[ROM][UCLA3]Buoyancy v1.4.0||Rogers/AT&T||[3/7/12]

Search This thread

jomeister15

Mar 17, 2011
First things first, this is a work-in-progress guys. I know there are multiple things that need to be modified, improved, added, or fixed, and I'm hard at work trying to get to all of them.

Buoyancy is based off the latest UCLA3 update, which seems to be performing faster than the previous firmware in terms of both data and regular speed.

20111231001537.png
20120117220351.png
20120117220448.png
20120117220308.png

FEATURES
  • Rooted, Zipaligned, Deodexed
  • No Carrier CIQ (See Screenshots)
  • CWM 5.x.whatever.reallywhydotheyneedfourdigits
  • 14-Toggle Mod
  • No God-Awful Roger's Shutdown Animation
  • Custom Bootanimation
  • Bloatware Free
  • Romracer's Stock-ish Kernel 0.3
  • USB-OTG
  • ICS Animations
  • Roboto Font
  • build.prop tweaks
  • Crysis Battery + Charging Animation
  • Themed
  • Unthemed
  • Extended Power Menu
  • Settings To Choose Between LTE/HSPA
  • ICS Launcher
  • BLN
  • UCLA3 Modem (Feel free to change)
  • Bravia Engine
  • CRT Off Animation (Thanks To M0D1441)
  • AOSP Launcher
  • Visualization+Magic Smoke Live Wallpapers
  • Perfect Keyboard
  • Xperia Arc Launcher
  • No Capped Upload Speeds
  • Wake On Volume Buttons :cool:
  • Ability To Download .zip, .mp3, .apk, .rar, .exe, etc..,
  • Working Hulu
  • HW Accelerated Browser

Added Apps
  • Quickoffice
  • Miui Music
  • CPU Spy
  • Titanium Backup
  • Superuser (duh)
  • FauxClock (Use This For OC)
  • Download All Files
  • Hulu
  • BLN Control
  • Spare Parts
  • Memo

Known Issues/Things To Be Added
  • Hacked Camera
  • XLoud
  • Better Sounds
  • Custom Wallpapers!
  • Battery Life
  • BLN For Text Messaging
  • 5 Bars Of Signal Strength Displays Oddly

Changelog
Code:
1.4.0 (Back In Business):
[LIST=1]
[*][B]UCLA3[/B]
[*]Removed FauxClock's App
[*]Stock-ish Kernel 0.3 (Feel free to change)
[*]UCLA3 Modem
[/LIST]

1.3.1 (Last Stable For Awhile):
[LIST]
[*][B]More AOSP'y BuoyAOSPsy[/B]
[*]Display Dithering
[*]Greater Wifi Scan Interval (Saves Battery)
[*][B]Browser HW Acceleration[/B]
[*]Back To Blue Overscroll
[*]Removed Crap Files From 1.3.0
[*]SIP Over HSPA/LTE
[*][B]Transparent Notification Pulldown (BuoyAOSPsy)[/B]
[/LIST]

1.3.0 (BuoyAOSPsy Has Arrived!):
[LIST]
[*][B]Rebuilt Framework From Scratch...[/B]
[*][B]No More Weird USB Errors[/B]
[*]Added Memo.apk
[*][B]Added BuoyAOSPsy[/B] (same changelog, unthemed)
[*][B]Faux's Kernel 0.0.9u[/B]
[*]Removed Perfect Keyboard (tired of it)
[*]New Clock Package (should fix timing issues)
[*]AOSP LTE+HSPA Icons
[*]Better Battery Life
[*]Stable
[/LIST]

1.2.1 (1.2.0 Bugfixes):
[LIST]
[*]KJ2 Radio
[*]Extensive Ad-Blocking
[*]Think I Fixed Roger's APN Issues (Need Confirmation From A Canadian)
[*]Some Minor Bugfixes From 1.2.0
[/LIST]

1.2.0 (A Big One):
[LIST]
[*]Completely Redesigned Framework
[*]Transparent Lockscreen
[*]Fixed Issues With MMS Settings
[*]Added Spare Parts
[*]Extended Power Menu
[*]Re-Themed
[*]ICS Launcher
[*]Swype!
[*]Network Selecting
[*]More Init Scripts
[*]Hacked Email.apk
[*]Changed "Favourites" To "Favorites" In Contacts
[*]Hacked MMS.apk
[*]Back To Stock AT&T LTE Icons
[*]KK1 Modem
[*]Added More Locales
[/LIST]

