Motoactv

Search This thread

reddog

Jan 29, 2006
Atlanta
- Stop ADB (Enables MotoSync and Mass Storage)

Hello Everyone,

How do you re-enable ADB after you issue the stop command to regain MotoSync and Mass Storage?

Fatadxb

Dec 28, 2008
Thanks alot it works now
I have only one thing the date on the watch 2013
when I try to change it force close everytime any help pls

Rlcohen70

Apr 17, 2011
Future Plans:
- Support multiple backups
- Flash Boot.img
- Work with SuperOneClick for All-in-one easy to root program
- Market Installer
- Run custom commands
- Install any APK placed in the 'APKs' folder

First,
thanks for all that you have done so far. I was on the fence about getting this unit and made the leap because of the activity and potential of what can be done.

I purchased the device for the full use of what it has to offer and what I can do.
Given that, in your opinion

Will I loose any of the current functionality? (it is a little unclear reading through the posts)

How soon do you expect your next upgrade?

Should I wait before taking these initial steps?

Once again, thanks for the great work and I look forward to future enhancements.

NORCALkID

Jun 23, 2011
Hello Everyone,

How do you re-enable ADB after you issue the stop command to regain MotoSync and Mass Storage?

To re enable mass storage you connect your actv to the computer hen open command line and type adb shell and then type stop adbd

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

NORCALkID

Jun 23, 2011
First,
thanks for all that you have done so far. I was on the fence about getting this unit and made the leap because of the activity and potential of what can be done.

I purchased the device for the full use of what it has to offer and what I can do.

Will I loose any of the current functionality? (it is a little unclear reading through the posts)

Once again, thanks for the great work and I look forward to future enhancements.

If you dont remove any apks from your device including the launcher all functionality will still be there. You can create shortcuts to them if you want to acess them on a different launcher bu you have to use something like anycut or similar.

As far as udates go i think some one with rom development skills will have to jump on board to help out with that or wait till cmw comes out with something.

About you waiting before taking initial steps ... Well this is very bleeding edge right now most of everything has been simplified by our buddy JAY and some one else who posted a pretty good tutoral a few post up.. Just play with caution.The people in the irc chanel are super helpful if you catch them when they are on.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Jay4255

Jan 7, 2012
League City, TX
Hello Everyone,

You can either restart the watch, or install a program like "Android Terminal Emulator" and run "start adbd".

First,

If you don't run the "Clean '/system/app" option under the Tools menu, it will leave all the other MotoACTV APKs on there. You can use Anycut to run them. If you remap the buttons, those will most likely not work in any of the original MotoACTV APKs. But most of the functionality is touch-based. There are 3rd party programs for the majority of the MotoACTV stuff, just have to search for it.

Unless people start flinging bugs at me left and right, which judging from the reports I've been hearing I don't expect to happen (I'm really picky about my code), It will most likely be a few weeks. The only file that really changes is the .bat file.

You need to have already flashed the boot.img and ran SuperOneClick before using anything in my batch file.

Hope this answers your questions.

Last edited:

reddog

Jan 29, 2006
Atlanta
Thanks Jay4255

I have a two more questions:

1. I can get Market to open but then it says I must add a account. I say yes then nothing happens. I am sure its "operator error" missed installing something not sure what.

2. It appears that the command adb uninstall "filename" does not allow you to uninstall..anyone run into this?

Itslame

Jan 6, 2012
Mililani, Hawaii
Has anyone resigned the certs the remaining APK's with the AOSP? Force closures are making things difficult, Amazon Appstore wouldnt install dropbox due to a framework crash so I have to resort to installing via ADB. Bag of Kona coffee in it for ya ;)

On a side note: Airdroid makes things so much easier to do on the F100. It's available in the market and allows wifi sync and virtual desktop.

atmandk

Apr 18, 2009
Here are some apps that I'm using and that work really well on the motoactv:

