[DEV] Gb first pre-alpha porting

Search This thread

askor

Nov 3, 2011
Olsztyn
It's still long way to release first version for users?:) When we can expect more screenshots?

Rebellos

Senior Recognized Developer
May 13, 2009
Gdańsk
Great. When are you going to finish the port and release it? Hoping for release soon.

How did you made touch screen and rotation working? Should I explain? Because I made it working, you used my bootloader, my fastboot, my kernel sources and my init binary. What the **** donation link for?

Seriously. Good DEV thread. I won't work on the port anymore if the thread, or at least donation link doesn't get deleted. And anyway not commiting a thing from my next work to repo, because otherwise someone again will post my work in his name.

Kthxbye

Reactions: Razyre

bong4316

May 14, 2010
What's Happening @ Rebellos?

I haven't been following the developments lately but i just want to clear things up.
Is it true what your saying that other developers are using your work without giving you at the very least credit for your contribution?
If that is the case then im suggesting that the moderator act as mediator for you developers.
Its not fair that people building upon the works of others like Rebellos not be given EXPLICIT credit for their contributions to the project.
This is not teamwork.
Even in Linux distributions there is a list that you can see all the developers who have contributed code to the project and are given their due in the spotlight.

Im suggesting that all developers who use the work of others to make a list of all who contributed or adapted code and have the list available as a download in the repo.

This way we make sure that developers are given credit as even if they dont make money directly off this project, it does help with resumes and prestige later on in professional life...

Soxix

Dec 28, 2011
Saverne
I agree with you Rebellos...
Tigrouzen just took your sources and compile them...
I think that it is not serious Tigrouzen. Yes you can compile the sources for the one who want to test it but you can't have a Donate button as all the job hasn't been made by you but by the Badadroid dev team.
Maybe you can add a donate button for the one of the dev team.

Regards.

Edit : I didn't see your post bong4316 when I wrote this post but it can also be good way to solve this problem as it can start again many times.

Last edited:

Tigrouzen

Oct 9, 2007
MARSEILLE
Great. When are you going to finish the port and release it? Hoping for release soon.

How did you made touch screen and rotation working? Should I explain? Because I made it working, you used my bootloader, my fastboot, my kernel sources and my init binary. What the **** donation link for?

Seriously. Good DEV thread. I won't work on the port anymore if the thread, or at least donation link doesn't get deleted. And anyway not commiting a thing from my next work to repo, because otherwise someone again will post my work in his name.

Kthxbye

Not at all, everyone is aware of the work you do but this is the fruit of my own work that took me hours and sleepless nights filled with coffee and cigarette ...

Now you are somewhat responsible because I had created a good thread for donnation of developers but you wanted more.

It was you who decided to abandon me and now I work even harder linch you want me again but it did not this time so appallingly, if you want to stop this is your problem and I would find someone one for!

Or be smart and see beyond the tip of your nose and go a little recognition to my work too.

The world does not sest by one man, but many who work hand in hand, it is a choice.

Go for a walk on the other thread, you will see both, whether the dev firmware and all deserve a donnation. Now that again the decision of those who give.

Soxix

Dec 28, 2011
Saverne
Not at all, everyone is aware of the work you do but this is the fruit of my own work that took me hours and sleepless nights filled with coffee and cigarette ...

Now you are somewhat responsible because I had created a good thread for donnation of developers but you wanted more.

It was you who decided to abandon me and now I work even harder linch you want me again but it did not this time so appallingly, if you want to stop this is your problem and I would find someone one for!

Or be smart and see beyond the tip of your nose and go a little recognition to my work too.

The world does not sest by one man, but many who work hand in hand, it is a choice.

Go for a walk on the other thread, you will see both, whether the dev firmware and all deserve a donnation. Now that again the decision of those who give.

I think that if you went together the project can go well but...
If you want to thank the Badadroid project add their donate button first. And then yours.

Last edited:

Tigrouzen

Oct 9, 2007
MARSEILLE
So there are 2 projects ...
That's a bit idiot.

But not at all, it's like going to the wire HD2 Android and we see that all the firmware and the kernel and the rest all the threads and the same person, for what I would share not my job that is fun??

There's three years there I worked on the project HD2, if you know the number of wireless and creator of firmware I can tell you that Would there have been trials longtemsp!

So in this case if he wants to do all that he does, for that matter I give my work and he also put his name!

You forgot that I have done the wire for DEV donnation for me but they did close !!!!!

Last edited:

DieterM75

Oct 13, 2010
I don't see the problem. All of you are working hard to gain success. But where is the point in working seperately and not as a team?
At the university I was taught of the synergies that teamwork brings. Use them and the project may succeed. Rage does not help at all...

Tigrouzen

Oct 9, 2007
MARSEILLE
i've been able to get gb kernel to execute for a while but no filesystems yet, anyways, for filesystems you make, ensure you configure the toolbox symlinks, this will help ensure all services work correctly later on:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55049485/gb_binsymlinks.sh
(the files are slightly different to in froyo apparently, but same thing is done)

hmmm current sources less functional for me compared to the ones a few days ago, with this kernel source set i cannot get adb to work(worked on gb build a few days ago), still no filesystem mounts working on S8500 as far as i can tell either (yes, symlink method doesn't work either)

This one worked all right, i talk about symlink hardware links ini init.rc maybe i forgot some thing, ive got idea i can use busybox service then make script ln -s in...but need it exec before...

Tigrouzen

Oct 9, 2007
MARSEILLE
I don't see the problem. All of you are working hard to gain success. But where is the point in working seperately and not as a team?
At the university I was taught of the synergies that teamwork brings. Use them and the project may succeed. Rage does not help at all...

This is what I had done originally in the thread donnation. But you know the rest ...

badelemental

Jan 4, 2011
Bangalore
So many unwanted things in bada section. The whole wave community do not deserve to stay on xda. This section becomes a place for quarrel. I havent seen any dev section like bada section.

If a mod is watching this.. please close the entire bada section or atleast android developmant for bada section.

I know many people will not like my comment. but its a fact - you will not get any thing from android section of bada anymore because it does not remains a section for dev. I was so impressed by bada development that i wanted to learn everything...:(

Time to sell your waves and get an android. I am doing same in few days.

Reactions: Rebellos

Soxix

Dec 28, 2011
Saverne
Why would it be close ?
All the devs are working hard and you say that they must give up even if they don't give it a try ?
Please be serious, the quarels are the background and are quite normal even if they are more here than in other port.

anghelyi

Apr 25, 2008
Time to sell your waves and get an android. I am doing same in few days.

If you do so then why do you interested in the Android on Bada dev. section at all? And who are yot to decide the fate of a forum??? Please be reasonable...

I think closing a thread/forum is not a solution. Finding a reasonable settlement and doing the development in peace is more like it.

Tigrouzen, Rebellos! Please be reasonable to each other and respect each other's work! Everyone here knows that both of you worked hard on this, don't let the progress stop because of childish issues. Lets say everyone should credit you, Rebellos in his/her work as for example "built upon Rebellos' kernel" or something like that (I think it's common in other threads)

Peace!

furkey

Feb 7, 2011
Dude, this is GINGERBREAD! :D You did awesome so far. I have fully faith in you. Finally we can get something serious :)

Tigrouzen

Oct 9, 2007
MARSEILLE
If you do so then why do you interested in the Android on Bada dev. section at all? And who are yot to decide the fate of a forum??? Please be reasonable...

I think closing a thread/forum is not a solution. Finding a reasonable settlement and doing the development in peace is more like it.

Tigrouzen, Rebellos! Please be reasonable to each other and respect each other's work! Everyone here knows that both of you worked hard on this, don't let the progress stop because of childish issues. Lets say everyone should credit you, Rebellos in his/her work as for example "built upon Rebellos' kernel" or something like that (I think it's common in other threads)

Peace!