1.1.3:
[LIST]
[*][B]+[/B]Fixed BLN For Text Messages (aosp mms.apk)
[*][B]+[/B]Fixed Some Hardware Button Issues (lack of responsiveness)
[/LIST]

1.1.2: 
[LIST]
[*][B]+[/B]Working Hulu Tweak
[*][B]+[/B]Included BLN App (BLN disabled by default)
[*][B]-[/B]Some Crap Files I Forgot To Delete in 1.1.1
[/LIST]

1.1.1:
[LIST]
[*][B]+[/B]Faux's Kernel
[*][B]+[/B]Volume Buttons Turn On Screen
[*][B]+[/B]Ability To Download ALL THE FILES!... Ok, I'll stop
[*][B]-[/B]Stock-ish Kernel
[*][B]+[/B]OC w/FauxClock App To 1.73ghz
[/LIST]

1.1.0: 
[LIST]
[*][B]+[/B]0.1 Stockish Kernel
[*][B]+[/B]Updater-Script Changes
[*][B]-[/B]Da_g's Kernel (SOD)
[*][B]-[/B]Roger's Version (One Version For Both)
[/LIST]

1.0.0:
[LIST]
[*][B]+[/B]AOSP Launcher
[*][B]+[/B]Magic Smoke&Visulization Live Wallpapers
[*][B]+[/B]Quickoffice
[*][B]+[/B]Perfect Keyboard
[*][B]+[/B]Xperia Arc Launcher
[*][B]-[/B]ICS launcher (broken)
[*][B]+[/B]CPU Spy
[*][B]+[/B]Miui Music Player
[/LIST]

1.0b2:
[LIST]
[*][B]+[/B]CRT Off Animation
[*][B]+[/B]Bravia Engine
[/LIST]

1.0b1: First release, no changelog.
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS (It's in red because it's important) I'm assuming that your phone is rooted and you have a working version of CWM already on your phone. If you need help doing that, look here.
  1. Download Either AT&T Version (For AT&T Phones) Or Roger's Version (For Roger's Phones)
  2. Place the .zip file on your phone
  3. Re-boot into recovery (Hold down Power-Button+Both Volume Buttons until the word samsung appears on your screen)
  4. Navigate to install zip from sdcard, if it's not there try install zip from internal sdcard
  5. Find and activate the Buoyancy.zip file
  6. ???
  7. Profit

How The Release System Will Work

As of right now I've decided to go with the 3 digit release system. This is how it will work. The first digit of the release, e.g. the 1 in buoyancy 1.0.0, represents the overall version of Buoyancy. Any changes made to this will be very major. The second digit represents the stable build number of that version. Any changes made to this will be made carefully, but will probably not be earth-shattering. Finally, the third digit is for builds that may be unstable but have new features I may add to the next stable release. I'll try to update the third digit every 3-4 days. The other digits will be updated when I feel the stability of the rom has increased.

Theming

Want to theme Buoyancy? Go here to edit the ROM options to your liking. Remember, if you create a super-awesome theme, be sure to send it my way so I can post it and take all the cred-- I mean let the community use it.

Porting

The following is my current progress on porting the Buoyancy to this Potato. I'm expecting great success; I'm fairly certain Potatoes float.
potato.jpg

Code:
Variants: Mashed, Sweet, Russet, Mr. Potato Head.

Radio: If you stick some antennas into it that might work.

Power Source: Self-Sustainable

Storage: 2 bits: One peel, one inside.

Multitouch: Two fingers needed for proper peeling.

Drivers: As far as I know, potatoes make terrible drivers. Mostly due to the lack of current arm/hand/finger hierarchy support.

GPU: General Potato Unit. Capable of recreating images of Jesus on the skin.
Some Comments/Disclaimers/FAQ's/Important Things (Please Read)

Personal Thoughts: This is only my second rom I've published (the first on the cappy), but I must say that I'm pretty happy with the way it's turning out.

AT&T vs. Rogers: For 1.1.0+ I have decided to merge the two builds into one. If anyone on Roger's experiences problems with the new builds, please let me know.

Bravia Engine: While I did include the Bravia Engine port into this mod, it's difficult to test whether or not it is actually there besides just subjective screen observation. However, you need to trust me on this, it does help with video playback and picture quality.

Extended Power Menu: Added.

Swype: Woot, woot, working Swype!.

SOD: Not an issue! Plus, OC has returned!

Throttling: If you do end up getting throttled, I have confirmed that this method does in fact work with both versions of Buoyancy.

GPS Fix: I Would include the GPS fix, but it always seems to tell me I'm in Nevada. This would be okay if I was a resident of the Silver State, but unfortunately I'm not.

