RAM is mostly over 600 MB even when i am not using

Search This thread

humadoon

Dec 25, 2008
London
Hi People

My GNote has 1GB of RAM and when i am not using it it still shows only 300 to 200 MB of RAM left, i am using ES task Manager, i have checked the running applications but nothing seems to eat all that RAM..

I do have games installed but i make sure to close them after finish playing them.

Secondly when i uninstall a Game, what happens to the data it downloaded to internet and if that data is not deleted by uninstalling how to delete it?

Thanks for you help

graemeg

Dec 16, 2011
Dumfries and Galoway
ram

Hi People

My GNote has 1GB of RAM and when i am not using it it still shows only 300 to 200 MB of RAM left, i am using ES task Manager, i have checked the running applications but nothing seems to eat all that RAM..

I do have games installed but i make sure to close them after finish playing them.

Secondly when i uninstall a Game, what happens to the data it downloaded to internet and if that data is not deleted by uninstalling how to delete it?

Thanks for you help

Wouldnt worry bout the ram, 300 is prob an average of what people have left after filling up with apps, also you should remember, lots of the stock apps are running and restarting most of the time which eats ram
I use Task killer pro, good way to set it on autokill and let it kill those unwanted apps that are running.
Another way is download a startup manager and audit what you want to run and not to run when your phone boots, you will need to be rooted to do that.
The phone has a built in task manager, long pressing the home button or look in ur apps, there is a task killer of sorts built in to free up mem, or u could root and install cassies extralight rom, that way you have a basic system with all the crap taken out.

When you uninstall an app, always be sure to click the cache clear and stop button before uninstalling but generally when it uninstalls it only leaves fragments behind, nothing major.

You still have 2 to 300 meg of ram, its nothing to worry about, most phones dont even have that left after installing apps so try not to worry, just be sure to clear ya memory every now and then.

Last edited:
Reactions: humadoon

humadoon

Dec 25, 2008
London
Thanks i am little worried to root the device yet as i only had it for a month.

I installed games such as internal legacy and back stab but after uninstalling them still my phone had the data in the gameloft folder which i had to manually delete...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

graemeg

Dec 16, 2011
Dumfries and Galoway
rooting

Thanks i am little worried to root the device yet as i only had it for a month.

I installed games such as internal legacy and back stab but after uninstalling them still my phone had the data in the gameloft folder which i had to manually delete...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Dont worry bout rooting, just use the initial root flasher and the matching cfroot kernel found here in the same link, it gives full easy instruction and includes an root uninstaller in case you need to take it off, dont even need to use the cfroot if ya dont want too.

Rootings not that big a deal, easy to dispose of in case of return and the guides here on XDA are the best ones ya could use, its all solid stable advice.

humadoon

Dec 25, 2008
London
Dont worry bout rooting, just use the initial root flasher and the matching cfroot kernel found here in the same link, it gives full easy instruction and includes an root uninstaller in case you need to take it off, dont even need to use the cfroot if ya dont want too.

Rootings not that big a deal, easy to dispose of in case of return and the guides here on XDA are the best ones ya could use, its all solid stable advice.

thanks mate you have been a great help ..bless you :)

Alexanderbooth

Apr 5, 2011
Its pointless clearing your ram, your phone will run smoother if most of your most used apps are ready for loading in ram. If you clear you ram all the time, when you load Apps they have to load from storage instead which takes longer and takes more CPU usage.

Anonymous Vagrant

Jan 1, 2012
OnePlus 9 Pro
Its pointless clearing your ram, your phone will run smoother if most of your most used apps are ready for loading in ram. If you clear you ram all the time, when you load Apps they have to load from storage instead which takes longer and takes more CPU usage.

good point, though some apps like the ones from stock doesn't let you uninstall them (eg. Social Hub, Samsung Apps)

lucid

Dec 8, 2005
Amsterdam
www.reperion.com
Having a rooted device, you can use
Nitrality (free) or
Titanium Backup
to remove unwanted system applications.

You have to learn how to do a Nandroid backup first before you start uninstalling system apps. But.. if you really just stick to rooting and uninstalling KiesCrap etc. you'd still be fine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ram

Hi People

Thanks for you help

Wouldnt worry bout the ram, 300 is prob an average of what people have left after filling up with apps, also you should remember, lots of the stock apps are running and restarting most of the time which eats ram
    I use Task killer pro, good way to set it on autokill and let it kill those unwanted apps that are running.
    Another way is download a startup manager and audit what you want to run and not to run when your phone boots, you will need to be rooted to do that.
    The phone has a built in task manager, long pressing the home button or look in ur apps, there is a task killer of sorts built in to free up mem, or u could root and install cassies extralight rom, that way you have a basic system with all the crap taken out.

When you uninstall an app, always be sure to click the cache clear and stop button before uninstalling but generally when it uninstalls it only leaves fragments behind, nothing major.

You still have 2 to 300 meg of ram, its nothing to worry about, most phones dont even have that left after installing apps so try not to worry, just be sure to clear ya memory every now and then.