Flash Lumia With Generic Firmware (debrand)?

Search This thread

pLUSpISTOL

Jan 29, 2009
Just curious what is your reasoning for why you believe it's different hardware?

Well I hope I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure they'll have different versions of this.

Obviously you can flash different ROMs and Radios (not the Lumia 800 yet) but even though they're seemingly identical devices RM-801 and RM-819 are technically different devices. I guess it depends on whether the firmware of the ROM/Radio is tied to the hardware ID....

Last edited:

pLUSpISTOL

Jan 29, 2009
Yes the firmwares are available through NaviFirm+ and NDPM but we just don't have the means to flash them..

CusiUBS

Jul 9, 2011
Hi guys, just two Qs.
If i'm going to follow debranding guide in developer 3D

1) Will i void warranty?

2) When i'll update my phone officially with Zune, i will obtain branded firmware again, right? (product code remain always the same).

Thanks ;)

Simmo3D

Mar 24, 2011
So, I can purchase a Nokia Lumia 800 (RM-801) and use Nokia Data Package Manager to flash WCDMA 850MHz?

I am desperately seeking a Lumia 800 for use with Telstra (Australia) that uses the same radio frequency as AT&T.

If so, can someone please confirm and possibly post a guide so I can import the phone and flash it????

Thanks in Advance.

anseio

Oct 11, 2011
Seattle
So, I can purchase a Nokia Lumia 800 (RM-801) and use Nokia Data Package Manager to flash WCDMA 850MHz?

I am desperately seeking a Lumia 800 for use with Telstra (Australia) that uses the same radio frequency as AT&T.

If so, can someone please confirm and possibly post a guide so I can import the phone and flash it????

Thanks in Advance.

Next month RM-819 should be available in the US from Microsoft stores. It appears that it's going to be bundled with other hardware, but I'm sure you can find a way to get your hands on it.

DeSies

Feb 10, 2012
Does flashing lumia 800 remove sim lock?

I have an Orange UK sim locked Lumia 800. Does flashing it remove the sim lock?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm afraid it's impossible for now...

Sent from my Nokia Lumia using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
    Thanks for the info, I still have the "Blue" theme unless there's 2 blue colors on the generic Lumis 800 ROM?

Adam.

Yeah there's blue and Nokia Blue.

AFAIK there's room for 1 custom colour. Nokia have used that space for Nokia Blue but if networks want their colour on the phone the only option they have is to replace Nokia Blue, default colours can't be replaced and they can't add another one.
    No. This version of the Phoenix still doesn't support Nokia Lumia 710/800. We have to wait until January or February and then to be Phoenix, which supports Lumia ;)

---------- Post added 20th December 2011 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was 19th December 2011 at 11:56 PM ----------

RM-801 Nokia Lumia 800
    RM-819 Nokia Lumia 800.1
    RM-803 Nokia Lumia 710
    RM-809 Nokia Lumia 710.1