Kernels: As of right now I feel that Faux's kernel provides a good balance of speed and stability, and I'll probably be sticking to it for builds in the near future. However, if Da_g does in fact come out with an update to fix the SOD, then I'll return back to his, simply because it is wicked-fast.

OMG VIRUS WHEN DOWNLOAD HAXXXXXXX: Not to worry, I'm not actually trying to give you a trojan, I promise. The same notification people have been having when they attempt to download Buoyancy has happened to a lot of friends of mine when they try to download rooty things like SuperOneClick or a ROM. My best guess is that it has to do with Superuser privileges+an overactive anti-virus system. If you want to read more, go here

Yahoo Finance Force Closings: If you perform the "fix permissions" option in cwm this issue should resolve.

BLN For MMS: Alright, alright, I know that BLN is not currently working with the stock MMS.apk right now, but the problem is, the MMS.apk that BLN does work for FC's upon entering its settings. So please be patient while I try to work out one of these kinks.

Announcements (Also In Red Because It's Important)
  • Currently testing PDroid.
  • May try the new ICS Camera.apk that's been floating around recently.
  • Still working on that BLN Text Messaging
  • Current ICS Launcher is a Lil' Glitchy. You have been warned.
  • Yes, I'm sorry, 1.3.1 is a full-wipe version. But I have my reasons. For one, this is going to be the last build of Buoyancy for a little while since I'm going to try and focus my attention on ICS. The other is that I kept getting bootloops with a non-wipe version, which angered me into submission.
  • Updating to UCLA base in 1.4.0.

People I Need To Thank
  • M0D1441 (AOSP Icons, Just an all around great guy)
  • playin4sheezy (Bonestock Base)
  • Cezar, from the cappy community (Helping me get into developing)
  • dsixda (Amazing Android Kitchen)
  • faux123(Kernel)
  • seanzscreams (Hacked MMS)
  • PirateGhost (Extended Power Menu)
  • And Probably Many, Many More

Previous Releases (Only Keeping The Last 4)
Code:
1.3.1: [URL="URL=http://dev-host.org/Mv8"]BuoyAOSPsy[/URL] [URL="URL=http://dev-host.org/ZOM"]Buoyancy[/URL]

1.3.0: [URL="http://dev-host.org/mau9010cbyf4/BuoyAOSPsy_1.3.0.zip"]BuoyAOSPsy[/URL] [URL="http://dev-host.org/lnm00v8qn832/Buoyancy_1.3.0.zip"]Buoyancy[/URL]

1.2.1: [URL="http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55197811/Buoyancy_1.2.1.zip"]Here[/URL]

1.2.0: [URL="URL=http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55197811/Buoyancy_1.2.0.zip"]Here[/URL]
Please note that you are flashing this at your own risk, and I am in no way responsible for bricked phones, bricked cats, bricked bricks, or anything in between that may result from the flashing of this rom. Please be careful, but do enjoy.

ETA Of 1.4.1: TBA

BuoyAOSPsy Current Release (1.4.0): Here

BuoyAOSPsy Torrent From r4ins: Coming Soon!

Buoyancy Current Release (1.4.0): Here

Buoyancy Torrent From r4ins: Coming Soon!

Last edited:

kornklown69

Jan 21, 2011
Springfield, Missouri
First things first, this is a beta guys. I know there are multiple things that need to be modified, improved, added, or fixed, and I'm hard at work trying to get to all of them.

Buoyancy is based off Bonestocketeer, created by playin4sheezy. Major thanks to him and all his hard work. Note:This ROM will wipe your data automatically, so no need to do it through cwm. However, it won't hurt if you do. Future non-major releases of Buoyancy will be updates and not require a data wipe.

20111231002954.png
20111231002933.png
20111231001537.png

FEATURES
  • CWM 3.x.whatever
  • 14-Toggle Mod
  • Custom Bootanimation
  • Bloatware Free
  • Da_g's Kernel v0.43pre2 (Hopefully No Sod)
  • Rogers/AT&T Versions
  • Overclocked to 1.83ghz (Scripts Attached)
  • ICS Animations
  • Roboto Font
  • build.prop tweaks
  • Overall Stocky Look
  • BLN
  • KJ7 Radio For Rogers, KJ2 For AT&T

Things To Be Added/Fixed
  • Hacked Camera
  • Extended Power Menu
  • CRT Off Animation
  • Mo' Theming (Mo' Problems)
  • Bravia Engine... (Things to be said about this)
  • Better Sounds
  • Custom Wallpapers!
  • Battery Life
  • Roger's Settings
  • Different Launcher? I'm actually kind of liking TouchWiz...