Im ok we can discuss about slowly.

it would be foolish to stop there way I do this to advance the project at least I expected from him a thank you ... But I also invested 100%, I invested in an S8500, is not to turn back. It disgusts me again, if you must do it alone I would do it alone, I promised I was insulted for GB a liar .. Now I'll let the work of GB and I will attack Ubuntu but takes work on the kernel too. If people are satisfied with my work they can participate and help. Because I am all alone to defend myself for the second time ...

I am a director for 20 years multisystem work on Unix systems I know. And I intend to invesstir the C language and for that I need a good teacher.
Im sorry Rebellos if I'm in trouble.

Last edited:

Swenida

Dec 20, 2011
Saratov
Guys's, lets not quarell! Many people will be greatful for you, if you Android port Android to our Waves! Thank you for a great work. Good Luck, and have fun in your life.

mylove90

Feb 27, 2011
Cairo
It is ok guys
I know you will work together after settling this between each other
It is not wrong to do some work and publish it but the wrong thing is not mentioning the persons who helped in it

Tigrouzen already said that he is sorry

Now Rebellos apologize too to him for not even saying a thank you for his work and everyone walk happy

-About donations
I was against this idea from its start but if users like it then let it be
There should be an agreement between the whole team about how to split the donations at the end of the project....This is how Adults handle such stuff

Best Regards

Reactions: Swenida

Scarface1991

Jul 30, 2011
I think it`s more than Okay to say that you both did a great job for this project and the whole project would really benefit if you two would work as a team with Oleg and the other devs involved in this.

By the way is it possible to charge the battery?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After too many work's and to many white night GB now working, off course there's no GSM waitin to Rebellos and Oleg work's on. Thank's for them to make this possible.

First Picture :

This ddms because S8530 no lcd then S8500 can use it with LCD view.

Update :
    First pre-alpha SD
    Work : Touch screen, Screen rotate...
    Don't work : Wifi, Audio, all key...

I9000 factroyfs XJVO, initramfs XJVP full with modification!!!

Kernel GB some modif but not necessary, dont remember now

Just to clarify, all the work is mine except the kernel which is Rebellos and Oleg, I had no choice to use the kernel in order to work on porting Gb. But it will be confidentially.

Peace!

Im ok we can discuss about slowly.

it would be foolish to stop there way I do this to advance the project at least I expected from him a thank you ... But I also invested 100%, I invested in an S8500, is not to turn back. It disgusts me again, if you must do it alone I would do it alone, I promised I was insulted for GB a liar .. Now I'll let the work of GB and I will attack Ubuntu but takes work on the kernel too. If people are satisfied with my work they can participate and help. Because I am all alone to defend myself for the second time ...

I am a director for 20 years multisystem work on Unix systems I know. And I intend to invesstir the C language and for that I need a good teacher.
    Im sorry Rebellos if I'm in trouble.
    Any progress with S8530 display driver?

They are still working on this.

You can find all the progress of the project here :
    https://code.google.com/p/badadroid/updates/list

or here : https://code.google.com/p/badadroid-kernel/updates/list
    Guys Found Something Interesting

I have been following this project for porting android from begining. But today i found something i think might be useful.It has the ARM codes for bada bootloader.

Always these files are deleted but this time they forgot it....:D
    Hope it helps!!!:)
    Bada, even 2.0, has turned out to be a big disappointment. I got the S8500 thinking I wouldn't mind having a Bada phone as long as I could have the Android port for the apps I need. Well, now the Android stuff is working fine, but Bada is really inadequate. In spite of having Google apps, it cannot import my Google contacts and Dolphin cannot visit Google Docs. Ugh!

everyone feels in same way. Thats why even a small news regarding android create hype in BADA users.In my case i am not able to do a proper web browsing which is offered by every entry level smart phone of any phone OS (including dying symbian). BADA2.0 turns out to be super dull too.

But at last android solve my problem. i only boot bada when i dont use my phone. other wise i always use android with wifi. For call purpose i have to revive my old lg.