[DEODEXED][P6210][WiFi][KK3][Flashable Zip]System Files (Update 12/30/2011)

Search This thread

antiochasylum

Recognized Contributor
Finally got these all loaded up, this will de-odex all of your /system/app and /system/framework folders.

MAKE SURE YOU PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE ATTEMPTING THIS, IF ANYTHING GOES WRONG, JUST RESTORE THE SYSTEM.IMG PART OF THE BACKUP AND TRY AGAIN. IF THIS SCREWS UP YOUR DEVICE I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE, NEITHER IS CHRISROTOLO. YOU TAKE ALL THE RISKS OF MODDING YOUR OWN DEVICE.

Ok, now that we have covered that, instructions.

DOWNLOAD

MD5 :: 32793691755CA374AD728FA3D385A3A0
thanks to M1m3R

The initial reboot will take a minute of two, do not worry, let it do its thing. If SHOULD stay on the SAMSUNG logo, if the boot animation keeps playing over and over something went wrong, and you will need to flash it again.

The files in the zip are 100% stock. If you wish to apply my theme then see the second post.

Please feel free to ask any questions, or hit me up on GTalk - antiochasylum@gmail.com.

Last edited:

antiochasylum

Recognized Contributor
If you wish to apply my theme for the WIFI only version, once loading up these files, go here

screen_20111224_1624_1-1.png

screen_20111224_1623-1.png

screen_20111224_1624-1.png

Some of the images were borrowed from different themes around xda. The unlock circle was kanged from the 10.1 forums. I will get around to changing the soft key buttons as soon as I can get the battery mod working. Working on that now, will probably be a few days before I will be able to get it up and going however.

Last edited:

chrisrotolo

Nov 3, 2010
Corona, CA
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
looks good, is that an official ICS lock ring mod or another custom one?

not bad, mine will be a few more days at least, but its coming.

question: any idea how to remove touchwiz page indicators? I removed them in app drawer by zeroing an .xml line, tried everything, think it may be more than an .xml

let me know if you need help with anything.

Mine will not have accurate battery mod in status bar. just tap on the systemui quickpanel pop up and theres how I check actual percentage. you putting in all the actual numbers over the .pngs, Ive dont that before, and having to add .xml is not easy.

mike216

Nov 12, 2010
cleveland
Wow a rom and its themed perfectly! I have a question before I try to flash it using ADB. I installed sdk and kies and when I installed sdk I moved everything from my platform tools directory into my tools directory. I needed fastboot mode to root my nexus s. Do I have everything I need to use adb when installing this rom using adb? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my GT-P6210 using xda premium

antiochasylum

Recognized Contributor
Wow a rom and its themed perfectly! I have a question before I try to flash it using ADB. I installed sdk and kies and when I installed sdk I moved everything from my platform tools directory into my tools directory. I needed fastboot mode to root my nexus s. Do I have everything I need to use adb when installing this rom using adb? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Yes as long as adb sees the device your fine. And the # signs are just symbols meaning you have SU access. After each command you press enter. Everytine you press enter it will repeat each step then follow it up a # sign, once you see the # sign type the next step.

Sent from my Insanity powered SGS2

Reactions: mike216 and qris24

mike216

Nov 12, 2010
cleveland
Good point now that I think about it,it was a dumb question, thanks

BEST DAMN PHONE BECAUSE WE HAVE THE BEST DAMN DEVELOPERS!

antiochasylum

Recognized Contributor
I've changed the theme up some. Changed a few images, and fixed a few images that were white and you couldnt see, as well as volume sliders. The SystemUI is now a lilght black/grey same as chrisrotolo. As well as the unlock circle is now blue. Also added back the stock wifi indicator because the ICS would shift to the left. Once I figure out why ill add it back.

I will post up new screenshots today when I get home.

Thanks again to chrisrotolo for all the assistance with xml's, images and everything else! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: mike216

ptfdmedic

Aug 23, 2006
Has anyone actually gotten this to work. No matter what I do, I can't get this to work.

I also put together a flashable zip to install the system files and remove the .odex flies. The flash works but nothing actually happened.

I'm not sure how to proceed at this point.

Anyone have any luck with a working updater script for this device?

Reactions: antiochasylum

chrisrotolo

Nov 3, 2010
Corona, CA
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
yeah, I had similar issue with the P6200 deodex, had what I beleived to be all the right commands, flashed ok everytime, but didnt vhange everything.

Thank goodness we have people like garyd to help. :)

(i'll probably borrrow his .zip and use it for 3g version... IF he doesnt mind.)

ptfdmedic

Aug 23, 2006
yeah, I had similar issue with the P6200 deodex, had what I beleived to be all the right commands, flashed ok everytime, but didnt vhange everything.

Thank goodness we have people like garyd to help. :)

(i'll probably borrrow his .zip and use it for 3g version... IF he doesnt mind.)

