New Firmware downloading now..

Search This thread

mazjohn

Dec 8, 2011
Mine updated without problems, but did take 8 minutes to restart... I do wonder why some have experience bricked updates... could it be instability caused by a certain combination of installed apps? is it important to do a clean reboot first before applying the update? (postpone , then reboot and apply?)

If we could try to identify a cause for the bricks, then perhaps we could at least have a "best practices" before applying any updates.

Just a thought... since this could happen next time to any one of us.

Last edited:

deviouskater

Jun 11, 2010
Did anybody install all three successfully. Or did ppl only install 2

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

FunkyMcBain

Aug 16, 2010
Ottawa
I got 3 updates, two firmware, one camera, the screen sensitivity is much better, that makes me really happy cause it was missing quite a few presses sometimes especially when it's really cold and dry out, low humidity

the_game_master

Dec 14, 2011
Indianapolis
Just the first today. I did the Dec updates when I got it. I knew it was too good to be true. I did not have the issues others were having, no light bleed, good Wifi, GPS locks,... Perfect until the .33 OTA update. Oh hell.:mad: I am going to have to use my GTab until I get this back sometime in the spring. I am too mad to even call Asus yet. I am going to go and get some food and calm down before calling tonight.

I feel your pain.

If my Prime comes in perfect tomorrow I will likely skip these automatic updates.

mazjohn

Dec 8, 2011
Did anybody install all three successfully. Or did ppl only install 2

I got 3 updates in total- the first one was the main update, after accepting, it rebooted on its own and I got the green robot with gears spinning... this went on for a few minutes-

Then , I got the ASUS logo- it sat on this screen for over 7 minutes.

then it finally reached the login screen.

I logged in, and there was a firmware upgrade available- I accepted, and it downloaded and installed. It popped up saying that update was finished. It did not ask me to reboot. I did not reboot.

Then I received another update notice. (third one) This one was for the camera. I accepted. It downloaded (took a good 2 minutes to download) It installed and popped up saying "update complete"

Thats where I am at. I have let the screen sleep but have not yet done a full shutdown and restart.

Hope this can help others.

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
I got 3 updates, two firmware, one camera, the screen sensitivity is much better, that makes me really happy cause it was missing quite a few presses sometimes especially when it's really cold and dry out, low humidity

people who got mulitple updates were most likely on older versions than a good number of people. as the different versions that people had were a lil fragmented and some were on older cam and build versions than others. I only received the one system update to put me at .33. as my other component versions are up to date already.

deviouskater

Jun 11, 2010
I feel your pain.

If my Prime comes in perfect tomorrow I will likely skip these automatic updates.

Sorry man. I feel it too. I was all excited about my prime but this happened.

Well im just going to wait till its instock and its easy to find. Or wait to see if Google brings out a nexus line for tablets.

deviouskater

Jun 11, 2010
I got 3 updates in total- the first one was the main update, after accepting, it rebooted on its own and I got the green robot with gears spinning... this went on for a few minutes-

Then , I got the ASUS logo- it sat on this screen for over 7 minutes.

then it finally reached the login screen.

I logged in, and there was a firmware upgrade available- I accepted, and it downloaded and installed. It popped up saying that update was finished. It did not ask me to reboot. I did not reboot.

Then I received another update notice. (third one) This one was for the camera. I accepted. It downloaded (took a good 2 minutes to download) It installed and popped up saying "update complete"

Thats where I am at. I have let the screen sleep but have not yet done a full shutdown and restart.

Hope this can help others.

Yeah my first updated fine. But once I hit to upgrade the 2nd eeepad update the screen became unresponsive for about an hour. Didn't show update complete in background.

xXxDieselxXx

Nov 28, 2011
If we could try to identify a cause for the bricks, then perhaps we could at least have a "best practices" before applying any updates.

Just a thought... since this could happen next time to any one of us.

You brought a very good point.

My update took more than 8 minutes after reboot and everything went fine.

I should add I had the GPS and BT Off. I never have those On when I don't need them.