Zeam launcher
Firefox 9 browser
Pandora
Netflix
GMail
Adobe Reader
FM Radio (using Anycut to make shortcut)
NPR Mobile App (works really well!)
Calculator (from CM7)
Google Maps 6.0.3 (with 10 mile sq. map cache)
Google My Tracks (great replacement app for running/walking/biking, etc)
GPS Essentials (another great replacement app, similar to My Tracks)
Backcountry Navigator (seems to work, haven't played with it much yet)
Turbo GPS (Another good tracker)
ES File Explorer, in Root mode (great, also replaces MP3 player)
Flit keyboard
Jewels Star (very usable and fun)
Solitaire
Chess free
Desktop shortcuts to Wifi settings and Manage Applications

Almost all of these are moved to the SD, still have 40mb free of internal storage.

The Mp3 player in ES File Explorer and the GPS tracking in My Tracks and GPS Essentials have more than replaced the functionality of the original device (I do use it for running). I don't care about all the workout crap in the original device, I just like to track my runs for distance and some waypoints while listening to music, podcasts, or npr on the FM radio.

What apps are others using?

Reactions: carnagecjb

moonzbabysh

Jul 17, 2008
Mesa, AZ
How do i use the Mono app? ive got it loaded on my mac but i cant figure out how to run the scripts. Ive also tried the super one click on vmware win7 but it crashes as soon as it connect to my motoactv?? any help wuould be so apprecated.

Itslame

Jan 6, 2012
Mililani, Hawaii
Suggested apps:

-Zeam Launcher (I have Zeam, HCL and the Original MotoLauncher all installed...being Zeam has been eekin out the most use over the HCL1.8)
-Air Droid (wifi sync w/ virtual desktop)
-Pandora (works GREAT!)
-AnyCut
-Dolphin Lite browser
-Dropbox
-Google Maps
-Swiftkey X keyboard (sucky thing is it takes up the whole screen so I am often left guessing as to what I am entering.)
-Button Savior (free edition is really only good for toggling between launchers)
-Amazon Appstore (framework forceclosures make it work sporadically at best)

I left the Motolauncher and APK's intact so I can give the watch to my wife once it loses that shine, LOL!

nosit1

May 19, 2010
Arizona
Suggested apps:

-Zeam Launcher (I have Zeam, HCL and the Original MotoLauncher all installed...being Zeam has been eekin out the most use over the HCL1.8)
-Air Droid (wifi sync w/ virtual desktop)
-Pandora (works GREAT!)
-AnyCut
-Dolphin Lite browser
-Dropbox
-Google Maps
-Swiftkey X keyboard (sucky thing is it takes up the whole screen so I am often left guessing as to what I am entering.)
-Button Savior (free edition is really only good for toggling between launchers)
-Amazon Appstore (framework forceclosures make it work sporadically at best)

I was using SwiftKey X to start with, but found I still needed to know what I was typing. From there, I swtiched to Flit Keyboard. I must say one of the better for lower resolution screens. Recently I have tried:

-Documents2Go (Working fine!)
-Xscope Browser (Use Google Search instead of address bar for no FC w/ other tweaks
-Tapatalk (Again, no searching, just browse to it. XDA and RootzWiki are easy finds)
-Trillian (Best free IM that I have been using. IM + is good too, but not the free one. Had a giant ad that takes precious space up.)
-Serious Sam Kamikaze (Works great if you know your way around the app from your phone)
-Enhanced Email (Awesome, works like a charm!)
-CNN (Again, works very well.)
-Bonsai Blast (Very well, sometimes balls get flung at unintentional places, but that's user error.)
-Netflix (Subtitles work great. However, audio is not entirely in sync.)
-PocketCloud RDP (Working well with resolution changes)
-Spotify (Working awesome! Even offline playing)
-Drag Racing (minimal testing, from it, working well)
-Pinman (Working, but very boring. Haha)
-Slots Royale (Working with some tweaks)

Reactions: carnagecjb

Jay4255

Jan 7, 2012
League City, TX
I have a two more questions:

1. I can get Market to open but then it says I must add a account. I say yes then nothing happens. I am sure its "operator error" missed installing something not sure what.