Changelog

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS (It's in red because it's important) I'm assuming that your phone is rooted and you have a working version of CWM already on your phone. If you need help doing that, look here.
  1. Download Either AT&T Version (For AT&T Phones) Or Roger's Version (For Roger's Phones)
  3. Re-boot into recovery (Hold down Power-Button+Both Volume Buttons until the word samsung appears on your screen)
  4. Navigate to install zip from sdcard, if it's not there try install zip from internal sdcard
  6. ???
  7. Profit

Some Comments/Disclaimers

Personal Thoughts: This is my second rom I've created (the first on the cappy), and I've only actually had the Skyrocket for about two weeks, but I must say that I'm pretty happy with the way this first build turned out.

AT&T vs. Rogers: The only real differences between the two builds is the kernel and the radio... I'm fairly sure the AT&T version can run on Roger's and vice versa.

CRT Animation: There is a CRT Animation Mod out there in the forums right now, but for some reason it does not play well with the BoneStock base. If anyone could isolate the files in the framework-res.apk that are modified so I wouldn't have to tear through every inch of it, I'd be much obliged.

Extended Power Menu: I thought about adding this, but I figured with the 14-toggle mod, it wasn't really needed. As a side-note, with the 14-toggle mod, if you hit reboot it will give you options to reboot into recovery and download as well.

Please note that you are flashing this at your own risk, and I am in no way responsible for bricked phones, bricked cats, bricked bricks, or anything in between that may result from the flashing of this rom. This is a beta. Please be careful, but do enjoy.

AT&T Download Here

Rogers Download Here

loves me some new flashing kandy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

M0D1441

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2011
ATX
Dear OP - Here is the Stock BoneSTOCKeteer framework-res.apk with nothing modified to it besides an XML to activate CRT off. I plan to use this for when i switch to the BoneSTOCK base for my ROM. Hope it is some use to you.

Attachments

• framework-res.apk
    5.1 MB · Views: 48
Last edited:

jomeister15

Mar 17, 2011
Dear OP - Here is the Stock BoneSTOCKeteer framework-res.apk with nothing modified to it besides an XML to activate CRT off. I plan to use this for when i switch to the BoneSTOCK base for my ROM. Hope it is some use to you.

Ah thank god, I've been tearing through the framework-res.apk for the past 2 hours or so trying to find the modified file. You sir, are a great person, and I'll be sure to credit you when Buoyancy 1.0b2 rolls around.

M0D1441

Oct 28, 2011
ATX
NP :p, for future reference, the file you need to modify is (must decompile first, apktool) res/values/bools.xml and with notepad++ find "animatescreenlights" and change true to false than save and close and compile, glad to know i helped

Longcat14

Feb 13, 2011
Dallas
NP :p, for future reference, the file you need to modify is (must decompile first, apktool) res/values/bools.xml and with notepad++ find "animatescreenlights" and change true to false than save and close and compile, glad to know i helped

Lol, you just helped me, now I know how I can mess with the framework-res.apk and not bork my phone like I did last time!

dnlgorz

Feb 20, 2011
Lafayette, IN
Some Ideas for this ROM.

First things first, this is a beta guys. I know there are multiple things that need to be modified, improved, added, or fixed, and I'm hard at work trying to get to all of them.

Buoyancy is based off Bonestocketeer, created by playin4sheezy. Major thanks to him and all his hard work. Note:This ROM will wipe your data automatically, so no need to do it through cwm. However, it won't hurt if you do. Future non-major releases of Buoyancy will be updates and not require a data wipe.

20111231002954.png
20111231002933.png
20111231001537.png

FEATURES
  • CWM 3.x.whatever
  • 14-Toggle Mod
  • Custom Bootanimation
  • Bloatware Free
  • Da_g's Kernel v0.43pre2 (Hopefully No Sod)
  • Rogers/AT&T Versions
  • Overclocked to 1.83ghz (Scripts Attached)
  • ICS Animations
  • Roboto Font
  • build.prop tweaks
  • Overall Stocky Look
  • BLN
  • KJ7 Radio For Rogers, KJ2 For AT&T

Things To Be Added/Fixed
  • Hacked Camera
  • Extended Power Menu
  • CRT Off Animation
  • Mo' Theming (Mo' Problems)
  • Bravia Engine... (Things to be said about this)
  • Better Sounds
  • Custom Wallpapers!
  • Battery Life
  • Roger's Settings
  • Different Launcher? I'm actually kind of liking TouchWiz...

