155 posts
Thanks Meter: 32

By Taifuuni89, Senior Member on 4th August 2010, 08:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th November 2011, 02:01 AM |#231  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Unhappy
good articel.. but i dont found this screen in my city..

13th November 2011, 09:05 PM |#232  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
thanks mate
18th November 2011, 06:24 AM |#233  

More
userful guide, thx
26th November 2011, 10:58 PM |#234  

More
LCD Display & Touch Screen 4 Samsung I9000 Galaxy S
good night
A friend gave me a samsung i9000 galaxy s, with the interior is completely new and working,but have broken LCD / touch screen, I'm thinking of buying to mount?

There are many difficulties?
Any site where you can buy to send to Portugal?
Ebay is an option?

thank you
1st December 2011, 12:31 AM |#235  

More
Im going to be taking on placing a white glass for my samsung vibrant.

Has anyone tried just replacing the glass alone??? If so what did you do or encounter?
3rd December 2011, 11:10 AM |#236  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
how do you all manage to break the screen?
My galaxy S is always with my keys in my bag and i dropped it a few times
until now it does not have ANY scratches or anything like this!

am I a lucky guy?
26th December 2011, 09:21 AM |#237  
Flag Kyiv
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcyber777

how do you all manage to break the screen?
My galaxy S is always with my keys in my bag and i dropped it a few times
until now it does not have ANY scratches or anything like this!

am I a lucky guy?

Yeap, you are a lucky guy. I don't risk to put some dangerous stuff together with my Galaxy S, however, I noticed recently a scratch - small and thin, but annoying, it causes small colorful spots because of light refraction that is especially noticeable on white background. Thanks God - it's quite small and situtated quite close to screen edge.

I would not take risk to replace the screen myself! I definitely will go to service center. The risk to get everything ****ed does not cost some 30$... So, when I get more scratches - I will buy new screen on ebay and take it to the service Or even buy it right in service center, if price appears almost the same...

p.s. Interesting, if "liquid glass" would decrease this "colorful" effect...
ht tp://www.amazon.co.uk/T-Cut-Glass-Polish-Scratch-Remover/dp/B004NTC5GG/ref=pd_sim_auto_1/275-5343445-3567635
10th January 2012, 03:55 AM |#238  
Flag Vancouver, BC
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I haven't read of anybody just replacing only the glass yet. But I have managed to replace only the glass and it works!

I fell skiing at Heavenly on December 27th. The Gorilla Glass did not survive.

I bought the glass from eBay that same night http://www.ebay.com/itm/250958153617...#ht_1340wt_958 for $4.99 + $4.99 ship from an Australian distributor. I arrived today and I started working on it at 1pm. I searched YouTube and found a bunch of videos on how to remove everything up to the digitizer and glass assembly, but nothing after that!

At this point I cracked open the phone and followed the video thinking there was more. The logical think to do would have been to watch the video all the way through at first. And I guess since my SGS works, I'm fortunate that I didn't!

The glass on the phone was completely shattered with no pieces larger than dime left whole. So I started around the top edge first. Once I gain confidence on separating the glass from the thick layer of glue using an Olfa L-2 knife, I started in on the capacitive buttons. Here the glass had shattered to pieces about 1/16 - 1/8th of an inch, relatively easy to remove using the knife to at first wedge, then pry upwards. Both buttons work fine, but I was really careful and it took a bit of time to do. Thinking that was the hardest part was foolish thinking in hindsight...

Clearing the rest of the digitizer is a chore I care not to do again. But it is possible! It took about 3 hours to remove every sliver of glass. As it is like safety glass, it shatters into fragments easily. And once that's done you need to clean up the glue, laced with fine glass dust that can potentially scratch the digitizer. I did it with 50% alcohol and polishing compound. It took the better part of an hour, but it was the only thing I had around the house. Somebody mentioned ethanol on this thread, I'd go with that instead.

You will see a few nicks and scratches on the digitizer. I was will to accept this since I am eyeing a Galaxy Note and this phone is going to to be permanently stationed in the car (the Torque OBDII app works like a dream, it has GPS, is a web browser and plays music though my bluetooth car audio, and can share the 3G data plan. Name a head unit that does all that?). And in all honesty, with the glass installed it looks better than I expected.

To install the glass I used double-sided tape. I heated up the tape with a blow dryer when I sealed everything up, and pressed firmly on all sides to insure a good bond. I was disheartened to find that the digitizer did not respond to every touch. Turns out this was the effect of the warmed glass. As it cooled the touch response time got back to normal. Also be careful of over heating the glass and pressing too hard on the corners of the digitizer. I have a red spot in the edge of a corner I pressed. If I were to do it again, gluing (the type discussed earlier in the thread.) would be the way to go. Finally finished around 6pm. And everything works!

Good luck!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to devonblue4u For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift devonblue4u Ad-Free
10th January 2012, 10:49 AM |#239  
Flag Arni / Rome
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I think that soon I' ve to do this work.. :|
14th January 2012, 01:43 AM |#240  

More
thank you for this
14th January 2012, 05:56 AM |#241  
Jersey City
Thanks Meter: 3