[INFO] ICS Bad news!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

habylab

Dec 3, 2010
That's complete bull from Samsung. They're own problem that they put touchwiz on the phone, and the default interface of ICS is much better. Poor, poor excuse.

Yes we have less ram, but why is it working 98% perfect on my phone already?

Sent from my lag free CM7-nightly'd-up Galaxy S using the XDA Premium app

skibbi_pl

Apr 3, 2010
At least they admitted that samsung developers are lousy and cannot optimize crappy TW for hardware will less RAM. So pathetic!

habylab

Dec 3, 2010
Still would go for a Samsung hardware phone, they're really good. Just a shame they won't be updating their older phones - which they are under no commitment to actually update.

Sent from my lag free CM7-nightly'd-up Galaxy S using the XDA Premium app

flip360

Dec 22, 2009
Skopje
i would like to just point out that not upgrading the SGS line of devices to ICS because of TW or some crap like that is not the right way to go Samsung. You have pooor coders we know that but leaving out the flagship phone (sold over 15Million, LOT OF MONEY) is just plain BS. if you are not gonna upgrade it then GIVE US THE PROPRIETARY DRIVERS for RIL and CAMERA and our devs will do it themselves!!! Mind you that after this fiasco i am not buying (and also whoever i know) another samsung product again. Dont tell me you dont recognize the force of xda members as a community.

R

random_username_

I doubt the next one will be Samsung the first two were HTC ( the g1 was kind of a nexus) so they'll probably go with another manufacturer as they try and keep it fair

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

dakine

Nov 13, 2006
To hell with Samsung, the i9000 has been a disaster from the day it was released. If it wasn't for custom roms it would be in the trash already.

DeadSOL

May 8, 2011
Isn't there anyone powerful enough here on XDA to bring this to the attention of Samsung? We have a powerful community here and the Galaxy S was a flagship device!

Listen, Samsung; we don't care about Touchwiz. Just give us vanilla ICS! That's all we want!!!!! Our phone can EASILY handle it!!!!

Kik0o

Dec 17, 2011
Poprad
They admitted TW is memory hog and is simply slowing down our phones. Get rid of that quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Failsung... my next phone's gonna be 100% Google!

Keep in mind who produces the 100% google phones ;)
    lays damn lays! Galaxy S has exactly same hardware specs as Nexus S + more app memory - 2x more - 2GB vs. 1 GB! and TouchWiz is no more than 50MB big! So this lame excuse is the same as that of HTC when they told everyone that Desire will not get Gingerbread! But after community started to protest, they cleverly changed their mind! Unfortunately Samsung will not do that! :( At least they don't need to insult our intelligence!
    Real reason is that Samsung has sold pile of SGS's under various re-names, and it would cost them money to test all of bloatware that comes with SGS from different network providers! Unfortunately these guys don't want to contribute to that expense! They don't care! All they want is that users pick another phone under next 2 yr contract! Samsung doesn't want to get more bad publicity for updating only unbranded SGS's, so they decided to sacrifice those for the sake of bigger problem! :(
    Uhm you do realize the nexus google phone is made by samsung right? samsung is a hell lot better with updates than most other companies. and im sure there is no phone on the market that received nearly as many updates as the galaxy s. the desire didnt even get gingerbread and the phones were released about the same time.

stop whining people if you want to go with apple now enjoy your crippled updates without major features because they gotta sell their revamped phone. siri anyone?

and if you dont want to buy from samsung anymore go ahead you wont be missed. enjoy your mediocre phones.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Very debatable, GS was out with 2.1 when it should have by then 2.2, the 2.3 was never very good on GS, and in the end it's a device with just 1,5 years not being supported anymore and still is for sale in most countrys.
    Well that sucks, and this has ensured that my current galaxy s is the last phone i am going to be using from samsung for a really long time, Seriously is Touchwiz the reason for not upgrading to ICS? Thats BS, they could have at least come up with a less idiotic reason, well in my books you have just gone from Samsung to Samsucks!!
    I think samsung has economic reasion not to update the phone.What they have said that it is ROM issue is fake.Galaxy S has 2GB ROM and it can clearly accommodate ICS+TOUCHWIZ.Also Samsung has given us two major updates and support has been mostly good but this is where Samsung needs to step up and say yes we are ready to update Galaxy S for the third time and this is why we are the leader in the Android market and this is the reason consumers should get our phones not our competitors.AND THIS WILL GIVE THEM VERY STRONG BRAND LOYALITY AND A STRONG CONFIDENCE TO PRESENT AS WELL AS FUTURE SAMSUNG FLAGSHIP MOBILES