Changelog

6. ???
  7. Profit

Some Comments/Disclaimers

Personal Thoughts: This is my second rom I've created (the first on the cappy), and I've only actually had the Skyrocket for about two weeks, but I must say that I'm pretty happy with the way this first build turned out.

AT&T vs. Rogers: The only real differences between the two builds is the kernel and the radio... I'm fairly sure the AT&T version can run on Roger's and vice versa.

CRT Animation: There is a CRT Animation Mod out there in the forums right now, but for some reason it does not play well with the BoneStock base. If anyone could isolate the files in the framework-res.apk that are modified so I wouldn't have to tear through every inch of it, I'd be much obliged.

Extended Power Menu: I thought about adding this, but I figured with the 14-toggle mod, it wasn't really needed. As a side-note, with the 14-toggle mod, if you hit reboot it will give you options to reboot into recovery and download as well.

Please note that you are flashing this at your own risk, and I am in no way responsible for bricked phones, bricked cats, bricked bricks, or anything in between that may result from the flashing of this rom. This is a beta. Please be careful, but do enjoy.

AT&T Download Here

Rogers Download Here

When it comes to the Launcher, I like HTC Sense, when it comes to Touch wiz, I don't like the Dock. I like the app drawer in the middle...I love Google's stock.

Reactions: dragon1313

M0D1441

Oct 28, 2011
ATX
There's launcher2.apk for you from my CM7 source (stock GB launcher). It has speed tweaks to make the app drawer open quicker. push to system/app with root explorer, than make permissions match other apks, oh and OP feel free to use this in your ROM

Attachments

• Launcher2.apk
    6.6 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Reactions: jomeister15

jomeister15

Mar 17, 2011
There's launcher2.apk for you from my CM7 source (stock GB launcher). It has speed tweaks to make the app drawer open quicker. push to system/app with root explorer, than make permissions match other apks, oh and OP feel free to use this in your ROM

To be included in 1.0b3, although maybe minus the speed tweak :D.

Last edited:
Reactions: ioN_ and M0D1441

ConfusingCurve

Dec 9, 2010
Corpus Christi
Great ROM! I like the battery icon very much. And the launcher, but over all a great ROM. But i did see one weird thing, and I think you just forgot but the build.prop still says 1.0.0 when it's 1.1.0 xD I just installed and very nice! Just gotta test battery life. But I love it.

The absolute one thing that could make this ROM the best would be a nice theme, and as I read your working on that as we speak. It's just amazing what you dev's can come up with. So, from me and everyone else using dev ROM's, Thanks.

Also, a special thanks to M0D1441, he has helped me personally a lot and he really is a great guy. So hit that Thanks button for both of them! And check out M0D's ROM too, great also. I just prefer a more theme'd look and anti-stock as possible, but I love M0D's black/trans drop down bar.

Two great dev's. That's all I have to say for now. Just keep doing what your doing :)

P.S. If anyone needs a tester, I'm here. It's the least I can do for all the hard work you guys put into these ROM's.

jomeister15

Mar 17, 2011
But i did see one weird thing, and I think you just forgot but the build.prop still says 1.0.0 when it's 1.1.0 xD I just installed and very nice! Just gotta test battery life. But I love it.

Yeah, this was my bad, I was pretty tired when I finally finished building 1.1.0, and I figured that 1.1.1 would be arriving shortly (which it is), so I just left it as is. Thanks for the great reply though, it was very nice.

latinohot

cool looking boot screen, so booting as I type, will report back later after a day or so
after just a few minutes, I find I neede to insall MoreLocale2, so I could get English U.S
after first boot it was a little choppy, but it seems is getting faster and faster
So, for now seems solid and stable for day to day usage

Last edited:

jomeister15

Mar 17, 2011
I have a question I'd like to pose... What do you guys think of the addition of Apps2SD in the next build? Good idea, bad idea, and maybe some reasons why. I could really use some feedback on this one.

jakem90

Apr 19, 2011
First off nice theme I've been trying a few out seeing which one will help my battery as I've had some issues, since this is a Rogers theme hopefully it will help me out. One thing I've noticed and I don't know if you did this on purpose but on my lockscreen my battery is all random letters. Doesn't really bother me but just throwing it out there. Looking forward to your update, I'd really like to see the 14 notification toggle and volume keys to wake and I also like the battery ;)

Sent from my Rogers Samsung i727r!

