Confirmed Working Bluetooth Gamepad for HTC devices! No Root

Search This thread

Centsless

Jan 12, 2010
After a year of trying to find a working Gamepad for non rooted Evo 3D, this popped up out of nowhere.

*Gamestop. com, search "Tablet Wireless Bluetooth Controller"

Went to my local GS and picked it up for $40. It worked perfectly for my Evo 3D and my Galaxy Tab 10.1! Emulator mapping was perfect, already set up for Shadowgun and Sonic CD and a few others. This and an MHL adaptor just made me a happy Evo 3D owner. Hope this helps anyone who was stumped like I was but didn't want to root.

drivenapollo

Jul 11, 2010
Las Vegas
Nice find. I have been wondering myself. I am rooted, but all I ever saw was you needed to be on cm7 to use them.

Evo 3D taking it to Redline V2!

After a year of trying to find a working Gamepad for non rooted Evo 3D, this popped up out of nowhere.

Went to my local GS and picked it up for $40. It worked perfectly for my Evo 3D and my Galaxy Tab 10.1! Emulator mapping was perfect, already set up for Shadowgun and Sonic CD and a few others. This and an MHL adaptor just made me a happy Evo 3D owner. Hope this helps anyone who was stumped like I was but didn't want to root.

Good find OP, will definitely be getting this, no more having to dual boot to a AOSP ROM just to play emulators with my Wiimote!

KB112

Jan 13, 2010
East SF-Bay Area
So this one right here?
http://www.gamestop.com/android/accessories/tablet-wireless-bluetooth-controller/97838
883386b.jpg

Reactions: NewbCentral

thisguyinoc

Feb 28, 2007
Orange County, CA
I picked up that Gamestop gamepad as well and it's working great with my EVO 3D running Infected ROM 1.4.2. Hooked it up to my LCD TV with my MHL adapter and now I have a complete NES system with every single game ever available all in my little phone. Brings back so many memories. Great find!

Jfree3000

Jul 20, 2010
Metro Atlanta
I bought one of these as well online, the problem I ran into is that the left analog stick is inverted and changing the settings in game doesn't solve the problem. What I mean is that with the left analog stick up and down movements registers as left and right and vice versa.

With an emulator I can assign the stick the right way but the listed movement is still wrong, but with a game such as ShadowGun I can't map the controller. Did any of you guys experience this problem? I called Gamestop and they said I could bring it back to the store for a swap or refund. Thanks in advance.

SLver

Sep 28, 2008

Thanks very much for the info... :D

Now shut up and take my money :p

seriously how i can get one of them here in Mexico :(:(:( wha :eek:

CLBrian

Aug 27, 2010
I purchased one of these from their online store. It works with my E3D and my touchpad running android. I have a little problem with occasional lag (like it takes a split second to wake up the button). Anyone else having that problem? Maybe i need send it back for a replacement?

louforgiveno

Jun 24, 2010
I bought one of these as well online, the problem I ran into is that the left analog stick is inverted and changing the settings in game doesn't solve the problem. What I mean is that with the left analog stick up and down movements registers as left and right and vice versa.

With an emulator I can assign the stick the right way but the listed movement is still wrong, but with a game such as ShadowGun I can't map the controller. Did any of you guys experience this problem? I called Gamestop and they said I could bring it back to the store for a swap or refund. Thanks in advance.

Same issue here, it seems like the controller is programmed for portrait gaming, the controller is offset 90 degrees when you go to play a landscape game. Wish there was an app that would run and allow for mapping of the controls or at least rotate the axis's with the phone.

Kolma

Apr 30, 2011
Tampa,FL
Kolma.info
I have a rooted Stock Evo V 4G
And i want to say that the Moga works as well (it should work on non-rooted too)
Both the Pilot app works with officially supported games and the universal driver with some other games that support controllers
GTA 3 - yes
Sonic 4 ep1, deadspace - no
Those however require root, without root the analog will act as d-pads which can still be used on emulators! :good::cool:

Venturesploring

Jan 29, 2013
Kennesaw
Got the GS Controller...

Went out and got the GS Controller after I read the great news, unfortunately I can't get it to work with my Evo V. The bluetooth turns on and discovers the "GS Controller" and pairs, but it says connecting... for a split second and then just shows as a paired device. When I tap the paired device it says "touch any key to reconnect keyboard"

Does your phone display "connected" under GS Controller?

Not sure if it matters but two of the controller's LEDs (green & blue) blink until I press a button on the gamepad, after just paired.

I am back on the stock VM Rom and HBoot 1.5757

I am just an old school gamer trying to play up on the big screen mobile style. Sorry if I missed any info...thanx in advance for any help!

xbimp

Nov 19, 2010

So you just need to pair them up and i works? Since you are unrooted, you cannt run sixaxis compatibility checker....

np6s4x

Feb 10, 2013
picked up version 2 of this (red samurai), works out-of-the-box, as a bluetooth keyboard in pacman rom 21.0 (with the switch in back set to 'k') on an evo 3D

getting it to work on a stock evo V, not quite so simple...

@Venturesploring i had the same issue of it pairing, but not connecting, i don't know if this will work on version 1 or not, but what i did to get it to work with stock ICS was install "Bluez IME" from the play store, then within the page's description download and install "HID Enabler" (link near the bottom), then when in 'bluez IME Settings', choose "keyboard (HID)" for 'select device driver'

AmieDD

Jun 12, 2013
Updated game list on GameStop's Web page

Gamestop Red Samurai

I saw GameStop updated the new Bluetooth controller's web page with more games list that works with the controller. I know The Bard's Tale works also. Make sure the controller is in "G" (gamepad mode) on the back of the controller!

picked up version 2 of this (red samurai), works out-of-the-box, as a bluetooth keyboard in pacman rom 21.0 (with the switch in back set to 'k') on an evo 3D

getting it to work on a stock evo V, not quite so simple...

@Venturesploring i had the same issue of it pairing, but not connecting, i don't know if this will work on version 1 or not, but what i did to get it to work with stock ICS was install "Bluez IME" from the play store, then within the page's description download and install "HID Enabler" (link near the bottom), then when in 'bluez IME Settings', choose "keyboard (HID)" for 'select device driver'

isamu99

Jun 19, 2013
Can anyone PLEASE confirm whether or not this Red Samurai V2 controller works with a vanilla and *UNROOTED* HTC EVO 3D "out of the box" or even with the Bluez app? Please let me know, I'm going crazy here!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yep, that's the one. They had plenty at my GS so I'm sure they have them at most of them too.