping that Note is the new HD2.[/QUOTE

Yes same as you hoping for a new device has capability like HTC HD2...
My HD2 stiil on hand and waiting for other device like this, and i hope G note is the next...next month my gnote will on hand too...

spekesel

May 19, 2008
Sorry to go offtopic but this really made my day.

Honestly, if I made as much of a fool of myself as that guy I'd be embarrassed to show my face around here.

Seriously, if you don't know what you are talking about it's best to shut up.

OK, sorry for being off topic as well, but, LOL

EDIT: I'd sticky this as a monument for others to learn from ;)

EX3cutor

Aug 22, 2010
Kiev
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1390351

Lightweight Images
Ubuntu 10.10 V3 - 1280x800

WORK!!

P.S. You need every time before starting a new Ubuntu to type in the Terminal:
su
cd sdcard/ubuntu
sh ubuntu.sh
or do not close terminal (lol)
or install GScript from Market for automate.

UPDATE:
If I run the script from Gscript, after disconnect AndroidVNC I do not need to run ubuntu.sh again ...
wtf?

Last edited:

rodolfojr

Feb 13, 2011
I moved on from an HD2 to the Galaxy Note and I'm SO happy to see this. I don't wanna look too overconfident, but I see G Note as the next HD2 for sure. :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php

Ubuntu 10.10 runs on Galaxy Note. Most of the info below if from other threads. Credit to hollywood528 who has outlined the instructions at http://xdaforums.com/archive/t-1325250.html

• Make sure your Note is rooted.

• You will need to download "Terminal Emulator" and "Android VNC" all free from the Android Market...

• Then make a folder named Ubuntu on your SD card and transfer them there.

• Open up termial emulator and type "su" then hit enter Next type "cd sdcard/ubuntu" After that type " sh ubuntu.sh" (ignore the warning)

• Then open Android VNC. Address: localhost ((or keep empty, it may work better for some that way))
      Password: ubuntu
      Port: 5900 ((if this doesn't work, try 5901 or leaving it blank))
      BPP 24

You're all set!! :)
    Why do we nead windows on android? Than i would by a windows phone. Thanks anyway

This post was obviously not for you.

Personally, I love reading about stuff like this. Here's to hoping that Note is the new HD2.
    Haters gonna hate

Well this is posted in wrong section. If its not made by you then do not make thread about it. If you go to ubuntu site there is already a new update and explain how install on android. This is not note development. I hate reading this posts if its in wrong section.

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

You have NO idea what the hell you're talking about. How about you go back to the cave you came from. Setting up the loop mounting isn't easy, and is DEFINITELY supposed to be in this area as it is DEVELOPMENT related. Also, you clearly don't understand OS's at all. Perhaps you can tell me how to get 100,000+ Linux apps working in Android? Didn't think so. I have a use for this, and a tonne of other people do too. X11 forwarding is one BIG reason.

"Build a breakfast tower to keep the haters out" - Epic Mealtime

Also, you have a let me google that for you link, and you don't even know how to do a simple search about 'What is Linux?' 'How are Android and Ubuntu similar?' 'Why would anyone want to chainloop linux?' 'How to spell the word need?'

The post is exactly in the right place. The remark that it was not for you was about the fact that ubuntu has nothing to do with Windows :) This is version of Linux and porting it to the Note is a great achievement. I also like to see the Note being the next HD2 :)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1390351

Lightweight Images
    Ubuntu 10.10 V3 - 1280x800

WORK!!

P.S. You need every time before starting a new Ubuntu to type in the Terminal:
    su
    cd sdcard/ubuntu
    sh ubuntu.sh
    or do not close terminal (lol)
    or install GScript from Market for automate.

UPDATE:
    If I run the script from Gscript, after disconnect AndroidVNC I do not need to run ubuntu.sh again ...
    wtf?