Last edited:

jakem90

Apr 19, 2011

Any way to edit the stock apps on the homescreen (phone and Web) I would prefer messaging.

jomeister15

Mar 17, 2011
First off nice theme I've been trying a few out seeing which one will help my battery as I've had some issues, since this is a Rogers theme hopefully it will help me out. One thing I've noticed and I don't know if you did this on purpose but on my lockscreen my battery is all random letters. Doesn't really bother me but just throwing it out there. Looking forward to your update, I'd really like to see the 14 notification toggle and volume keys to wake and I also like the battery ;)

Hmmm... I'm not sure if these things are a Roger's issue because I have 14-toggle mod working fine on my AT&T variant. However, a new version will be out today that includes Faux's new kernel, so perhaps that will fix some of the issues.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First things first, this is a work-in-progress guys. I know there are multiple things that need to be modified, improved, added, or fixed, and I'm hard at work trying to get to all of them.

Buoyancy is based off the latest UCLA3 update, which seems to be performing faster than the previous firmware in terms of both data and regular speed.

20111231001537.png
    20120117220351.png
    20120117220448.png
    20120117220308.png

FEATURES
    • CWM 5.x.whatever.reallywhydotheyneedfourdigits
    • 14-Toggle Mod
    • Custom Bootanimation
    • Bloatware Free
    • Romracer's Stock-ish Kernel 0.3
    • USB-OTG
    • ICS Animations
    • Roboto Font
    • build.prop tweaks
    • Themed
    • Unthemed
    • Extended Power Menu
    • Settings To Choose Between LTE/HSPA
    • ICS Launcher
    • BLN
    • UCLA3 Modem (Feel free to change)
    • Bravia Engine
    • CRT Off Animation (Thanks To M0D1441)
    • AOSP Launcher
    • Visualization+Magic Smoke Live Wallpapers
    • Perfect Keyboard
    • Xperia Arc Launcher
    • No Capped Upload Speeds
    • Wake On Volume Buttons :cool:
    • Ability To Download .zip, .mp3, .apk, .rar, .exe, etc..,
    • Working Hulu
    • HW Accelerated Browser

Added Apps
    • Quickoffice
    • Miui Music
    • CPU Spy
    • Titanium Backup
    • Superuser (duh)
    • FauxClock (Use This For OC)
    • Download All Files
    • Hulu
    • BLN Control
    • Spare Parts
    • Memo

Known Issues/Things To Be Added
    • Hacked Camera
    • XLoud
    • Better Sounds
    • Custom Wallpapers!
    • Battery Life
    • BLN For Text Messaging
    • 5 Bars Of Signal Strength Displays Oddly

Changelog
    Code:
    1.4.0 (Back In Business):
    [LIST=1]
    [*][B]UCLA3[/B]
    [*]Removed FauxClock's App
    [*]Stock-ish Kernel 0.3 (Feel free to change)
    [*]UCLA3 Modem
    [/LIST]

1.3.1 (Last Stable For Awhile):
    [LIST]
    [*][B]More AOSP'y BuoyAOSPsy[/B]
    [*]Display Dithering
    [*]Greater Wifi Scan Interval (Saves Battery)
    [*][B]Browser HW Acceleration[/B]
    [*]Back To Blue Overscroll
    [*]Removed Crap Files From 1.3.0
    [*]SIP Over HSPA/LTE
    [*][B]Transparent Notification Pulldown (BuoyAOSPsy)[/B]
    [/LIST]

1.3.0 (BuoyAOSPsy Has Arrived!):
    [LIST]
    [*][B]Rebuilt Framework From Scratch...[/B]
    [*][B]No More Weird USB Errors[/B]
    [*]Added Memo.apk
    [*][B]Added BuoyAOSPsy[/B] (same changelog, unthemed)
    [*][B]Faux's Kernel 0.0.9u[/B]
    [*]Removed Perfect Keyboard (tired of it)
    [*]New Clock Package (should fix timing issues)
    [*]AOSP LTE+HSPA Icons
    [*]Better Battery Life
    [*]Stable
    [/LIST]

1.2.1 (1.2.0 Bugfixes):
    [LIST]
    [*]KJ2 Radio
    [*]Extensive Ad-Blocking
    [*]Think I Fixed Roger's APN Issues (Need Confirmation From A Canadian)
    [*]Some Minor Bugfixes From 1.2.0
    [/LIST]

1.2.0 (A Big One):
    [LIST]
    [*]Completely Redesigned Framework
    [*]Transparent Lockscreen
    [*]Fixed Issues With MMS Settings
    [*]Added Spare Parts
    [*]Extended Power Menu
    [*]Re-Themed
    [*]ICS Launcher
    [*]Swype!
    [*]Network Selecting
    [*]More Init Scripts
    [*]Hacked Email.apk
    [*]Changed "Favourites" To "Favorites" In Contacts
    [*]Hacked MMS.apk
    [*]Back To Stock AT&T LTE Icons
    [*]KK1 Modem
    [*]Added More Locales
    [/LIST]

