By Saint Isaiah, Senior Member on 26th July 2011, 01:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd January 2012, 03:02 AM |#181  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztotherad

ohh, sorry sir, i didnt see that, well im honestly excited!

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium

No worries ^_^

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda premium

4th January 2012, 07:47 PM |#182  
OP Senior Member

More
So just a quick update.

What I'm currently working on is the port of the 3D Blur elements (launcher and contacts pulldown widget).

So far I've got the launcher to load, but it crashes as soon as you swipe or try to move an icon. My guess is that it's lacking the dependencies needed for the 3D manipulation of the screens when swiping and the icons when you try to move them.

Now keep in mind that I'm still not a pro at this. I'm just a mere PHP web developer trying to learn this as I go along.

Can anyone provide some insight on if my method is correct, or if there's something in particular I may be missing that will make this process a bit easier? Any help is always appreciated.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saint Isaiah For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Saint Isaiah Ad-Free
4th January 2012, 10:15 PM |#183  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 254

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Isaiah

So just a quick update.

What I'm currently working on is the port of the 3D Blur elements (launcher and contacts pulldown widget).

So far I've got the launcher to load, but it crashes as soon as you swipe or try to move an icon. My guess is that it's lacking the dependencies needed for the 3D manipulation of the screens when swiping and the icons when you try to move them.

Now keep in mind that I'm still not a pro at this. I'm just a mere PHP web developer trying to learn this as I go along.

Can anyone provide some insight on if my method is correct, or if there's something in particular I may be missing that will make this process a bit easier? Any help is always appreciated.

No real easy way to go about it. Sounds like you are missing either some bins or libs though.
The Following User Says Thank You to aceoyame For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aceoyame Ad-Free
4th January 2012, 11:38 PM |#184  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceoyame

No real easy way to go about it. Sounds like you are missing either some bins or libs though.

Good idea there. Now if it's requiring one or several specific libs or bins, they would be the ones that are stored in the /system directory or elsewhere?

Also, since the bionic is running 2.3.4 and this ROM will be initially based on the 2.3.4 stock, would using the bins or libs from the bionic that are used for the 3D Blur effects on the X2 lead to dire consequences such as a brick? If so I'm assuming the system SBF file should restore it without a problem but I'm hesitant on trying it without some reassurance it wont leave the phone in a FUBAR state.

6th January 2012, 04:08 AM |#185  
Rochester, MI
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

Good idea there. Now if it's requiring one or several specific libs or bins, they would be the ones that are stored in the /system directory or elsewhere?

Also, since the bionic is running 2.3.4 and this ROM will be initially based on the 2.3.4 stock, would using the bins or libs from the bionic that are used for the 3D Blur effects on the X2 lead to dire consequences such as a brick? If so I'm assuming the system SBF file should restore it without a problem but I'm hesitant on trying it without some reassurance it wont leave the phone in a FUBAR state

From what I understand of sbf'ing it will wipe out everything on the system partition including libraries and bins... in my own efforts in getting a cm 7 port to boot Ive been using an unofficial ATRIX cm7 nightly with the 2.3.4 ATRIX dx2 port and swapping out libs and bins to some avail.... point being anytime I ran into a bootloop(kernel panic) I was able to sbf back to stock

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium
6th January 2012, 05:28 AM |#186  
Flag Perham, Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 1,339

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Also, since the bionic is running 2.3.4 and this ROM will be initially based on the 2.3.4 stock, would using the bins or libs from the bionic that are used for the 3D Blur effects on the X2 lead to dire consequences such as a brick? If so I'm assuming the system SBF file should restore it without a problem but I'm hesitant on trying it without some reassurance it wont leave the phone in a FUBAR state.

Sbf will restore it all including the 2.3.4 kernel
With the locked bootloader it should be near impossible to truly brick it. Unless u purposefully do something to modify the boot so it wont even load rsd
Sent from my DROID X2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to motcher41 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift motcher41 Ad-Free
6th January 2012, 05:44 AM |#187  
Flag Perham, Minnesota

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Might be a dumb question but are you using the launcher from a odexed stock or deodexed stock bionic rom?

The Following User Says Thank You to motcher41 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift motcher41 Ad-Free
6th January 2012, 12:38 PM |#188  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by motcher41

Sbf will restore it all including the 2.3.4 kernel
With the locked bootloader it should be near impossible to truly brick it. Unless u purposefully do something to modify the boot so it wont even load rsd

Yeah that's what I figured but I wasn't certain about it until now. Thanks for clarifying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by motcher41

Might be a dumb question but are you using the launcher from a odexed stock or deodexed stock bionic rom?

Not a dumb question at all. At the moment I am moving the odex launcher from the bionic to the X2. My plan was to deodex to allow for modifications and theming once I got it to work. However, maybe I should just reduce some of the work and deodex the launcher and rom from the start, and possibly not run into so many issues on the port.

6th January 2012, 03:16 PM |#189  
Flag Perham, Minnesota

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yeah that's what I figured but I wasn't certain about it until now. Thanks for clarifying!

Not a dumb question at all. At the moment I am moving the odex launcher from the bionic to the X2. My plan was to deodex to allow for modifications and theming once I got it to work. However, maybe I should just reduce some of the work and deodex the launcher and rom from the start, and possibly not run into so many issues on the port.

Just thought if there is a deodexed version of the bionic stock and you get the launcher from there it may ease some issues.

6th January 2012, 10:15 PM |#190  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 254

More
Start with deodex and then reodex. Or don't and for-go it for disabling bytecode verification as I have done with my barebones rom.

Deodex the whole rom and then take whatever route you please. Working with odex'd files is a surefire way to bootloop or get stuck at the M
7th January 2012, 01:02 AM |#191  
Flag Perham, Minnesota

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceoyame

Start with deodex and then reodex. Or don't and for-go it for disabling bytecode verification as I have done with my barebones rom.

Deodex the whole rom and then take whatever route you please. Working with odex'd files is a surefire way to bootloop or get stuck at the M

How do I disable verification?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)