Check back in a few hours!
**Update, this tread will be retired and locked come this Thursday 1/5/2012
Read between the lines, and you will see that a brand new thread in its place will be posted, complete with a yummy new alpha of ICS for our dedicated fans to enjoy... We thank you for your patience, after this alpha goes out we believe tere will be more frequent releases and postings
Stay tuned, but from what I've seen so far we have many surprises in store for our next release, and you, is ICS nirvana just around the corner? Check back on thursday!
Please don't take this to mean we've fixed every outstanding bug, but we have made major core improvements, and fixed some of the big "items"
We are seaking anyone with expeirence working HAL's and drivers.. if you are interested please PM me.
** Update ** Work around for voice search
It appears that voice search is broken in several AOSP roms, during my research I managed to get voice search working, however its the older version (prior to ICS). So far it seems to work fine!
So until Google fixes (or we do hah) do this to get voice search to work
Go to the location the this file was downloaded and from a terminal (linux/mac) or the command prompt (windows)
adb shell su (if not root) rm /system/app/VoiceSearch.apk reboot
adb install Voice_Search_2.1.4.apk
** Update** Happy New Year XDA and esp our friends with the Galaxy Tab 8.9! is this the year of the droid? We shall see!
Hey everyone I wanted to give everyone an update and general goings on! Im sorry to inform you that there will not be a New Years alpha, but we will have something for you all very soon after.
Here is a taste of what early 2012 will bring to Alpha 2.
1. We have decided to use ASOP source rather than Cyanogen Mod, this is primarily why there hasn't been a new release since xmas. After reviewing some of the initial bugs, and reflecting on what we accomplished in under 4 days, we decided we wanted the focus of this rom to become "best in breed" optimized for the Galaxy Tab 8.9. Meaning we are going to cherry pick the best features of both to create the best possible experience, with the lightest footprint, and most importantly stock ICS launcher! NoWiz, no Trebuchet. So far it has yielded very positive results.
2. Moving to ASOP and stock launcher has fixed one of the big bugs, automatic home screen orientation. I know more than a few of you were hoping this would be resolved fast, well there.. happy now? :)
4. General cleanup and optimizations have resulted in improved launcher response, it feels more fluid and less laggy...
5. Our repo is nearly finished, we are just ironing out some manifest bugs, when alpha2 arrives, so will our git links!
6. We have chosen a team name! Galaxian-Soup!
Thanks for supporting us, and we look forward to celebrating a "Droid 2012".
[B] In the spirit of openness, if you would like to use our rom in your work please credit us in your OP and release notes. Our git repo should be up soon.
***Update*** Xmas Dinner Edition ***
Updated links to a 1.1 version, I added the livewallpaper.apks and re-zipped, no other changes.
and a newer version of Google Apps, seems to be more stable, but I've only been using it an hour, let us know!
Good Morning and Merry Christmas!
Is there something in your stocking for your GT7310? Well Santa Clause (in the form of _Motely, nycbjr, poisike, termleech (still need a team name!)) is delivering the first public alpha!
This build has been tested on the 7310 (Gtab 8.9 wifi, no 3g), and 7300 with no 3g (3g is being looked at).
Standard YMMV tag: You are flashing this at your own risk, make a nandroid backup first! If this breaks your tab we are NOT responsible.. now go play and have fun!
Alpha V1 - ICYXMAS!
- ICS 4.0.3_r1 vanilla
- Rooted, deodexed,
- Includes motley kernel v2e beta (see his thread for git details)
- WiFi, GPS, Bluetooth
- In CWM recovery, clear your data/factory reset
- Clear the dalvik cache (under advanced, or under the wipe menu in overcome cwm)
- Flash the provided zip using CWM recovery
- Flash gapps from CWM recovery
- Bootup and setup your Google account
- Install cpu control of choice, and set to interactive governor (this is required!)*tested SetCPU, No-frills CPU control, and Antuantu.
- Give it a chance, this is a deodexed ROM and will boot slow the first time and when you use apps the first time.
- WiFi-only, but 3G will be looked at for a future version (no ETA at the moment)
- Camera doesn't work, don't know when or if it can be fixed.
- Some video limitations, youtube HD vids not working. Some stuttering will occur until we get the kinks out.
- Charger screen doesn't look correct when you plugin without booting up (charging status)
- Voice search doesn't work - May have something to do with this error:
W/PackageManager(257): Failure retrieving resources forcom.google.android.voicesearch: Resource ID #0x0
- Probably more that we haven't listed, this is an alpha - please let us know.
- nycbjr - project manager, dev (first working build), testing/troubleshooting
- motley - lead dev, p5 device tree, final build, kernel development
- poisike - pioneer testing with other tegra ICS ROMs, testing/troubleshooting
- termleech - testing
- Google - for the releasing the OS
- Cyanogen Mod Team - for their awesome git repo and developers. We used the p4 device tree as a starting point.
- We would like to offer our p5 device if they are interested.
- Samsung for the awesome device and kernel source (for HC 3.1 at least)
- digetx - for pointing us in the right direction on the green frame buffer fix!
- alterbridge - for his CWM Recovery port for 73xx.
- JaeCar99 - for the sweet "Blue Hallway" bootanimation