Best Comic Reader

Search This thread

u2pop

Feb 1, 2008
Hi all. Anyone could share what's comic book reader app you're using and how is it on our Kindle? I'm using Comicrack free but it seems a bit laggy.
Thanks.

xrishox

Nov 2, 2011
jj comic viewer for locally stored comics and mangawhat for reading manga online.

ghost_og

Sep 7, 2011
Chula Vista, CA
I started to use Perfect Viewer after seeing it mentioned in a different thread (CIFS setup one I think). Like it better than Comic rack so far, just a little tricky navigating it at first.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

Chiwaz

Feb 13, 2008
Lecco
I read really A LOT of comics on my KF, and so I've tried three or four apps.

I think that the best is absolutely Perfect Viewer. I've never tried Comic Rack, though, so I will give it a shot.

u2pop

Feb 1, 2008
Thanks guys. I too have tried few comic reader apps, Im torn between Perfect Viewer and Comic Reader Mobi. The fastest/lighest I've tried is Mobi, but I like Perfect Viewer's interface.

Belgorm

Nov 21, 2011
I have another vote for ComicRack, being able to sync any new comics via WIFI to my Kindle is very handy.

_S0MA_

May 13, 2012
I have both ACV and jj comic viewer. Have downloaded a comic in rar format. How do I open it.? I have tried doing a long tap and then opening it as a image, audio, video and text but, nothing happens. :confused:

a file source that has been named .rar or sets of files that have been archived
into a .rar file can be a tricky thing. depending on where your file originated you can either get something that can view archived files like .cbz, .cbr and .rar.

i have not tried any of the android comic viewers but my comic viewer on my pc will automatically view any set of images that are archived regardless of the file extension. this could be likely due to the notion that .zip and .rar files can naturally be handled by the archive drivers that are pre-installed, but i digress.

if ACV and jj can not access the file natively; your options are to convert your .rar files into something that both apps can use/open, or try to rename the extensions of your files to whatever ACV/jj handle.

the ACV info page says that i can handle cbr/rar but as a beta function.

such is the case it is likely that the .rar. file has been archived in a way that can not currently be parsed/handled by your comic view apps.

tl;dr

rename the file until it works, try a different app or get a different comic source.

vbdss

Jul 21, 2011
Niteroi, RJ
I like Comic Rack, it have landscape and portrait view, the interface is great, zoom using double touch or pinch to zoom

Kholargol

Feb 15, 2008
Paris
ComicRack :
Pros:
- Interface is nice
- Vertical scrolling is smooth
Cons:
- Doesn't read pdf :(

Perfect Viewer
Pros:
- Read all formats
Cons:
-Vertical scrolling is jerky

Despite it doesn't handle pdf format, I prefer ComicRack..

knarf829

Jun 12, 2013
a file source that has been named .rar or sets of files that have been archived
into a .rar file can be a tricky thing. depending on where your file originated you can either get something that can view archived files like .cbz, .cbr and .rar.

i have not tried any of the android comic viewers but my comic viewer on my pc will automatically view any set of images that are archived regardless of the file extension. this could be likely due to the notion that .zip and .rar files can naturally be handled by the archive drivers that are pre-installed, but i digress.

if ACV and jj can not access the file natively; your options are to convert your .rar files into something that both apps can use/open, or try to rename the extensions of your files to whatever ACV/jj handle.

the ACV info page says that i can handle cbr/rar but as a beta function.

such is the case it is likely that the .rar. file has been archived in a way that can not currently be parsed/handled by your comic view apps.

tl;dr

rename the file until it works, try a different app or get a different comic source.

CBZ files are really just ZIP files (CBZ = Comic Book ZIP). Rename a Comic saved as ZIP to .CBZ and it will work in your reader.

CBR files are really just RAR files (CBR = Comic Book RAR). Rename a Comic saved as RAR to CBR and it will work in your reader.