n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Wild Child, Guest on 23rd December 2011, 07:13 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
Wild Child
25th December 2011, 08:03 PM |#91  

More
Then you may have done a factory reset or something else...but it definitely doesnt do this on its own...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew.cambridge

Wow, thanks alot. It wasn't THAT strong of a beer. Haha. I guess I didn't read that part.

But when I booted in recovery from the home screen, it rebooted normally and then definitely did a fresh install. As if I really flashed the rom. It was super weird.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free

25th December 2011, 08:10 PM |#92  
Flag Highlands, TX
Thanks Meter: 461

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonny_em

Switched from GB Sense 7.0 to this ROM but no bars where I was getting 3/5 bars on GB Sense 7.0. I tried search which radio GB Sense 7.0 was using but can't find info. Any suggestions what I can do to improve reception with current radio OR which version I need to switch back to 7.0 radio? Much appreciate you help and thanks for great work!

When flashing roms the radio doesn't change. You should have the same radio as before. What does change with roms is the ril. Occasionally, when I feel like my radio may not be performing like it should, I will reflash my radio. You may want to try that and flash the matching ril. You can check your current radio version in Settings, About phone. Which rom did you recently flash?

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to fernandezhjr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fernandezhjr Ad-Free
25th December 2011, 08:35 PM |#93  
Thanks Meter: 512

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Child

Then you may have done a factory reset or something else...but it definitely doesnt do this on its own...lol

I SWEAR to you, I didnt do that. Thats the wierd part, but oh well. I freaked out when I saw that I couldnt go into recovery. I guess reading posts is the lesson I learned.
25th December 2011, 08:35 PM |#94  
Flag Washington
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fernandezhjr

When flashing roms the radio doesn't change. You should have the same radio as before. What does change with roms is the ril. Occasionally, when I feel like my radio may not be performing like it should, I will reflash my radio. You may want to try that and flash the matching ril. You can check your current radio version in Settings, About phone. Which rom did you recently flash?

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

I installed WCX 3.5 Sense Based on 1.11.1113.1
25th December 2011, 08:39 PM |#95  
Flag Boise
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Talking Nice ROM
Great ROM, best I’ve tried and a lot of puppies have meet their maker with all the flashing my Inspire has seen.
I can’t get any force closes. Reader, Sports Mobile and others used to FC with every other ROM I’ve tried.
Best part I’ve got over 300mb free memory, typically I’d average about 100mb.

Thanks all for the ROM, a great Christmas present.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to buck1952 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift buck1952 Ad-Free
Wild Child
25th December 2011, 08:45 PM |#96  

More
Very welcome...and mery christmas to you and yours also

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck1952

Great ROM, best I’ve tried and a lot of puppies have meet their maker with all the flashing my Inspire has seen.
I can’t get any force closes. Reader, Sports Mobile and others used to FC with every other ROM I’ve tried.
Best part I’ve got over 300mb free memory, typically I’d average about 100mb.

Thanks all for the ROM, a great Christmas present.

Wild Child
25th December 2011, 08:59 PM |#97  

More
Its a known thing (im not going to say bug because it works...just works differently) with 3.5 sense and signal bar wierdness....we have done side by side comparisons with 3.0 and 3.5 and 3.5 seems to have one less signal bar....signal is still there just not registering....cant rely on that for consistent info@signal strength...I had them completely disappear and was steady playing youtube in hq....trying to figure out whats causing it in 3.5....

WC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonny_em

I installed WCX 3.5 Sense Based on 1.11.1113.1

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
25th December 2011, 10:36 PM |#98  
Flag Redmond, OR
Thanks Meter: 51

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew.cambridge

Wow, thanks alot. It wasn't THAT strong of a beer. Haha. I guess I didn't read that part.

But when I booted in recovery from the home screen, it rebooted normally and then definitely did a fresh install. As if I really flashed the rom. It was super weird.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

Did you get thing's sorted out?

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using xda premium
25th December 2011, 11:12 PM |#99  
Flag Colorado
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Running the 3.0 Sense Based on 3.12.405.1 with EXT4 support and liking it so far although I am experiencing pretty significant battery drain compared to the last ROM I was running. Going to give it another day and another full charge before I make the decision to go back.
I am still running my stock radio (which performs good for me) so not sure if not having a matching RIL may cause the drain?

Thanks.

25th December 2011, 11:22 PM |#100  
Flag Anchorage
Thanks Meter: 20,675

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeepers

Running the 3.0 Sense Based on 3.12.405.1 with EXT4 support and liking it so far although I am experiencing pretty significant battery drain compared to the last ROM I was running. Going to give it another day and another full charge before I make the decision to go back.
I am still running my stock radio (which performs good for me) so not sure if not having a matching RIL may cause the drain?

Thanks.

Running a mismatched radio and ril can cause battery drain. What rom are you comparing it to?
Wild Child
25th December 2011, 11:28 PM |#101  

More
Suggested flashing rules...fully charge battery...flash rom...before rebooting out of cwm...delete battery stats,then let rom load...if battery is not fully charged you will get less battery life....Also if youve flashed any other scripts for voltage etc, it will conflict with what was built into the rom

WC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeepers

Thanks.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
fast, overclocked, stable, stock, wcxseries
Previous Thread Next Thread