[KANG] CM9 Atrix Test Build by wrldsuksgo2mars

Search This thread

Azurael

Jan 3, 2008
Bath
Btw does anyone know how to fix the battery drain and constant reboot?

Well we might do if such a problem existed universally, as you have implied. I've noticed battery life isn't as good in this as CM7, but to be honest it still beats Blur ROMs and it's to be expected given the much more graphically heavy UI (until we get working hardware acceleration, I guess.) Turning off animations may help? Mine lasts about 2 days with regular use, if I forget to charge it one night.

Check for rogue apps... Watchdog is your friend. If all else fails, backup and wipe...

Last edited:

alistair3149

Jun 19, 2010
Waterloo
The battery life is just...crazy...
Anyone knows what's the problem?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-01-10-17-08-55.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-01-10-17-08-55.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 1,441
Nov 22, 2010
My friends who have real ics officially said battery life is not so good. Obviously there is a hardware difference.

I am excited there was a tegra3 ics release today....hopefully t2 is soon.

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

nok07635

Feb 18, 2010
Should we hold a "One User One E-mail Scheme" (kinda bad English:D) to complain about not releasing the Tegra 2 binaries?
I think our developers here may be frustrated by that and increase the difficulties of developing a Android 4.0 ROM.

AND also,

If any atrix dev team members are watching this thread please pm me, we have the Hal driver connecting to the camera, now its just an issue of making the changes to the kernel/and or wrapper.

I also found the issue with backlights.

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App

Hello, Jokersax11,
Your CM9 alpha 13 is works on my Atrix very well. But phone service FC after calling.

Last edited:
Reactions: pavankvn

alistair3149

Jun 19, 2010
Waterloo
Should we hold a "One User One E-mail Scheme" (kinda bad English:D) to complain about not releasing the Tegra 2 binaries?
I think our developers here may be frustrated by that and increase the difficulties of developing a Android 4.0 ROM.

AND also,

Hello, Jokersax11,
Your CM9 alpha 13 is works on my Atrix very well. But phone service FC after calling.
It is sorta of email spam actually...
So Jokersax11 is the dev from photon dev team?

Jotokun

Apr 23, 2011
If any atrix dev team members are watching this thread please pm me, we have the Hal driver connecting to the camera, now its just an issue of making the changes to the kernel/and or wrapper.

I also found the issue with backlights.

Not sure if a forum is the best way to get contact with one of them, if you haven't already you should try contacting one of them through twitter.

jokersax11

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 13, 2009
www.jokersax.com
That's because its made for the photon, a few changes would fix that

AND also,

Hello, Jokersax11,

littleemp

May 18, 2011
My friends who have real ics officially said battery life is not so good. Obviously there is a hardware difference.

I am excited there was a tegra3 ics release today....hopefully t2 is soon.

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

If you check the TF101 forums, apparently it was announced today that Asus is releasing an OTA TF101 ICS tomorrow as well, so if the rumors are true, maybe those tegra 2 binaries could be used for the Atrix and Photon?

Reactions: Zeljko1234

Azurael

Jan 3, 2008
Bath
If you check the TF101 forums, apparently it was announced today that Asus is releasing an OTA TF101 ICS tomorrow as well, so if the rumors are true, maybe those tegra 2 binaries could be used for the Atrix and Photon?

Unless the source comes with full source for the graphics drivers as opposed to just binaries, no. The binaries will be for a different kernel, and they probably don't work on AP20H anyway...

DroidRunner

Sep 29, 2010
You guys should really just wait for CM9. Its right around the corner.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I tried the latest build of CM7 done by the Atrix Dev Team and it is awesome. Very reliable, fully functional, etc. I figured I'd give a whirl to compiling the real ICS version to see what that was like.

CM9 build system with the appropriate Atrix Dev Team repos in place actually spit out a working ROM. There are a number of issues aside from the general preview state of CM9. I figured I would share them in case anyone else was as curious as me. Apparently, the internal atrix dev teams are well beyond these issues already, so kudos.

Probably related to CM/atrix specific stuff
    - Camera and finger print sensor don't work
    - Launcher crashes pretty often
    - Some openGL demos don't seem to work right (or at all)
    - No mounting the SD as USB storage

Probably related to the specific gapps package I used.
    - Maps crashes after 3 seconds (signal 11 - native code crash)
    - Maps wants to update, but it can't (sharedId conflict if you actually remove maps)
    - Earth won't run (missing the earthmobile library)
    - Google Voice Search bombs (signal 4 - illegal instruction - currently suspecting the native packages might have some NEON instructions that the atrix cpu doesnt support)
    - Calendar will not sync for google or exchange. App loads, but the sync service is failing
    - Lots of null pointer exceptions for the NFC stuff in the log.

Anyway, this is just a build of the code that's out there, nothing special done by me. It might be useful for a dev phone or something but not for use on a real day-to-day device. Obviously it doesn't have the google apps embedded in it.

http://www.multiupload.com/XT9QPPQYF1 thanks xploited for uploading
    md5: 670068584eb94bf1d660c0450815ad0d

Personally, I had trouble going back to CM7 afterwards, my clockwordmod backups were screwed up (bad boot.img? cross-linked files on the SD card) and I had a very hard time getting back to the good ole working state. Ultimately, I had to restore the partial backup and then reflash the CM7 image + gapps.

So, if you were curious what building a random repo on the web and installing it on your phone would do, then feel free to try and lose all of your data. There are no updates/support for this, etc. It's just a curiosity... what is the state of this stuff right now?

BTW... I am back on CM7/Atrix now which is AWESOME!!!!

Source Code Links:
    https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android
    https://github.com/Atrix-Dev-Team/android_device_motorola_olympus
    For those who are suffering with dual SD mount & USB mount,

I'm posting fixed version.

This is not made by me, but from Korean guy 'sajemama'.

If you like it just hit the thanks button and he will like it.

(He can't speak English...:))

http://api2.ge.tt/0/8yD5pfB/0/blob/download

And another one, working gapps from goo-inside.

http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-ics-20111125-2.zip

You can download it and flash it from CWM.

Now, enjoy your CM9:D

PS. And of course, this rom have working gallery and google map.
    Not so much take it down as change the title of the post.

the current internal atrix-dev-team cm9 is way further ahead of this, we have some different patches. this is missleqading as it makes it sound official and is not.

Could you please change the tittle to [KANG] CM9 Test Build by "your name"

and please link to the sources, as is proper practice for open source projects

thank you
    Once I get my hard drive replaced I may build for the atrix as well, as long as I have testers. Its not that hard to build for both. Plus most fixes I make for one will work for the other as well.