[ROM] VillainROM presents... SuperVillain Shensation v1.2 [ICS][08/01/12]

Search This thread

shenye

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 29, 2009
London
VillainROM Presents...

SuperVillain Shensation

The ROM is built for performance and speed. It's based on a leaked ICS RUU but I have stripped most of the Sense apps out and replaced them with the AOSP alternatives, including the Launcher and Rosie. I have left a few Sense app in, such as the HTC IME keyboard and Wifi-Tether, but nearly everything else is Sense-free. I'm the only one on the Villain Team with a Sensation, so I will try my very best to keep this up to date, bug free, etc. :)

Features:
-Battery life enhancements
-Deodexed
-Speed and caching improvements
-1.5 GHZ CPU frequency
-AOSP Apps - Thanks Hawke84
-Sense mostly stripped away
-SebastianFM's 1.5GHz Kernel

Working:
-Everything I think...

Known Issues:
-Long first boot (no more than 10mins)
-Process crashes after setup wizard completes, doesn't seem to occur again.
-Can't open camera from lockscreen*
-Gallery takes a while to crawl through the sdcard.*
-Cant open Gallery from Camera.*
-Need to unlock AOSP lockscreen to answer calls*
*trying to fix these for next release

----------------------

Download
Link - 1.2

----
Past releases:

----

Additional Options:
-Sense Lockscreen (I have included Rosie so you can select the shortcuts you want on the desktop, use Launcher2 instead for better performance and battery)
Direct link

Coming Soon.....[I will add a kitchen for you to select which Sense apps you want and generate an update.zip to flash on top of the ROM.]

Credits:
In addition to Hawke84 and SebastianFM, I'd like to thank the rest of the VillainROM Team and the Asian guy who leaks me RUU's :)

Like the ROM? Throw me 5*'s and a Thanks :) [look bottom right for the Thanks button]

Last edited:

vijaysapkota

Nov 3, 2009
Kessel-lo
Nice to seee villainteam in Sensation section.
I used to have villain rom while I used htc hero, (the first device to have villain rom).

skedone

Aug 19, 2006
hay where did this come from lol should have told me mate i would have tested it will test when phone finishes charging

NetSoerfer

Sep 29, 2009
Dortmund
OnePlus Nord
VillainROM Presents...

SuperVillain Shensation

That's awesome, man, thanks for releasing this.

Does choosing non-Facebook pictures when there's a Facebook Contact linked to the Android Contact work or does the Facebook picture always override any other choice you make?

Does automatic Contact Linking work by any chance?

Is it possible to answer calls directly from the Lock Screen, or do you have to unlock first before you can answer the call?

Which Phone app are you using, AOSP or Sense?

shenye

Oct 29, 2009
London
That's awesome, man, thanks for releasing this.

Does choosing non-Facebook pictures when there's a Facebook Contact linked to the Android Contact work or does the Facebook picture always override any other choice you make?

Does automatic Contact Linking work by any chance?

Is it possible to answer calls directly from the Lock Screen, or do you have to unlock first before you can answer the call?

Which Phone app are you using, AOSP or Sense?
It uses the AOSP contacts manager and Phone app. I have a kitchen in the works for you to pick and cook an update.zip with the sense apps you want.

So this means theres autolinking by the ICS Contacts app, the lockscreen is also AOSP so yeah you can answer from lockscreen.

KAsp3rd

Jan 16, 2011
Louisville
One quick question... Does it support the t-mob wifi calling? (it's a must for me as I don't get signal at work)

shenye

Oct 29, 2009
London
This isn't based on a T-Mobile RUU....so it wouldn't have the kernel. To be honest, you'll be waiting a long time because leaks don't occur until the development is finalised

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    VillainROM Presents...

SuperVillain Shensation

The ROM is built for performance and speed. It's based on a leaked ICS RUU but I have stripped most of the Sense apps out and replaced them with the AOSP alternatives, including the Launcher and Rosie. I have left a few Sense app in, such as the HTC IME keyboard and Wifi-Tether, but nearly everything else is Sense-free. I'm the only one on the Villain Team with a Sensation, so I will try my very best to keep this up to date, bug free, etc. :)

Features:
    -Battery life enhancements
    -Deodexed
    -Speed and caching improvements
    -1.5 GHZ CPU frequency
    -AOSP Apps - Thanks Hawke84
    -Sense mostly stripped away
    -SebastianFM's 1.5GHz Kernel

Working:
    -Everything I think...

Known Issues:
    -Long first boot (no more than 10mins)
    -Process crashes after setup wizard completes, doesn't seem to occur again.
    -Can't open camera from lockscreen*
    -Gallery takes a while to crawl through the sdcard.*
    -Cant open Gallery from Camera.*
    -Need to unlock AOSP lockscreen to answer calls*
    *trying to fix these for next release

----------------------

Download
    Link - 1.2

----
    Past releases:

----

Additional Options:
    -Sense Lockscreen (I have included Rosie so you can select the shortcuts you want on the desktop, use Launcher2 instead for better performance and battery)
    Direct link

Coming Soon.....[I will add a kitchen for you to select which Sense apps you want and generate an update.zip to flash on top of the ROM.]

Credits:
    In addition to Hawke84 and SebastianFM, I'd like to thank the rest of the VillainROM Team and the Asian guy who leaks me RUU's :)

Like the ROM? Throw me 5*'s and a Thanks :) [look bottom right for the Thanks button]
    Guys, it's a bad zip, not sure why. I'm reuploading now. If you've already downloaded, just extract all and recompress. (any OS)
    Same here - loved it on the Hero.

Damn you HTC Hero! "You're the one who got me hooked on rooting, flashing etc..."

But I Love It!!!
    i'm probably doing something wrong but after i'm recompressing the zip,
    i still get an error msg.

Don't extract to a folder then compress the folder it goes to. Highlight the contents of the extracted folder then compress. Hope that makes sense!

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk
    Weird...seems the settings menu is missing altogether....hmm....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk