[Q] Syncing bookmarks

Search This thread

polbit

Apr 25, 2009
I've been unsuccessfully trying to sync my Chrome bookmarks with the GT 7+ for the past week. I enabled the sync, tried clearing caches and force closing both bookmark sync and browser, rebooting, etc... Not a single bookmark. Looking under accounts, it shows last sync date as my initial date I tried, and has the in-progress circle that I can't get rid of.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I have a ton of bookmarks and it would be a PITA to have to set them up manually...

Zadeis

Dec 31, 2011
I'm having this same problem and have yet to have found a remedy. Which is unfortunate since it would make things quite easy :(

Nodsreal

Nov 27, 2010
Bangkok
Same problem - -"
1st time i got some folder in my goggle account before force close.
i have tried set default and do it again, but 2nd time unfortunately nothing happen except force close - -"

Any Idea?

suomaf

so i was googling around to find more information about this, apparently this is what we can do http://www.galaxynexusforum.com/forum/galaxy-nexus-help/631-sync-browser-fail.html

There seems to be a data error. If you're getting the exclamation mark do the following.
Untick Browser Sync on your GN and close the browser.
Go to Google Dashboard (google.com/dashboard)
Scroll down to Chrome and 'Stop sync and delete Data'. Fresh the window after a few minutes to make sure it says there is not data/empty.
Go to Chrome and login for sync. Wait a few minutes then go back to Google Dashboard. See if the sync got picked up.
If so, go back to Browser Sync and tick the box. Open op the browser app and there should be a pop up that shows your Gmail account is logging in/syncing and the folders should appear slowly.

honestly I have not got it to work yet, but if you guys figure it out, let me know how

Last edited:

jeffgusa

Jul 18, 2011
Mobile, AL
Syncing on Firefox

I am using the sync with firefox and it is working great. I actually have Waterfox on my laptop so I can run 64-bit, but firefox on my GT 7+ is working great, and pics up all synced bookmarks and even open tabs on my laptop.

Reactions: suomaf

kellyann1293

Apr 28, 2012
Chicago 'burbs
I enabled bookmark syncing yesterday evening; it finally completed about 24hr later. My PC Chrome bookmarks first showed up on the tablet this morning, and just now the tablet's browser bookmarks showed up in my PC Chrome browser.

Reactions: suomaf

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    has anyone figured this out? I bought the tab today and everything has been perfect except the bookmarks refuse to sync
    Syncing on Firefox

I am using the sync with firefox and it is working great. I actually have Waterfox on my laptop so I can run 64-bit, but firefox on my GT 7+ is working great, and pics up all synced bookmarks and even open tabs on my laptop.
    I enabled bookmark syncing yesterday evening; it finally completed about 24hr later. My PC Chrome bookmarks first showed up on the tablet this morning, and just now the tablet's browser bookmarks showed up in my PC Chrome browser.