Track N Remote Control your G-Note online - Free Service by Samsung

Search This thread

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Track Your Galaxy Note online with samsung server.
attachment.php

Since I am using this service from day one, but i have never read a word regarding this on XDA forum. so writing a guide who are not aware to this service.
Priorly with SGS i have tried, but was not available to my country(india), but this time with Note we are lucky.
To activate this service
First Go here
http://samsungdive.com
and register your account(free)
- Now on mobile go to setting-Location n security - Find My mobile
1.check SIM card change alert
2.click on alert msg recipient - Now login with credential, you have register on above mentioned samsung site. - and add recipient mobile number (your other number / family number) on which you will get notification, if SIM will changed.
3.check Remote control

Now when you visit samsungdive.com n login, you will see your register device there, (see Image above)
Click on your device.

You will see this
attachment.php

Now you can track your mobile. It have all function which available with many costly applications on market like
-tracking on map (to check location)
-Ring mobile (to find device in nearby location)
-Forward msgs
-call logs
-wipe out device etc

Hope it will be useful to G-Note user.

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 41,616
  • Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 41,424
Last edited:

k1ng617

Aug 22, 2010
Sounds great! I will have to check this out. I have been using SeekDroid since it came out, but this might be a more fool proof way, since I have had issues with Seekdroid while running practice tests. Thanks!

ericshmerick

Apr 7, 2006
Doesn't seem to work in the US. Saying my ZIP is not enough digits and I don't see the setting on the phone menu to "find my mobile."

Edit: nevermind, deleted the optional address information. Still not working yet...added +10000000000 (0's are my phone number) since I'm in the US....

Edit 2: I previously had a SGSII on my Samsung account. Perhaps it's trying to locate that device (hehe, the new owner is probably panicking).

How can I delete that device and add my Note?

Edit 3: Nevermind, figured out how to add the Note here:

https://v2.samsungdive.com/help/guideRemoteControls.do

Doesn't say how to delete a device I no longer own though....

Last edited:

ArcticCat

Feb 13, 2003
thanks for this

Although find my mobile worked fine with me "lock mobile" and "ring mobile" didn't although it is showing as succeeded on the web

any idea?

Doesn't seem to work in the US. Saying my ZIP is not enough digits and I don't see the setting on the phone menu to "find my mobile."

Edit: nevermind, deleted the optional address information. Still not working yet...added +10000000000 (0's are my phone number) since I'm in the US....

Edit 2: I previously had a SGSII on my Samsung account. Perhaps it's trying to locate that device (hehe, the new owner is probably panicking).

How can I delete that device and add my Note?

Edit 3: Nevermind, figured out how to add the Note here:

https://v2.samsungdive.com/help/guideRemoteControls.do

Doesn't say how to delete a device I no longer own though....

I think if u signout of samsung dive account in your phone , it dissappears.
Not so sure. will test it.

ericshmerick

Apr 7, 2006
I think if u signout of samsung dive account in your phone , it dissappears.
Not so sure. will test it.

The FAQ says to delete (disable) the feature on your phone before selling it.

I factory reset it so it had to be disabled as the phone re-formatted.

Oh well. Works on my Note but I hope I don't wipe some guy's SGSII that I sold it to lol.

ArcticCat

Feb 13, 2003
guys lock screen and all is working for you ?

any specific apk should be installed?

what ROM are you using ?

Pikkie86

Mar 22, 2011
Potchefstroom
THANK YOU!!

I saw this in the settings and wondered from where on the net one can control it.

@ArticCat: Are your phone's data/wifi enabled? 'Cause it needs to communicate with the servers.

graemeg

Dec 16, 2011
Dumfries and Galoway
Noooooo

No no no no nooooooooo, definitley not, couldnt bear the thought of knowing i was been tracked at any moment, dont like the idea of that software, like the people upstairs dont already have their beady eyes on us, how do we know samsung wouldnt make this info available to the government for some corrupt scheme. big no from me...

ericshmerick

Apr 7, 2006
No no no no nooooooooo, definitley not, couldnt bear the thought of knowing i was been tracked at any moment, dont like the idea of that software, like the people upstairs dont already have their beady eyes on us, how do we know samsung wouldnt make this info available to the government for some corrupt scheme. big no from me...

Tinfoilhat and all, but any and all cell companies know where you are 24x7. Hint: they could give two ****s.

I, on the other hand, want to wipe my phone if I lose it, so I'm in. Samsung can watch me drive around all they want but I'd be willing to bet they have better things to do, like make Touchwiz more bloated and the like.

Tinfoilhat and all, but any and all cell companies know where you are 24x7. Hint: they could give two ****s.

I, on the other hand, want to wipe my phone if I lose it, so I'm in. Samsung can watch me drive around all they want but I'd be willing to bet they have better things to do, like make Touchwiz more bloated and the like.

:D

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

k1ng617

Aug 22, 2010

To continue on his point, I trust Samsung more than the guy who accidentally/purposefully acquires my phone with all my personal info on it. WIPE WIPE WIPE!

equalness

Mar 13, 2008
Works great, I had this with my galaxy s and now the note ;-)
And it works very good, I am in sweden.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Track Your Galaxy Note online with samsung server.
    attachment.php

Since I am using this service from day one, but i have never read a word regarding this on XDA forum. so writing a guide who are not aware to this service.
    Priorly with SGS i have tried, but was not available to my country(india), but this time with Note we are lucky.
    To activate this service
    First Go here
    http://samsungdive.com
    and register your account(free)
    - Now on mobile go to setting-Location n security - Find My mobile
    1.check SIM card change alert
    2.click on alert msg recipient - Now login with credential, you have register on above mentioned samsung site. - and add recipient mobile number (your other number / family number) on which you will get notification, if SIM will changed.
    3.check Remote control

Now when you visit samsungdive.com n login, you will see your register device there, (see Image above)
    Click on your device.

You will see this
    attachment.php

Now you can track your mobile. It have all function which available with many costly applications on market like
    -tracking on map (to check location)
    -Ring mobile (to find device in nearby location)
    -Forward msgs
    -call logs
    -wipe out device etc

Hope it will be useful to G-Note user.

Samsung Dive is an excellent tool.
    it also helps with few other things.
    The other day i misplaced my note under my desk and i went online and made it ring( it rings even in silent mode )
    Not neessary you shoud register same email as your primary a/c.
    I have ID on samsung as my yahoo ID, N works flawless.
    I think some ROM have removed system application 'Mobile tracker'
    here i am attaching sys app for galaxy Note, if it work for someone.
    Lock my screen will lock your phone, you can unlock it by entering password on mobile
    Unlock screen will unlock your locked phone from web
    N dont test 'data wipe' :p