So wondering if people getting bricked were updating with the GPS On?

rjscott2005

Aug 16, 2006
Atlanta, Georgia
Ok, did somebody want the file? It's been downloaded to my device. Any suggestions on where to find it? uploadfromtaptalk1325539885420.jpg

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

tylermaciaszek

Jul 1, 2011
Selden
You brought a very good point.

My update took more than 8 minutes after reboot and everything went fine.

I should add I had the GPS and BT Off. I never have those On when I don't need them.

So wondering if people getting bricked were updating with the GPS On?
i had GPS on no brick.

an update couldnt even brick a tablet anyway doesnt make sense

rjscott2005

Aug 16, 2006
Atlanta, Georgia
Ok, did somebody want the file? It's been downloaded to my device. Any suggestions on where to find it?View attachment 839726

Are these the files for the firmware update and are they useful to anyone?
uploadfromtaptalk1325540929752.jpguploadfromtaptalk1325540929752.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1325540946754.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1325540946754.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 153

iZan23

Dec 31, 2011
But all of the bricked Primes were rooted? There is a relation between rooting the Prime and the bricks?

Jordan.t

Jan 2, 2012
My device is bricked and it wasn't rooted.

So there may be a link but it isn't the only possibility

ThrasherSC2K2

Sep 27, 2007
Hi,

My TF also "bricked"

Yes it was rooted before applying the update, froze after applied the System Firmware (not camera). Since then the touchscreen and dock Keyboard does not work anymore.

However, I am still able to use the device.

I should say beforehand that I've protected my Root with OTA RootKeeper.

Naturally after the update Root was gone, and also after a reboot of the device I got the Clockworks with the orange Triangle and exclamation mark.
Please note that when the TF Prime is docked, the boot process would hang on the very first boot screen (with the Tegra logo).

From the "Orange Triangle" screen I've connected my tab to PC.
From PC I ran "adb reboot bootloader" multiple times. After some two or three times, the TF would no longer show the "Orange Triangle" screen. (I was not able to reproduce this with any other adb reboot command)

At this point I've connected a USB mouse to the Dock and am now able to "reroot" using OTA rootkeeper again.

I've also managed to apply the Camera Update successfully.

HOWEVER:

This still leaves me with a "semi-bricked" device.
Also I have noticed, that the Battery Percentage shows 0% and the OS tells me to connect the charger (prior to update the TF was 100% charged).

Running logcat from adb shell also shows errors on some battery calls to "/home/android/...".

So I'm no expert, but If I can help fix this problem by providing a semi functional ROOTED (!) TF Prime, just let me know what I should do and I post the information here.

Last edited:

Jordan.t

Jan 2, 2012
I plugged my bricked transformer into my laptop and under properties it's telling my that i'm running firmware version 1.0. Would that mean that whatever happened deleted whatever updates happened between 1.0 and the update this morning

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    From the ASUS-Germany Facebook Page:
    update.jpg
    right after installing the update, I did a GPS test and I'm able to get 8-10 satellites from my home office. I used to never get a signal here. I will test more and report back.
    WIFI is not required for GPS to function. But yes, even with Wifi turned on.

I am so not bothered by this gps nonsense i never turned off my wifi to check, when i go to weather, it knows where am i am, when i go to maps it locks on instantly, when i go to checkins, it knows where i am.

in my eyes GPS works. idc if i go outside with some sattelite app with wifi off if it connects to them. it works, thats all i care about.

if you are using a 10.1 tablet as a GPS in your car then i really don't know what to say.
    Google plus app keeps crashing after this update...

Same here. Got it to work by going into Settings > Applications > Manage applications > All > Google+ > Clear Data , then Force stop. First time you load Google+ you will then need to select your account.
    For thoses who can't update, do you get a "The application CMClient (process com.asus.cm) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." everytime you boot up? I do lol, if you do I think I might have found an answer, but it's unconfirmed though. I can confirm it till I get home this evening. Here is a link to what I think is a solution.
    this method worked for me