FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] ROCKET ROM - v23 - GB - LC1 [Update 29/03] - JKay Mod 13.6.1 - MIUI Style Theme

4,940 posts
Thanks Meter: 13,302

By eybee1970, Senior Member on 7th December 2011, 10:48 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
12th January 2012, 07:36 AM |#3721  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliashadow

Yes, still have it.TB must fix this issue, not Samsung.
Sent from the best smartphone, Galaxy Note...

Somehow I have the feeling Samsung won't worry about this issue.

Also, this feature used to work well on ROMs before KL7 ... Titanium is the same, the ROM isn't ... so somehow it's got to be ROM related, I assume.

And I agree, either Titanium will fix it, or no one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobnut

Sorry, I can't help you out there, I don't have a Note.

You can just remove the apks if you don't want them at all, that way you can copy them back if you change your mind in the future.

Or you can use Gemini App Manager (or similar) to prevent apps from autostarting instead. That way they will just sit there on your phone, but not run until you launch them. Therefore not causing partial wakelocks etc.

...unless someone can say that it is now working of course.

Well, I have about 70 apps frozen ... I'd rather not remove them until I am confident doing so will not break anything. Defrosting is supposed to be much easier than remving them and later trying to find the exact version of the apks and push them back via adb or root explorer.

12th January 2012, 07:41 AM |#3722  
Thanks Meter: 2,703

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by willam71

Well, I have about 70 apps frozen ... I'd rather not remove them until I am confident doing so will not break anything. Defrosting is supposed to be much easier than remving them and later trying to find the exact version of the apks and push them back via adb or root explorer.

I know. But if you have apps frozen that you aren't going to use... why keep them frozen? Just remove them.
12th January 2012, 07:42 AM |#3723  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:

Can someone who wants my theme let me know and I will pm them the link. Once we know it works ok, I will publish the link.

Could have volunteered dude but I'm at work and D/L links are blocked here lol... anyway good luck to u and seyo

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

Quote:

I know. But if you have apps frozen that you aren't going to use... why keep them frozen? Just remove them.

exactly what I am doing, saves space too...
The Following User Says Thank You to spandsbab For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift spandsbab Ad-Free
12th January 2012, 07:43 AM |#3724  
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Some sharing about Google Search bar. Here's what i did,

1.Delete the in build search bar either by TB or RU. REBOOT.
2.Download G search bar from market
3.Back up the downloaded G search bar as installable apk using apk back up then delete it
4.With RU Root Uninstaller & install the backed up apk as system app. DONE

*Alternatively u can use TB to convert it to system app after installation.

U will have the long hold menu working to bring up Google search bar.

Conclusion is u will have to install the apk as system file.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to darylchin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift darylchin Ad-Free
12th January 2012, 07:44 AM |#3725  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by geonahta

I wasn't planning on leaving checkROM b4, but I decided to give the v17 a try.

I can't report yet on stability and battery. I did find the wifi signal to be better in the v17. I can use internet on the bedroom floor, where all other ROMs failed. Seems the new modem is better..
That could be a reason to update, or wait for the next version of your favorite ROM.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Why are you on the bedroom floor lol
12th January 2012, 07:45 AM |#3726  
Flag Dubai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by willam71

Somehow I have the feeling Samsung won't worry about this issue.

Also, this feature used to work well on ROMs before KL7 ... Titanium is the same, the ROM isn't ... so somehow it's got to be ROM related, I assume.

And I agree, either Titanium will fix it, or no one.

Dude as long as u backed em up its okay... take the plunge

I have removed Samsung apps (including wifi sharing and manager) as I really dont use em...
12th January 2012, 07:47 AM |#3727  
Thanks Meter: 2,703

More
Dark Theme RocketROM v17
I am reliably informed that all is well. I passed the little test eybee1970 set for me

Dark Theme v17 with RocketROM animations

Dark Theme v17 with stock animations
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to nobnut For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nobnut Ad-Free
12th January 2012, 07:47 AM |#3728  
Flag Dubai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by markbusa

Why are you on the bedroom floor lol

I was about to ask the same thing lol... well I guess some like "it" (wifi) on the floor than the bed
12th January 2012, 07:50 AM |#3729  
Flag Eskilstuna
Thanks Meter: 112

More
Quote:

I am reliably informed that all is well. I passed the little test eybee1970 set for me

Dark Theme v17 with RocketROM animations

Dark Theme v17 with stock animations

Super! Now the ROM is complete
12th January 2012, 07:51 AM |#3730  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:

Eventually that's what I am going to do. I just would like to to test that it can safely be done. I'd just need to be on the same ROM for a couple of days ... lol
12th January 2012, 07:52 AM |#3731  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Speedy but battery drain than KL7.

Sent from my GT-N7000
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
sprintuser swallows
Previous Thread Next Thread