Get the OnePlus 6 early at a pop-up event in your city →
FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOL][Updated 5.9.12]viperMOD PrimeTime v4.6 | Auto Root/Unroot/Busybox/CMW Flash!

7,836 posts
Thanks Meter: 13,044

By -viperboy-, Inactive Recognized Developer on 4th January 2012, 09:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th January 2012, 04:33 PM |#231  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag PA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ****ing_lukin

I'm your man for .33

Great, get ready for a PM.

11th January 2012, 06:00 PM |#232  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by -viperboy-

Great, get ready for a PM.

Whenever you're ready...
11th January 2012, 10:43 PM |#233  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 295

Donate to Me
More
Question
Quote:

I am updating PrimeTime to root ICS (using new method, with permission) and I'm almost done testing it. Just fixing some backend stuff. One annoying thing is that you can't do "adb remount" because the kernel is "secure" so I'm just making a script so you can do "adb shell sysrw" to make /system r/w (even when not root). Give me an hour or so and keep a look out on my Twitter for those who want to test

EDIT: Anyone on .33? Could use some testers to see if the new root method works on HC too, that way my program doesn't have to support 2 root methods.

so you making a viperMOD PrimeTime for the TPSparkyRoot? it would be awesome because i have never rooted before!

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

What root metod is the best to get the ''best'' root on my prime? (ICS,4.0)

1.NachoRoot and then use OTA RootKeeper
2.TPSparkyRoot
3.viperMOD PrimeTime(will be updated for ICS)
4.zedomax 1-Click Script Root

Thx!
/tyvar1
11th January 2012, 10:54 PM |#234  
Flag PA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvar1

so you making a viperMOD PrimeTime for the TPSparkyRoot? it would be awesome because i have never rooted before!

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

2.TPSparkyRoot

Thx!
/tyvar1

There was no need to post the same thing in 4 dev threads. But mine would be better than zedomax's, but I'm a little biased

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
11th January 2012, 11:02 PM |#235  
Thanks Meter: 807

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvar1

2.TPSparkyRoot

Thx!
/tyvar1

I personally prefer either TPSparkyRoot or NachoRoot with RootKeeper, because they do not install other apps automatically (busybox, superuser) and the superuser app is not installed to the system directory (installs as a normal app).

But, I am also biased and some people like that convenience.
12th January 2012, 12:34 AM |#236  
Thanks Meter: 486

More
It is my opinion you should root the long way at least your first time so you stay familiar with adb.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
12th January 2012, 12:42 AM |#237  
Flag Bothell, Washington
Thanks Meter: 227

More
Yay got me Prime today! Now waitin for viperMOD V3! Woot Woot!
12th January 2012, 01:09 AM |#238  
Flag PA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkym3

I personally prefer either TPSparkyRoot or NachoRoot with RootKeeper, because they do not install other apps automatically (busybox, superuser) and the superuser app is not installed to the system directory (installs as a normal app).

But, I am also biased and some people like that convenience.

Well, when you install a ROM on devices, it installs busybox for you, you just don't know it. But trust me, you want busybox. Asus has hardly anything in their toolbox. And there is nothing wrong with putting Superuser in /system/app, in fact, I find it better there because you have to go out of your way to delete it. You don't wanna accidentally delete it.
The Following User Says Thank You to -viperboy- For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift -viperboy- Ad-Free
12th January 2012, 01:20 AM |#239  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag The Woodlands, TX
Thanks Meter: 1,940

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo_Shift

It is my opinion you should root the long way at least your first time so you stay familiar with adb.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Completely agree
12th January 2012, 01:40 AM |#240  
Flag PA

Donate to Me
More
Updated to v3! Get your automated ICS root on!! Please post feedback so that I know how it's working and PLEASE let me know if you're on ICS or HC (build number, please!). If someone has a good write-up or post with driver install info, that would be great. I would like to put it in the 2nd post for users who need help!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to -viperboy- For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift -viperboy- Ad-Free
12th January 2012, 01:45 AM |#241  
Flag Sioux Center, Iowa
Thanks Meter: 6,062

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Updated to v3! Get your automated ICS root on!! Please post feedback so that I know how it's working and PLEASE let me know if you're on ICS or HC (build number, please!). If someone has a good write-up or post with driver install info, that would be great. I would like to put it in the 2nd post for users who need help!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

It works, no issues...I was on ICS after losing root.

Tried the other two methods without any success...but this one is the only one that works!!

here is a good write up on how to install drivers...
The Following User Says Thank You to dsmitty166 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dsmitty166 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)