3,581 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,644

By TheManii, Wiki Admin / Recognized Contributor on 6th January 2012, 10:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th January 2012, 03:35 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 94

Donate to Me
More
Someone please give my root a try and confirm if it works.

I used SuperOneClick 2.3.3. When it hangs on step 7 unplug usb and close out. Reboot into clockwork and flash superuser zip.

I don't know why it worked but it did
Attached Files
File Type: zip Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip - [Click for QR Code] (625.2 KB, 217 views)

9th January 2012, 05:12 PM |#22  
Forum Moderator
Flag Northern California
Thanks Meter: 4,505

More
how would i go about making a zip for CWM. i dont want to have to switch back to stock recovery to update. :/
9th January 2012, 06:29 PM |#23  
Flag Heredia
Thanks Meter: 1,046

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by synisterwolf

how would i go about making a zip for CWM. i dont want to have to switch back to stock recovery to update. :/

If you are not willing to flash the stock update then it's not worth doing as any improvements or modifications would probably only be seen by flashing the update.pkg which is the preferred method for installing any stock ROM, as suggested by TheManii; and I for one haven't known him yet to steer me wrong. I am sure he will zip up an update for us, but within the same thread he will more than likely advise us that it is better to flash stock recovery and update that.

I for one don't understand your hesitation. Flashing the stock recovery takes about 10 seconds, and once it boots, flashing CWM takes another 10 seconds, so what is the bid deal?
9th January 2012, 06:43 PM |#24  
Flag Crailsheim
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by synisterwolf

take a look @ here http://mirror2.streakdroid.com/manii/Streak7/ ... the subfolders contain update zip's... just flashed one myself...worked flawless...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to P0MM3S For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift P0MM3S Ad-Free
10th January 2012, 07:10 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Lightbulb
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilemedic

Wanted to report a positive bug fixed with 514 vs 512 that came with my device. When docked in my video dock, the streak will ask to disable the speakers ok or cancel. with 512 no matter what was said it disabled. With 514 it works :)

Now I can dock at my desk and watch Netflix :)

Have not found any bugs yet....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManii

I believe 514 was a specific hotfix related to the dock, at least that's what I hear

Correct on both parts.

For what it's worth- here's a little more background on this Rom (short version).. I had a bit of leverage because of support making some very,very bad recommendations with other DS7 issues- I have a DS7,Dock, Stock HC, audio issues while docked and kept hammering corporate because of my issues with overall support.

Part of my (still on-going) communications resulted me getting them to guarantee the issue audio would be fixed on this discontinued device, by way of Dell coming up with a "patch" for it. As a result to make good on their fouled up customer service situation, it was completed and the original link was sent to me directly upon the "fix" initially being placed on Dell's servers. I notified DJ_Steve, Android Central & Streaksmart with the link I was directly provided. During my initial conversations with Dell cs managers, it wasn't outwardly stated that the issue would be "highly" publicized by Dell- however it was made clear that this would be made available for others which had their dock "as advertised" functionality "broken" as a result of the original HC update. So, not necessarily a "leak" or "unofficial" release. Just thought I'd share some insight on this update.

Anyhow, for those that DON'T want to flash this and would like the audio on the DS7 speakers to work while docked...Yep, there are a couple of workarounds where you can actually keep the audio working while docked! You can find the workarounds and more details here: http://www.tabletroms.com/forums/streak-7-accessories/3622-s7-docking-station-works-but-minor-audio-issue-after-stock-honeycomb-update.html
10th January 2012, 08:56 PM |#26  
Flag Holly
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by P0MM3S

take a look @ here ??? ... the subfolders contain update zip's... just flashed one myself...worked flawless...

I think I will try using the update.zip myself... question for you. Was this a full wipe? Or can I get by just doing a cache and Dalvik wipe before the flash?

Also, mine is rooted. Was the root kept or do I need to re-root it using the superuser7.zip via CWM?

Thanks.
10th January 2012, 11:12 PM |#27  
Flag Crailsheim
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvcduty

I think I will try using the update.zip myself... question for you. Was this a full wipe? Or can I get by just doing a cache and Dalvik wipe before the flash?

Also, mine is rooted. Was the root kept or do I need to re-root it using the superuser7.zip via CWM?

Thanks.

Just wiped cache and dalvik, no problems here! And yes, you have to re-root your streak the usual way!

Sent from my Desire using xda premium
11th January 2012, 01:18 PM |#28  
Flag Holly

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by P0MM3S

Just wiped cache and dalvik, no problems here! And yes, you have to re-root your streak the usual way!

Sent from my Desire using xda premium

Cool! Thanks.
11th January 2012, 03:28 PM |#29  
Flag Holly

More
New Rom
I just did the update using the update.zip via CWM. I let it reboot, got back into CWM to flash the Superuser7.zip.
Everything looks great!
I have not used it for long but it already seems smoother.
And my root is working fine too.

I could not clear my cache since the version of the CWM that I have does not have that option. For the Dalvik cache, I am not sure if it's working properly as when I go and choose the advanced option to clear the Dalvik cache, the system just reboots. I hope this is ok. If I run into issues, I suppose I will need to update the CWM and try it again.

Thanks for your help.
13th January 2012, 04:43 AM |#30  
Flag Gladstone
Thanks Meter: 35

More
anybody has 513 recovery.img
Hi All,
I'm trying to update to 514 stock rom, but I cant seem to pass flashing the stock recovery. I am on stock 513 and I cant find a recovery image on the DS7 wiki.

I tried flashing recovery 514.img but it fails, tried 507.img fails too.. I can successfully flash S7_3.2-5.0.2.7 which I am on now and rooted. So I'm thinking I need the recovery image for 513 so I can flash the 514 package.

Anybody? Thanks?
13th January 2012, 05:02 AM |#31  
Flag Heredia
Thanks Meter: 1,046

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramtix

Hi All,
I'm trying to update to 514 stock rom, but I cant seem to pass flashing the stock recovery. I am on stock 513 and I cant find a recovery image on the DS7 wiki.

I tried flashing recovery 514.img but it fails, tried 507.img fails too.. I can successfully flash S7_3.2-5.0.2.7 which I am on now and rooted. So I'm thinking I need the recovery image for 513 so I can flash the 514 package.

Anybody? Thanks?

I used the 506 recovery and it flashed just fine
The Following User Says Thank You to cdzo72 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cdzo72 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)