1.1.3:
    [LIST]
    [*][B]+[/B]Fixed BLN For Text Messages (aosp mms.apk)
    [*][B]+[/B]Fixed Some Hardware Button Issues (lack of responsiveness)
    [/LIST]

1.1.2: 
    [LIST]
    [*][B]+[/B]Working Hulu Tweak
    [*][B]+[/B]Included BLN App (BLN disabled by default)
    [*][B]-[/B]Some Crap Files I Forgot To Delete in 1.1.1
    [/LIST]

1.1.1:
    [LIST]
    [*][B]+[/B]Faux's Kernel
    [*][B]+[/B]Volume Buttons Turn On Screen
    [*][B]+[/B]Ability To Download ALL THE FILES!... Ok, I'll stop
    [*][B]-[/B]Stock-ish Kernel
    [*][B]+[/B]OC w/FauxClock App To 1.73ghz
    [/LIST]

1.1.0: 
    [LIST]
    [*][B]+[/B]0.1 Stockish Kernel
    [*][B]+[/B]Updater-Script Changes
    [*][B]-[/B]Da_g's Kernel (SOD)
    [*][B]-[/B]Roger's Version (One Version For Both)
    [/LIST]

1.0.0:
    [LIST]
    [*][B]+[/B]AOSP Launcher
    [*][B]+[/B]Magic Smoke&Visulization Live Wallpapers
    [*][B]+[/B]Quickoffice
    [*][B]+[/B]Perfect Keyboard
    [*][B]+[/B]Xperia Arc Launcher
    [*][B]-[/B]ICS launcher (broken)
    [*][B]+[/B]CPU Spy
    [*][B]+[/B]Miui Music Player
    [/LIST]

1.0b2:
    [LIST]
    [*][B]+[/B]CRT Off Animation
    [*][B]+[/B]Bravia Engine
    [/LIST]

6. ???
    7. Profit

How The Release System Will Work

As of right now I've decided to go with the 3 digit release system. This is how it will work. The first digit of the release, e.g. the 1 in buoyancy 1.0.0, represents the overall version of Buoyancy. Any changes made to this will be very major. The second digit represents the stable build number of that version. Any changes made to this will be made carefully, but will probably not be earth-shattering. Finally, the third digit is for builds that may be unstable but have new features I may add to the next stable release. I'll try to update the third digit every 3-4 days. The other digits will be updated when I feel the stability of the rom has increased.

Theming

Want to theme Buoyancy? Go here to edit the ROM options to your liking. Remember, if you create a super-awesome theme, be sure to send it my way so I can post it and take all the cred-- I mean let the community use it.

Porting

The following is my current progress on porting the Buoyancy to this Potato. I'm expecting great success; I'm fairly certain Potatoes float.
    potato.jpg

Code:
    Variants: Mashed, Sweet, Russet, Mr. Potato Head.

Radio: If you stick some antennas into it that might work.

Power Source: Self-Sustainable

Storage: 2 bits: One peel, one inside.

Multitouch: Two fingers needed for proper peeling.

Drivers: As far as I know, potatoes make terrible drivers. Mostly due to the lack of current arm/hand/finger hierarchy support.

GPU: General Potato Unit. Capable of recreating images of Jesus on the skin.
    Some Comments/Disclaimers/FAQ's/Important Things (Please Read)

Personal Thoughts: This is only my second rom I've published (the first on the cappy), but I must say that I'm pretty happy with the way it's turning out.

AT&T vs. Rogers: For 1.1.0+ I have decided to merge the two builds into one. If anyone on Roger's experiences problems with the new builds, please let me know.

Bravia Engine: While I did include the Bravia Engine port into this mod, it's difficult to test whether or not it is actually there besides just subjective screen observation. However, you need to trust me on this, it does help with video playback and picture quality.

Extended Power Menu: Added.

Swype: Woot, woot, working Swype!.

SOD: Not an issue! Plus, OC has returned!

Throttling: If you do end up getting throttled, I have confirmed that this method does in fact work with both versions of Buoyancy.

GPS Fix: I Would include the GPS fix, but it always seems to tell me I'm in Nevada. This would be okay if I was a resident of the Silver State, but unfortunately I'm not.

