FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

(BOOTLOADER UNLOCK SOCIAL MEDIA CAMPAIGN) Operation: Mosh

28 posts
Thanks Meter: 17
 
By miffy4, Junior Member on 4th January 2012, 07:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th January 2012, 07:05 PM |#51  
Stuckinabox's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
Hey guys, I got a response from the petition starter and I've made a post over in the Razr thread (that one seems more popular) to get people brainstorming for the mission statement.




Quote:
Originally Posted by iBolski

Don't get your hopes up on this. From what I've read and understood, this is more to do with patents. Moto would still stay as a separate entity. Google won't really control the manufacturing of the hardware. It's really a means of owning some patents.

Sent from my Eclipsed 2.0.3 X2 using Tapatalk.

Yeah I wasn't waiting for Google to step in and save the day, I just thought they were still mucking around with the exchange in the EU courts or something.





Okay, it looks like the Razr thread might not be such a great place for a constructive discussion. Any devs want to pitch on what they feel would be important for the petition summary?
 
 
9th January 2012, 06:20 AM |#52  
ztotherad's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 604
 
More
anyone heard anything else from moto?

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium
9th January 2012, 02:35 PM |#53  
iBolski's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 805
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztotherad

anyone heard anything else from moto?

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium

Since my last, lengthy reply back to Motorola Support, I haven't heard a peep. I guess they realize that at this point, Motorola and myself are at stalemate. Well, not really. I have one more move: I just won't get any more Motorola devices, ever.
9th January 2012, 02:41 PM |#54  
Senior Member
Flag Charlotte NC
Thanks Meter: 77
 
More
You all have lost it. Motorola has kept there word. With its newest razr you can unlock the bootloader. And that's euro version. As moto mention vzw requested there razr lock. So take it up with vzw. And don't get hopes up your old outdated Motorola's will see any unlock solution.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk
9th January 2012, 02:42 PM |#55  
iBolski's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 805
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosc

You all have lost it. Motorola has kept there word. With its newest razr you can unlock the bootloader. And that's euro version. As moto mention vzw requested there razr lock. So take it up with vzw. And don't get hopes up your old outdated Motorola's will see any unlock solution.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

Again, VZW isn't the problem. Ask HTC. They have unlocked their bootloaders for phones on Verizon in the USA. So, it's NOT Verizon.

Maybe, initially VZW has prevented this, but with HTC unlocking their bootloaders, that excuse no longer holds water.

Also, if you don't agree with us, fine. But we feel we have something worth fighting for, especially with HTC unlocking their bootloaders. If HTC didn't do this, I would probably not be fighting it as much.

The only way you can make change happen is, you have to make your voices heard. We're doing it peacefully and with tact. We're not advocating that people go and do something rash to Motorola or Verizon. Instead, we are using the power of the written word and speech to make our voices heard. That's the beauty of America.
9th January 2012, 03:03 PM |#56  
ashclepdia's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag under philadelphia above Delaware, beer heaven
Thanks Meter: 1,546
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosc

You all have lost it. Motorola has kept there word. With its newest razr you can unlock the bootloader. And that's euro version. As moto mention vzw requested there razr lock. So take it up with vzw. And don't get hopes up your old outdated Motorola's will see any unlock solution.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

Take it to another forum buddy
We ain't listening to ya
go enjoy your fully customizable nexus and let US handle our business with moto and VZW

Now if u wanna sign the petition then great and thank you
Just don't sit there and say our efforts are futile because its VZW fault.
We know the blame game spiel and this is going out to both VZW AND moto.
Thanks for ur time
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ashclepdia For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ashclepdia Ad-Free
9th January 2012, 03:28 PM |#57  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 254
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashclepdia

Take it to another forum buddy
We ain't listening to ya
go enjoy your fully customizable nexus and let US handle our business with moto and VZW

Now if u wanna sign the petition then great and thank you
Just don't sit there and say our efforts are futile because its VZW fault.
We know the blame game spiel and this is going out to both VZW AND moto.
Thanks for ur time

With Moto and Verizon's power combined... they always seem to **** things up. Look at the GB rollout for the D2G for instance. They announced it, started taking signups and then withdrew it. A few months later I leaked it and a week later they announced a soak (coincidence? I think they were withholding it and then when I leaked it they were like well **** now we have to) Then when they DID release it, it had an exchange server bug and they had to roll another release out a month later... Not to mention all their other horrific updates they've rolled out across other device. Lastly, I wish I could release a product with an OS over a year old, update it to current and then call it EOL stating it got it's update when its not even 6 months after it was released as moto has done.
The Following User Says Thank You to aceoyame For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aceoyame Ad-Free
9th January 2012, 03:34 PM |#58  
ashclepdia's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag under philadelphia above Delaware, beer heaven
Thanks Meter: 1,546
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceoyame

With Moto and Verizon's power combined... they always seem to **** things up. Look at the GB rollout for the D2G for instance. They announced it, started taking signups and then withdrew it. A few months later I leaked it and a week later they announced a soak (coincidence? I think they were withholding it and then when I leaked it they were like well **** now we have to) Then when they DID release it, it had an exchange server bug and they had to roll another release out a month later... Not to mention all their other horrific updates they've rolled out across other device. Lastly, I wish I could release a product with an OS over a year old, update it to current and then call it EOL stating it got it's update when its not even 6 months after it was released as moto has done.

similar happened here with 2.3.4
But soak was announced b4 leak.
Then it was discovered the.build dates on the leak sbf were two months before the soak
That means VZW held it for two months before letting moto soak.
Which also means they HAD to know bout the battery jumping glitch (moto and VZW) and just never did anything about it.
They don't like us
They need to unlock us and let our devs handle our updates
The Following User Says Thank You to ashclepdia For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ashclepdia Ad-Free
9th January 2012, 04:09 PM |#59  
Senior Member
Flag A hole in the ground with a comfy couch
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
I did my part and signed. I hope we get some resolution
The Following User Says Thank You to in99flames For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift in99flames Ad-Free
9th January 2012, 07:48 PM |#60  
litetaker's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 588
 
More
I signed it too. Hope this leads to something good.
9th January 2012, 09:50 PM |#61  
CadenH's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 82
 
More
If someone could remind me, what was Verizon's reason for keeping bootloaders locked? Anyone ever hear back from Verizon?

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes