Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

biggary

Jul 20, 2007
South East UK
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
DEAR USERS OF SENSATION,

Last week I opened this post concerning the release of the final ICS release, this post got a lot of exposure on some blogs and sites, and also the HTC facebook page, thanks to this, two HTC employees contacted me, one person very high up in the UK, and also someone in the USA as well.

What was said, is, sort of what the memos that I seen were true, but there is still very many bugs in the firmwares, reported by users, reps, employees, there is still going to be at least another beta release, which will be around the 26th Jan (my date that I said), HTC do actively watch forums like XDA, Modaco etc to see users reactions, and how the developers mend and correct the bugs.

The dates for the Final UK releases should be between End Jan-Start March 2012, In this time, the developers in Taiwan, the Developers in USA, testers etc will finish the final version.

People who have sim-free and 'vanilla' phones will get the update first, operator also get a version, and they can customise as they do, and do in-house testing, US networks will push out the update the same time as the UK networks.

The Final HTC ICS UPDATE will contain :

*Sense 3.5
*Roboto Font
*ICS Music Player, Browser, New Style Settings
*FaceUnlock and Much More.

Sense 4.0 may, I was told, be coming to Sensations, Its going to be the future UI of HTC phones in the future.

Not much more to add, so this post is now being closed, If you want, Private message me, and we can talk more, but please, no flaming or abuse, otherwise you will be reported. Thank you!

Last edited:

KAwAtA

Jan 15, 2010
Hope this isn't a bs rumor, or I'll have to kill you!

I've stuck with sense 3.0 because it's battery life is amazing (24hrs+ ALL the time) and it's stable. I liked sense 3.5 a lot more but it sucked! If an official ICS comes out, i'd love that. Patiently waiting and still waiting! I hope youre not lying!

plocri

Jul 24, 2010
Naples
As you might/might not know, I work in a fairly large phone shop, and have been keeping quiet as when Ice Cream Sandwich, today, well, a hour ago, we had a HTC rep come in to bring a sensation XL for our display, and a XE, running the final ICS version, everything works, no bugs, nothing, more than his jobs worth he told me that within two weeks it will be released, was shown quite a few memos from HTC on this....wonder if its true.....looked very good :) only gripe or problems that I had, was it had sense 3.5 on top of ICS.....

do you know rom version number?

sarkar_007

Oct 16, 2011
Thane
As you might/might not know, I work in a fairly large phone shop, and have been keeping quiet as when Ice Cream Sandwich, today, well, a hour ago, we had a HTC rep come in to bring a sensation XL for our display, and a XE, running the final ICS version, everything works, no bugs, nothing, more than his jobs worth he told me that within two weeks it will be released, was shown quite a few memos from HTC on this....wonder if its true.....looked very good :) only gripe or problems that I had, was it had sense 3.5 on top of ICS.....

This is great news. I am waiting for the official ICS update for my Sensation.

biggary

Jul 20, 2007
South East UK
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I dont know much more, than it will be sensation/xl/xe - uk, no idea about tmous, i was too excited, only got a quick look at version number, it was 4.03 but the version number was later than the latest leaked RUU, and it was released to him yesterday (tuesday lunchtime), he also had a box with him with HTC and ruby on the box (anyone any idea what that is???) sorry I cant tell more, thats all I could get, sorry!

gumbois

Aug 17, 2008
As much as HTC may release it in the next 14 days, no doubt the operators will have to mess it up for a bit yet!

Tecnic

Dec 29, 2007
Do you know if it will be on that date just for UK or olso for the rest of Europe at the same time

zerozoneice

Dec 18, 2010

good news, hope you don't get in trouble for sharing this with the rest of the world :)

liberator72

Jan 4, 2011
Exmouth
Yeah Uk networks are terrible, especially if you are a orange user :)

I got my XE direct from the orange store online, but it is sim free and has the CID of HTC_001. As far as I'm aware that is WWE Europe. I assume that I will get the update when its pushed rather than having to wait for orange to mess with it? Can someone correct me if I'm wrong

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using xda premium

stroobach

Jan 4, 2011
den helder
just asked a dutch vodafone employee and he doesnt know anything about the new xe or the final ICS update..
so i hope you are right and we can see a RUU in the next 14 days with the final ICS

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DEAR USERS OF SENSATION,

Last week I opened this post concerning the release of the final ICS release, this post got a lot of exposure on some blogs and sites, and also the HTC facebook page, thanks to this, two HTC employees contacted me, one person very high up in the UK, and also someone in the USA as well.

What was said, is, sort of what the memos that I seen were true, but there is still very many bugs in the firmwares, reported by users, reps, employees, there is still going to be at least another beta release, which will be around the 26th Jan (my date that I said), HTC do actively watch forums like XDA, Modaco etc to see users reactions, and how the developers mend and correct the bugs.

The dates for the Final UK releases should be between End Jan-Start March 2012, In this time, the developers in Taiwan, the Developers in USA, testers etc will finish the final version.

People who have sim-free and 'vanilla' phones will get the update first, operator also get a version, and they can customise as they do, and do in-house testing, US networks will push out the update the same time as the UK networks.

The Final HTC ICS UPDATE will contain :

*Sense 3.5
    *Roboto Font
    *ICS Music Player, Browser, New Style Settings
    *FaceUnlock and Much More.

Sense 4.0 may, I was told, be coming to Sensations, Its going to be the future UI of HTC phones in the future.

Not much more to add, so this post is now being closed, If you want, Private message me, and we can talk more, but please, no flaming or abuse, otherwise you will be reported. Thank you!
    UPDATE : HTC rep came in today, bringing XL Dummy phone (ours was stolen), update within 10 days, asked more questions and again used his phone to get feel of it, he told me no reboots, and battery has improved with time, it comes with sense 3.5 (sense 4.0 is not for ICS, more than likely for Jellybean - or whatever it will be called), kernal is stock kernal, again, I messed with face unlocking, he showed me a video (played great), music (with my beats headphones - sounds just as good), cant think of anything more to say, it just looks so nice and clean, it will be available sim-free/unbranded first, on the sensation series (XL,XE and Sensation), Orange, T-Mobile and Vodafone already have the final versions and are currently adding their customiszation.

I asked about TMOUS version, But he is a UK rep, but would find out.
    Obvious troll, talking about HTC ruby like he doesn't know that is a future HTC phone, talking about halo / holo because it was on all the android websites lately. If you are really working in a phone company you would be aware of that things, so it think the guy is trolling.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium

I dont work for any phone company, I work for a phone shop, No, I wasn't aware of a HTC Ruby, but now know its the european version of the Amaze, and no I didnt know of the Holo Theme, but now know its the main ICS theme, why would I troll eh? why be immature like that? Im basically sharing what I been told, seen on the HTC Reps phone and read in the memos, I didnt have time to look up the kernal, all I could quickly see was the release was 4.0.3 and it was a slightly later version number than the one in our forums, one thing i did see that I didnt put already is at the end of build number, it said release-keys, the HTC employee has been spot on before with earlier builds of HTC operating systems, namely gingerbread and froyo, you can believe what you want, but Im only sharing what i seen/been told.
    thing is, when I asked 3 of my HTC contacts about the HTC Turkey troll, they all went "Those dates are definitely fake, it's not gonna be out by the end of January."

I find 3 high ranked sources more reliable than a rep who went into a shop....don't you? </rhetorical>

All I can say on this matter, is we both have information from HTC employees, one saying not by the end of January, and my man Says by 26th January, All we can do is sit and wait, All I am saying is that I have read internal memos from HTC, and messed about on the reps XE which was running final ICS release, now, like you said earlier, it could be an even later beta release, as it has later version numbers than we have been leaked already, The rep has also been correct on release dates of various phone release dates/froyo/gingerbread release dates, so I stand by my HTC reps info.

Anyway, for anyone reading this, please do not flame me or shenye, we are sharing information we have, lets just wait and see when it comes.....
    The HTC person rang our shop today, I asked about the theme included, its called halo/holo??? still on for a release within two weeks, he still says the battery is bad (he is using a XE like me), he uses a anker battery like me too, he also says someone at HTC has leaked the final copy of ICS so there maybe a copy out there, he reads XDA too and before he had a ICS rom, he (and many others) were using the virtuous ICS rom (as many of the reps and employees dont like sense) thats all i can say, i asked about a TMOUS version, but he says thats not his department.....