2. It appears that the command adb uninstall "filename" does not allow you to uninstall..anyone run into this?

At the moment, the market doesn't work on the MotoACTV. There are a lot of things that have to be in place for the market to work, and some of them are missing. As soon as we have a guide to get a fully working Market on the MotoACTV, it will be added to my batch script.

When using adb uninstall, you don't use the name of the file which can make it a little confusing. Every Android app has a PackageName that is unique. Similar to a MAC Address or phone number. That way when it's released into the market, no other apps can pose as that app and trick you into updating to a different program. So to use adb uninstall, you need to use the PackageName, not the file name. For example, Netflix is "com.netflix.mediaclient"

Hope this helps.

IseeBrickedPhones

Apr 12, 2009
Firmware 4.57.78

Loving the way this story is panning out.

I went and got myself one of these today along with the bike mount. I plan for three uses. 1) watch 2) bike trip computer 3) DSLR GPS photo tagger

My unit is 8gb and came from UK - but has 4.57.78 firmware in it.

Will the boot.img everyone is using cause me any issues? I am concerned in replacing the bootloader with this new one as its paper weight time.

Also, how does the moto software flash the device? Will we be able to leverage this in the future to provide a ROM manager like experience?

Another point - Anyone looked at the SE Mini Pro launcher?

Last edited:

nosit1

May 19, 2010
Arizona
Loving the way this story is panning out.

I went and got myself one of these today along with the bike mount. I plan for three uses. 1) watch 2) bike trip computer 3) DSLR GPS photo tagger

My unit is 8gb and came from UK - but has 4.57.78 firmware in it.

Will the boot.img everyone is using cause me any issues? I am concerned in replacing the bootloader with this new one as its paper weight time.

Also, how does the moto software flash the device? Will we be able to leverage this in the future to provide a ROM manager like experience?

Another point - Anyone looked at the SE Mini Pro launcher?

All of us are in the US. We're currently sitting on 4.55.78. Unfortunately, I do not think it will work since you have a different firmware. You can give it a shot, but obviously at your own risk.

The Actv sync software uses the same we do, through fastboot/custom recovery. The way cmw was able to get a boot.img was through a man in the middle attack on the server to get them to give him the package (Jay, correct me if I'm wrong).

IseeBrickedPhones

Apr 12, 2009
Thansk nosit1 - I guess I need to wait for someone build build a new boot.img for the newer firmware?

My current bootloader is 3.11 - this is shown in fastboot screens.

MasterAmado

Jan 9, 2012
So my device is not showing up when i use adb. Could this be a driver issue? In device manger the device is listed as Motorola USB Device is that right?

My device is the 8gb version and the firmware is the right one. I am running adb from CMD and it was extracted from the Motoactv zip supplied in the previous page. The version of windows i am on is windows 7 pro 64 bit.

Any ideas?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CWMR ported

Hello,

I have ported CWMR 5.0.2.7 to the Motoactv (F100) device.

actvcmwr.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

The procedure for this is as follows. You MUST have working adb knowledge to use this and you must be able to restore using the available tool should any problems arise. This is considered an ALPHA release that may need additional work. I did not have access to the device during the port so all testing was done through TheEndGame7. THERE MAY BE ISSUES, you are warned.

1) Download this file: CWMR5x_F100_recoveryA.img
    2) adb push CWMR5x_F100_recoveryA.img /data/local/
    3) adb shell (become root)
    4) dd if=/data/local/CWMR5x_F100_recoveryA.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk1p13
    5) exit adb from the device
    6) adb reboot recovery (you should be in CWMR now)

The source for the device config is here. Please feel free to go wild with development on this because I do not have the device and likely won't be contributing much more except bug fixes. If you use this source, please give credit where it's due.

NOTE: there are missing images(known). This is because the ramdisk is EXTREMELY finicky on this device and it WILL NOT BOOT past 3.66mb in size. I trimmed out things that weren't needed in order to make this work. The basic functionality you need should be there. adb is also not functioning properly yet within recovery.

ramdisk config:
    https://github.com/utkanos/android_motorola_F100_initrd

device config:
    https://github.com/utkanos/android_device_motorola_F100

credits:
    koush for cwmr.
    TheEndGame7 for being my testing guinea pig.
    hashcode for some helpful insight.
    MotoACTV Easy Modder v0.1

Post removed, see below.
    Well, it was a *****, but here is build 2, moving to Beta at this point in 'Moto red' by request of TEG.

ayu6vRFV

There is 1 lingering issue: usb support in recovery. It is a bastard, going to really have to tear this thing apart to debug why. Right now, recovery can backup, restore, wipe, flash roms, etc. All the stuff you're used to working, now does. I fixed images by shrinking the kernel to fit more stuff in here. You should no longer get any weird image errors. I bumped you up to 5.0.2.8 source as well.

Flash this file the same as before via adb and dd.
    CWMR5x_F100_recoveryB.img

adb push CWMR5x_F100_recoveryB.img /data/local/
    adb shell
    # dd if=/data/local/CWMR5x_F100_recoveryB.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk1p13
    # exit
    adb reboot recovery

Some additional notes I'd like to share that might help you as you mess with this device now that I've played with one.

1) NEVER use adb reboot bootloader for any reason. You get stuck in a ****tily programmed loop of hell. The way out of this loop is by following these instructions:

a) hold START, POWER, VOL UP, VOL DOWN together for 10 seconds at least. You should see the screen flicker on and off twice.
    b) plug in the USB cable to turn device on
    c) you should boot back to rom, if not, do it again. It's touchy.

2) The 'soft' reset is done by START + POWER for 5 seconds.

Enjoy. Source is updated. This will likely be the last update unless I get adb working.

Credits: koush for cwmr
    TheEndGame7 for providing a device
    ClearD for files
    Attached is the latest copy of my MotoACTV Easy Modder v1.0. This is a MAJOR upgrade! Adds numerous features and completely revises how backups are stored on the computer. Need to use 7zip to extract it, wouldn't let me upload that big of a .zip file.

To make this version see your old backups, open your IMGs folder, make a new folder (no spaces), drag all your old .img files into it.

ChangeLog:
    v1.0 Updated 1/16/12
    - Redesigned GUI
    - Integrated SuperOneClick (Very basic at the moment)
    - Backup (Boot, Recovery, System, Cache, Userdata, All)
    - Restore (Boot, Recovery, System, Cache, Userdata, All)
    - Added more Button Remaps (21 configurations)
    - Run Custom ADB commands
    - Run Custom Fastboot commands

v0.8 Updated 1/12/12
    - Fixed a few errors
    - Made ADB pause until a device is detected before continuing
    - New method of button remapping (DELETE "Keypads" folder from previous version)
    - Cleaned code

v0.6 Updated 01/09/12
    - Backup
    - Now supports multiple images
    - Restore / Flash
    - Flash Custom Boot.img
    - Implemented Userdata Restore
    - Implemented System and Userdata Restore
    - Mods
    - Install Custom APKs
    - Tools
    - Remount filesystem as Read/Write
    - Modified "Clean '/system/app'"

v0.1 Initial Release
    - Backup (System.img and Userdata.img)
    - Restore (System.img and Userdata.img)
    - Remap Buttons (7 different configurations)
    - Install Launcher (Honeycomb and Zeam)
    - Replace Stock PackageInstaller.apk with one from CyanogenMod
    - Remove MotoCRAP (Strip '/system/app')
    - Restart MotoACTV

Future Plans:
    - Market Installer
    - Port scripts to *nix and Mac

Screenshots:
    http://xdaforums.com/album.php?albumid=5789

Download:
    Newer version posted later in thread. Page 55.
    Working on an All-in-One batch file with an easy to use menu to try and make the alleviate some problems people are having so that the IRC can be used more for development progress and creative ideas rather than support.

Features:
    - Backup (system.img and userdata.img)
    - Restore (system.img and userdata.img)
    - Install Launcher (Honeycomb and Zeam)
    - Replace PackageInstaller.apk
    - Remap Buttons (7 configurations)
    - Restart

Attached are a few screenshots. Let me know if there is anything else I should include.