By miffy4, Junior Member on 4th January 2012, 07:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th January 2012, 01:01 PM |#11  
Recognized Themer
Flag Rays Bay, FL
Thanks Meter: 2,855

Donate to Me
More
Being a recent HTC convert and former X2 owner, I can say that this could really work. We got our Rezound unlocked. This needs to get out there. You'd be surprised how powerful this can be if enough people here on XDA start making noise. Thanks, OP, for posting this. Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to WasabiWa83 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WasabiWa83 Ad-Free

5th January 2012, 02:31 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Can we organize a time to CALL motorola? I think clogging up their phone lines for a couple of hours may be more effective than jamming their inboxes with easily deleted emails. If we could get even 100 people to just call at the same time, we could be HIGHLY effective.

We could all also call the phone number listed in post number 96 of the similar thread in the RAZR forum. I think that if we politely annoy enough people things can get better.
5th January 2012, 04:48 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
'Bout to hit 1000..
5th January 2012, 05:13 PM |#14  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 2,066

Donate to Me
More
Guys thus could work.we doubled our sigs in less then twelve hours at this rate we'd have 5000 by Saturday. Remember to send them emails and to remind other moto forums!! I have a feeling that they just might listen if we bagger them enough.

Sent from my eclipsed Droid x2
The Following User Says Thank You to antp121 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift antp121 Ad-Free
5th January 2012, 05:28 PM |#15  
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 805

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by antp121

Guys thus could work.we doubled our sigs in less then twelve hours at this rate we'd have 5000 by Saturday. Remember to send them emails and to remind other moto forums!! I have a feeling that they just might listen if we bagger them enough.

Sent from my eclipsed Droid x2

I signed the petition.

I posted in the Motorola X2 forums that HTC has already unlocked their bootloaders within the United States, and that the X2 will be my last Motorola phone if they do not go through with their statement they released to unlock the bootloaders.

I sent an email (not nasty, but to-the-point) in the same vein as my post in their forums.

Remember, people. Do NOT be nasty about it: no name calling, no cursing, etc. Just state that you feel they should unlock the bootloader, especially since HTC has done it. I went as far as to suggest they contact HTC to see how they got Verizon and AT&T to allow this. Then, state that you won't be purchasing any more Motorola phones if they do not move forward with this. I was being kinder and stated that we, as customers, deserve an answer from them one way or another (whether they will unlock the phones or not). If they choose not to unlock the phones nor give an answer, the X2 was going to be my last Motorola phone.

It wasn't nasty, it was to the point and it was with tact. That's what we need, not a lot of flaming, etc. That won't get you anywhere and they'll just ignore it and treat it as if it were from some child or teenager, which is what I would do with it as well.

BTW, just read this excellent article on Droid Life. Pretty damning against Motorola if you ask me!

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/01/05...8droid+life%29

I went ahead and updated my post in the Moto forums to include this article link as well.

BTW, this has to be the 3rd or 4th "article" I've seen today about this. I think it's picking up steam. Now, whether Moto decides to listen and take action is another thing.
5th January 2012, 08:53 PM |#16  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 2,066

Donate to Me
More
Exactly we must be to the point but not to forward it could be offensive plus that could hurt the cause And we still need a little more signer so tell your friends mom etc
6th January 2012, 04:36 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Signed petition.hope were heard.
6th January 2012, 10:01 PM |#18  
Flag Hampton Roads, VA
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by antp121

Exactly we must be to the point but not to forward it could be offensive plus that could hurt the cause And we still need a little more signer so tell your friends mom etc

I went and called Mrs. Ellen and Mrs. Houtz. They both want to help and are ready to join our cause. Let's make moves people.

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda mid-grade
6th January 2012, 11:05 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Posted it on a google discussion in another forum. Can we get a list of forums this has been posted on?
6th January 2012, 11:31 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
I believe that we should have this posted on every phones forum because it's not just for us that it will benefit but it would benefit everyone and for me I wouldn't have to wait on a phone to see if it's dev friendly or just another red headed step child.

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA App
6th January 2012, 11:31 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
It was on the xda news page the other day.

Sent from my Eclipsed DROID X2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)