FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[HELP] Root, Optimizations, OC, & More TUT(UPD: ICS less lag w/ build.prop(no.9))

1,544 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,837

By Wechy77, Senior Member on 4th January 2012, 06:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th January 2012, 05:20 AM |#21  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 2,152

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by idareyoutoclickthis

I also experience FC using smartassv2, ondemand is good. Why won't you recommend to install their custom ROM?

Anyway in you Enable Dynamic Brightness, you forgot to add step to set hw_config.sh permission to rw-r-r

Well i don't want to mess around with the same based but just more lightweight ROM from them because it is just.. lightweight.. that means you lose all the app that for me, it is the essence of using Android (and Xperia name will lose its mojo without timescape wouldn't it ).

Thanks but it is not necessary to add permission to hw_config.sh. It is already on rw-r--r--. Saving new line won't change the permissions there.

7th January 2012, 05:41 AM |#22  
Flag Cavite
Thanks Meter: 3

More
editing the profile in setcpu like when the screen is off lower cpu speed and maximum when screen is on.. this might help them reduce battery consumption too..
7th January 2012, 05:45 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 700

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansip87

Well i don't want to mess around with the same based but just more lightweight ROM from them because it is just.. lightweight.. that means you lose all the app that for me, it is the essence of using Android (and Xperia name will lose its mojo without timescape wouldn't it ).

Thanks but it is not necessary to add permission to hw_config.sh. It is already on rw-r--r--. Saving new line won't change the permissions there.

they need to if they opt to replace default hw_config.sh to that of xperia arc which is optional
7th January 2012, 06:32 AM |#24  
Flag Jakarta

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by idareyoutoclickthis

they need to if they opt to replace default hw_config.sh to that of xperia arc which is optional

ah you mean the als_curve one eh? Ok i'll add it to the tutorial thx bro. hw_config.sh is never given from xperia arc because it is different hardware (slightly) just the als_curve that is given at the source link
7th January 2012, 07:40 AM |#25  
nowhere?
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Thumbs up nice one man!
Way to go!

I have been waiting for a long time to see this, and to think that you've explained it from the noob's POV...

Now, I'll just have to do some of the items on your post.

BTW: can you specify which android builds and firmwares do your tutorial apply?
that would save a lot more questions

jin

__________________________________________________ ______
I Love SE, especially SEX! = Sony Ericsson Xperia
k750i(modded from forums.SE-NSE.net>xperia x10 mini pro(rooted 1.6 to 2.1 Nordic)>Ray(2.3.3 .368 stock rooted by ZergRush)
7th January 2012, 08:01 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 700

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansip87

ah you mean the als_curve one eh? Ok i'll add it to the tutorial thx bro. hw_config.sh is never given from xperia arc because it is different hardware (slightly) just the als_curve that is given at the source link

Haha LOL Yap, I meant the als_curve.
7th January 2012, 08:16 AM |#27  
Flag Jakarta

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yujin_11

Way to go!

I have been waiting for a long time to see this, and to think that you've explained it from the noob's POV...

Now, I'll just have to do some of the items on your post.

BTW: can you specify which android builds and firmwares do your tutorial apply?
that would save a lot more questions

jin

__________________________________________________ ______
I Love SE, especially SEX! = Sony Ericsson Xperia
k750i(modded from forums.SE-NSE.net>xperia x10 mini pro(rooted 1.6 to 2.1 Nordic)>Ray(2.3.3 .368 stock rooted by ZergRush)

Ok bro, added.
7th January 2012, 09:22 AM |#28  
Flag Cavite
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Im experiencing home launcher drawbacks even though im supercharge with aggressive 1.. :| what can i do?
7th January 2012, 01:23 PM |#29  
nowhere?
Thanks Meter: 44

More
oh okay... but I think I did not see it, although you managed to unlock the bootloader

maybe you or someone could include how to change the fonts without flashing
7th January 2012, 04:24 PM |#30  
Flag Jakarta

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cotangent05

Im experiencing home launcher drawbacks even though im supercharge with aggressive 1.. :| what can i do?

Have you tried to rerun the first script? If the result of the test from that script like 'weak ' then maybe the Script Manager have not run your script right. Try recheck Script Manager if the result script is tagged as su and boot. and if that fails, you might need to try another option from SuperCharger. Let me know the result.

@yujin_11: Nah i think i leave that for another person it is not essential enough to be put in here (no offense ) Just to keep it clean and get to the point: performance.
7th January 2012, 04:34 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 100

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cotangent05

you can add one string into /system/build.prop by root explorer. Just add one new string at bottom of build.prop. This string is:
ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1
Save file and reboot. After that the system will never unload Home from memory.
I think that supercharge does something similar, but ro.HOME_APP_ADJ works well.
The Following User Says Thank You to coolkaas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift coolkaas Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
root, statusbar, supercharger, tut, tutorial

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)