Kernels: As of right now I feel that Faux's kernel provides a good balance of speed and stability, and I'll probably be sticking to it for builds in the near future. However, if Da_g does in fact come out with an update to fix the SOD, then I'll return back to his, simply because it is wicked-fast.

OMG VIRUS WHEN DOWNLOAD HAXXXXXXX: Not to worry, I'm not actually trying to give you a trojan, I promise. The same notification people have been having when they attempt to download Buoyancy has happened to a lot of friends of mine when they try to download rooty things like SuperOneClick or a ROM. My best guess is that it has to do with Superuser privileges+an overactive anti-virus system. If you want to read more, go here

Yahoo Finance Force Closings: If you perform the "fix permissions" option in cwm this issue should resolve.

BLN For MMS: Alright, alright, I know that BLN is not currently working with the stock MMS.apk right now, but the problem is, the MMS.apk that BLN does work for FC's upon entering its settings. So please be patient while I try to work out one of these kinks.

Announcements (Also In Red Because It's Important)
    • Currently testing PDroid.
    • May try the new ICS Camera.apk that's been floating around recently.
    • Still working on that BLN Text Messaging
    • Current ICS Launcher is a Lil' Glitchy. You have been warned.
    • Yes, I'm sorry, 1.3.1 is a full-wipe version. But I have my reasons. For one, this is going to be the last build of Buoyancy for a little while since I'm going to try and focus my attention on ICS. The other is that I kept getting bootloops with a non-wipe version, which angered me into submission.
    • Updating to UCLA base in 1.4.0.

People I Need To Thank
    • M0D1441 (AOSP Icons, Just an all around great guy)
    • playin4sheezy (Bonestock Base)
    • Cezar, from the cappy community (Helping me get into developing)
    • dsixda (Amazing Android Kitchen)
    • faux123(Kernel)
    • seanzscreams (Hacked MMS)
    • PirateGhost (Extended Power Menu)
    • And Probably Many, Many More

Previous Releases (Only Keeping The Last 4)
    Code:
    1.3.1: [URL="URL=http://dev-host.org/Mv8"]BuoyAOSPsy[/URL] [URL="URL=http://dev-host.org/ZOM"]Buoyancy[/URL]

1.3.0: [URL="http://dev-host.org/mau9010cbyf4/BuoyAOSPsy_1.3.0.zip"]BuoyAOSPsy[/URL] [URL="http://dev-host.org/lnm00v8qn832/Buoyancy_1.3.0.zip"]Buoyancy[/URL]

1.2.1: [URL="http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55197811/Buoyancy_1.2.1.zip"]Here[/URL]

1.2.0: [URL="URL=http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55197811/Buoyancy_1.2.0.zip"]Here[/URL]
    Please note that you are flashing this at your own risk, and I am in no way responsible for bricked phones, bricked cats, bricked bricks, or anything in between that may result from the flashing of this rom. Please be careful, but do enjoy.

ETA Of 1.4.1: TBA

BuoyAOSPsy Current Release (1.4.0): Here

BuoyAOSPsy Torrent From r4ins: Coming Soon!

Buoyancy Current Release (1.4.0): Here

Buoyancy Torrent From r4ins: Coming Soon!
    Cheff, where are you with a new rom based on ICS
    I'd like to see what you can do the theming of the rom, and at the same time building something out of this world, lol
    but seriously, where the heck are you?

It'll be here soon... I have a couple other priorities like AOSP ICS for both the skyrocket and the i957, and I may start helping out Uberpenguin with his CM9 work.
    have you considered dev-host.org?
    lol its what i use its being a POS right now

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

Dear Mr. Joe,
    i'm doing good progress in my decision to port Buoyancy to a potato. I'm please with my observations and i would love to share.

First off it seems like i'm getting a good USB connection to the potato, no odd USB errors or anything.

20120129222142.jpg

I've loaded Buoyancy to a 1GB memory stick micro i had laying around, seems like the tater is fully compatible with the flash memory

20120129222328.jpg

VGA output is working pretty swell, i would of never guessed

20120129222527.jpg

Good news, found the battery compartment, looks like it takes 1150mAh batteries at 3.7V, good thing to know.

20120129223049.jpg

I'll keep you posted on future observations, that's all for now. Wish me luck.
    Thanks for the update! I'm patient, so when you think it's ready, I'll be sure to bug test it for you :p

Just uploaded it; I'd love for you to tell me what you think.
    Thanks for the update! Much appreciated work, my friend. More people need to know about this ROM

Sent From My SGS2 SR Running NeXuSM0Di727-v1.05 @ 1.72GHz