By miffy4, Junior Member on 4th January 2012, 07:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th January 2012, 04:50 PM |#31  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 254

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by robocuff

Isn't that the point? You can't do that with an X2 because of the locked bootloader. At least not as far as I know. I myself am not all that big on overclocking but given the right kernel the X2 is certainly capable of it. Seems to me that would translate into the X2 being held back from performing like it can because of the locked bootloader.

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium

Well I wouldn't say so. Even with 2nd init and aosp we will get a large increase in performance. What I was actually saying is that it looks like our roms are getting near as fast as AOSP at least according to that bench. Of course aosp is going to still bring a nice boost in speed and new features. I am impressed as how far we've taken blur lol.

7th January 2012, 05:39 PM |#32  
Flag Cincinnati, OH
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:

Isn't that the point? You can't do that with an X2 because of the locked bootloader. At least not as far as I know. I myself am not all that big on overclocking but given the right kernel the X2 is certainly capable of it. Seems to me that would translate into the X2 being held back from performing like it can because of the locked bootloader.

That is the point I was trying to make. The only modification to the xoom is an OC and it still scores that much higher than a decently modified x2. Im sure once the xoom sees a rom the scores will go up.

Sent from my Eclipsed and ICS themed X2.
7th January 2012, 05:40 PM |#33  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 254

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3HBR1AN

That is the point I was trying to make. The only modification to the xoom is an OC and it still scores that much higher than a decently modified x2. Im sure once the xoom sees a rom the scores will go up.

The XOOM has rims I would imagine with it being a google experience device
7th January 2012, 05:54 PM |#34  
Flag Perham, Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 1,335

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

+1

Sent from my DROID X2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk
7th January 2012, 07:46 PM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Also, sorry to whoever started the petition but the mission statement on change.org could be written a little more professionally. Can it be edited?
7th January 2012, 08:30 PM |#36  
Flag Perham, Minnesota

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckinabox

Also, sorry to whoever started the petition but the mission statement on change.org could be written a little more professionally. Can it be edited?

Contact the starter of it names on the site with the petition

Sent from my DROID X2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk
7th January 2012, 09:55 PM |#37  
Flag Cincinnati, OH
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckinabox

I agree with this.

7th January 2012, 10:09 PM |#38  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Maybe someone can put this as
an article on slashdot.com in their mobile section
7th January 2012, 10:12 PM |#39  
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 805

More
As of today (01/07/2012, 4:08 PM ET), the petition has 3,221 signatures. Let's keep it going, even though I doubt it will make a difference, but our voices must be heard by Motorola.

Get to 5,000 signatures and then we might have even more clout. 5,000 possible lost customers? Might not be much for them, but if I were a manager and I saw this petition and knew that potentially thousands of customers might jump ship, I might have to rethink our strategy.

We'll never know unless we actually try.

Of course, even if they don't listen, we have to go through with our "threat" - not get any more Motorola devices. For me, I'm definitely not getting one when my new every two comes up.
7th January 2012, 11:29 PM |#40  
Flag Hampton Roads, VA
Thanks Meter: 18

More
I'd buy an iPhone before I'd buy a Motorola again.

Actually, I take that back. I never would. I'd buy a windows mobile. Forgot about that them.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
8th January 2012, 02:22 AM |#41  
Flag Perham, Minnesota

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phieta

I'd buy an iPhone before I'd buy a Motorola again.

Actually, I take that back. I never would. I'd buy a windows mobile. Forgot about that them.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Ewwww window mobile....well atleast you'll go to a competitor we never have to worry about uping android

probably sent to from the middle of a lake in central Minnesota
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)