This was my last attempt at creating the zip. I had a few versions that flashed all the way through without error but upon reboot nothing had actually changed.

This code errors out. I borrowed some from the 3G version. Wouldn't this be very similar to the Epic Touch 4G?

ui_print(Deodexed System);
show_progress(0.500000, 0);
ui_print("Mounting System");
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p8", "/system");

ui_print("Cleaning up...");
delete("/system/app);
delete("/system/framework);

package_extract_dir("system", "/system");
unmount("/system");
ui_print("Done.");
show_progress(0.100000, 0);

garyd9

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
This code errors out.
At which point does it error out?

You should add lines to fix permissions:
Code:
set_perm_recursive(0, 0, 0755, 0644, "/system/app");
set_perm_recursive(0, 0, 0755, 0644, "/system/framework");
(don't run this on all of /system, as stuff in /system/etc and /system/bin need different perms.) Are you having issues when running under the stock (3e) recovery or with my CWM Recovery port? (If you have issues with one, have you tried it with the other?)

Not sure which device you are working with, but the /system partition is different for different versions of the 7+. (The P6210 uses mmcblk0p8)

Finally, you might consider forcing the dalvik cache to rebuild when doing that:
Code:
#only for GTP6210
unmount("/data");
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p9", "/data");
delete_recursive("/data/dalvik-cache");
unmount("/data");
Take care
Gary

(warning: all the above code was written purely from memory, so it might contain typos... )

Reactions: antiochasylum

ptfdmedic

Aug 23, 2006
At which point does it error out?

You should add lines to fix permissions:
Code:
set_perm_recursive(0, 0, 0755, 0644, "/system/app");
set_perm_recursive(0, 0, 0755, 0644, "/system/framework");
(don't run this on all of /system, as stuff in /system/etc and /system/bin need different perms.) Are you having issues when running under the stock (3e) recovery or with my CWM Recovery port? (If you have issues with one, have you tried it with the other?)

Not sure which device you are working with, but the /system partition is different for different versions of the 7+. (The P6210 uses mmcblk0p8)

Finally, you might consider forcing the dalvik cache to rebuild when doing that:
Code:
#only for GTP6210

unmount("/data");
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p9", "/data");
delete_recursive("/data/dalvik-cache");
unmount("/data");
Take care
Gary

(warning: all the above code was written purely from memory, so it might contain typos... )

Thanks Gary. I'll look into this again this weekend. I appreciate your help :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Finally got these all loaded up, this will de-odex all of your /system/app and /system/framework folders.

MAKE SURE YOU PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE ATTEMPTING THIS, IF ANYTHING GOES WRONG, JUST RESTORE THE SYSTEM.IMG PART OF THE BACKUP AND TRY AGAIN. IF THIS SCREWS UP YOUR DEVICE I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE, NEITHER IS CHRISROTOLO. YOU TAKE ALL THE RISKS OF MODDING YOUR OWN DEVICE.

Ok, now that we have covered that, instructions.

DOWNLOAD

MD5 :: 32793691755CA374AD728FA3D385A3A0
    thanks to M1m3R

The initial reboot will take a minute of two, do not worry, let it do its thing. If SHOULD stay on the SAMSUNG logo, if the boot animation keeps playing over and over something went wrong, and you will need to flash it again.

The files in the zip are 100% stock. If you wish to apply my theme then see the second post.

Please feel free to ask any questions, or hit me up on GTalk - antiochasylum@gmail.com.
    If you wish to apply my theme for the WIFI only version, once loading up these files, go here

screen_20111224_1624_1-1.png

screen_20111224_1623-1.png

screen_20111224_1624-1.png

Some of the images were borrowed from different themes around xda. The unlock circle was kanged from the 10.1 forums. I will get around to changing the soft key buttons as soon as I can get the battery mod working. Working on that now, will probably be a few days before I will be able to get it up and going however.
    Anyone have any luck with a working updater script for this device?
    Yes. My CWM Recoveries all use updater scripts (edify) to install. I've sent a message to the OP and will help him wrap this in a simple update.zip over the long weekend.

take care
    Gary

Yes as long as adb sees the device your fine. And the # signs are just symbols meaning you have SU access. After each command you press enter. Everytine you press enter it will repeat each step then follow it up a # sign, once you see the # sign type the next step.

Sent from my Insanity powered SGS2
    i'm in canada , this was stock os on here the 6210 when i got it 4 days ago , all i did was root it and load up cwm. was hopin to get deodex but no luck yet.

That might be it. Different locations are provided/updated with different firmware.

There are lots of "ROM kitchens" that can be installed that can deodex your FS/apps for you. I would help you, but I'm kind of busy fixing/setting up my system to help out with CM9.

Someone will help you eventually. If not, I'll come back once I have some spare time and help you out.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using XDA Premium HD app