FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][GB 2.3.5]GingerBread Phone 7 v0.5 (12/11/11)

591 posts
Thanks Meter: 188

By Peperm1nt, Senior Member on 26th September 2011, 05:39 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th January 2012, 05:18 AM |#201  
Flag Brawley, California
Thanks Meter: 281

More
So, I was just wondering, is there a way to get the battery to show in 1% increments instead of 10% because I'm like a freak with my battery and I'm constantly looking at the percentage to see how my battery life is going, but it's kinda hard to do that when it's in 10% increments. It was just thought. I don't mean to be a nuisance or anything.

11th January 2012, 06:58 AM |#202  
OP Senior Member
Flag Matewan

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakereeves31

So, I was just wondering, is there a way to get the battery to show in 1% increments instead of 10% because I'm like a freak with my battery and I'm constantly looking at the percentage to see how my battery life is going, but it's kinda hard to do that when it's in 10% increments. It was just thought. I don't mean to be a nuisance or anything.

The 1% mod is a "bad" idea here. I'd rather not tweak the provided battery icon because I want to make this as close to WP7 as I can. Problem with the 1% is I'd have to make the images show like this " 100% [==]- " and I dont think the status bar would show all of the image. Maybe a thought in the future tho. I'm in the process of making a ToolBox and building a launcher from the ground up so we can get away from launcher 7. When I get the ToolBox made, if the images work like stated earlier fit in the status bar, I'll provide an option within it to replace the status bar to "toggle" accurate battery display.

One of the big things I want is the "flat" appeal that I have given thus far as opposed to the "3d" effect of the images(compare Eclipse to GBP7 and you will see what I mean). WP7 doens't have the 3d effects on the buttons n such so that is what I want to make it like. If someone wants to make an alternate "theme" for the phone they are more than welcome, but at this point things will stay the same theme wise and status bar wise until I get the ToolBox and Launmcher made. The toolbox will allow quick replacement of the theme from the default "orange" to w/e the user wants.

NOTICE:
I appologize to everyone about the slower production of GBP7 but my old computer got trashed and I had to replace the HDD in it, thus all my work needs to be started over. I'm still in the process of resetting my tools and getting things back on track, but soon I will start back again. Seeing as to how I won't be dualbooting windows and linux, I'll have to get familiar with the linux side of android development(I need to get signing tools n such), but I think I found what I need. So soon you guys will see some new updates and progress on this.

No one has brought this up, but the current version is v0.5 << There have been several releases of this ROM and it is very stable, so don't let the version discourage you. v1.0 will be when I have the wp7 apps developed from source and everything will be as if it were a wp7 device with an Android OS. Once that has happened, I will start working on Google Integrationk; think of it as a Blur Device but without the bloat and strictly Google only. Facebook and Twitter may come along per user request, but everything will be built from source and watched closely as to how it will operate.

Thanks for all the support and I hope you guys enjoy this ROM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peperm1nt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Peperm1nt Ad-Free
11th January 2012, 07:36 AM |#203  
Flag Brawley, California
Thanks Meter: 281

More
Thanks for the explanation and everything. I was just curious is all. It's not that big a deal. I appreciate all your work thus far and look forward to see where you'll go with this ROM.
20th January 2012, 09:22 PM |#204  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Corporate email
How do you setup corporate email? All of my contacts are stored in our exchagne system.
20th January 2012, 11:20 PM |#205  
OP Senior Member
Flag Matewan

Donate to Me
More
I haven't use corporate email.. but try this.. go to Settings>Accounts & Sync>Add>Corporate Email or exchange or w/e
27th February 2012, 06:23 AM |#206  
Thanks Meter: 1,855

More
I can't wait to see what version 1.0 will bring.

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk
13th March 2012, 01:58 AM |#207  
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 628

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgraphicart

I can't wait to see what version 1.0 will bring.

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk

+111
I actually went back to wp7 to check it out

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
25th March 2012, 05:27 PM |#208  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I skimmed through these threads and didnt see any resolve. The only problem I have is the black on black font in gmail and white on white in marketplace. Did this get resolved? If this is fixed, this the only ROM I want on my X2!
25th March 2012, 11:36 PM |#209  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentrey

I skimmed through these threads and didnt see any resolve. The only problem I have is the black on black font in gmail and white on white in marketplace. Did this get resolved? If this is fixed, this the only ROM I want on my X2!

Since I use Gmail all the time, the weird color issue is the only reason I haven't played with this rom more.
26th March 2012, 05:33 PM |#210  
Thanks Meter: 226

More
So I said I was going to give this a go and I finally am and I am liking it...hopefully there is a fix soon for the colors things...I hope that pepper doesn't stop working on it because he got a new phone because to me as far as I can tell at this point is the only real issue so far
Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium
1st April 2012, 03:42 PM |#211  
Thanks Meter: 183

More
Is this rom for build 412, kernel ...00009 OR 413 kernel ...00008 ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gbp7, gingerbread phone 7, peperm1nt, wp7

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)