[ROM][ICS][4.0.3][3-22-12][WIP] ics-deck-evo [pre-beta7]

Search This thread

neodorian

Dec 21, 2007
Baltimore, MD
I'm having a calendar issue. I can sync with exchange and google, however when I put a widget on the home screen it only shows the next calendar event despite the fact that there are many upcoming events and lots of space for the widget to display more.

Is there a setting somewhere? The first time the widget loaded it had 3 events, now it is down to only one.

Calendar sync is buggy for many at the moment. Looking forward to that being fixed soon since it's the one thing missing that I use daily. The other little bugs and occasional force closes don't bother me since it's still alpha and I'm just messing around but I can't leave it on for long without calendar.

Either way I'm really impressed with the work that kushdeck, jared, and the rest have been doing to get this up and running. No doubt we will have a 95-98% complete rom before we see anything from HTC or Sprint (ie: never) :D

---------- Post added at 08:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

Is there a (simple) way to remove the persistent voicemail notification? ICS seems to have removed the remove voicemail notification option in Settings.

I installed google voice and then I got that option back.

descriminator

Jan 4, 2008
Hi Folks

How DO you put Sprint Visual Voicemail on ICS?

Would appreciate some guidance.

Thanks!

P.S. Anyone else seeing Google Goggles not work right?

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Hi Folks

How DO you put Sprint Visual Voicemail on ICS?

Would appreciate some guidance.

Thanks!

P.S. Anyone else seeing Google Goggles not work right?
You don't. It won't work until Sprint releases an ICS-compatible version of the app, is my guess.

And I did notice an issue with the Camera being unable to focus on a bar code, though it wasn't in Goggles. I wonder if that's a problem for everyone? Has anyone successfully scanned a QR Code or bar code using the Camera?

Reactions: descriminator

descriminator

Jan 4, 2008
Yea, thats what i'm seeing .. the focus problem... but its an "Alpha" so can't complain..

That sucks about voicemail. I really do like this rom and ICS is nice and smooth.... this might be a deal breaker for me until this is in beta or sprint gets a device on ICS that we can "borrow" an svv apk from....

bluezr1

Mar 25, 2009
Every time I tried an ics rom my CPU would wind up running at almost Max. Since last night I narrowed it down to something downloading to my SD card. If I un-mounted my SD card the problem was solved. It was either download manager or downloads - I froze them with TB and the problem was solved. I ended up coping everything and formatting my SD card and the problem would always come back.

What I found out that was causing the problem was, when I downloaded a skin for the sense clock. So if anyone is using sense clocks (from market,) don't download any skins. Unless you don't mind you phone running sluggish, very hot, battery life drained at an extremely fast rate (1 1/2 hrs) and having your CPU maxed out even with the screen off.

Sorry for such a long story. I just got extremely excited when I finally narrowed it down. :D

Now I just need to figure out how to get the voicemail working correctly and I'll be all set.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

commonplace

Mar 11, 2007
Bardstown, KY
www.envail.com
Just flashed from A4 to A5 without wiping. Is everyone else also missing the voice input options for everything? Like on my main screen, the Google search bar used to have a microphone on the far right... now it's gone. And Google Nav had "Speak your destination", but now that item just isn't there. It's like the ability to use voice as input is totally gone.

Everyone else have the same thing? Just want to make sure it isn't just me. :) Thanks!

EDIT: Never mind, just had to re-flash Gapps and it's back again. I found this out when I tried to open the Market and it said it wasn't installed. Re-flashed Gapps to fix that, and it fixed the voice input issue, too.

/Kevin

Last edited:

dustinarden

Oct 1, 2010
Flashed A5 last night. I'm digging it. got too many launcher FC's, but i always use ADW.EX as my launcher anyway, so once i loaded that up no more FC's.

as far as the persistent VM notification, i was able to turn it off. I was unable to locate the screen to do it like you would in CM7 however once i setup google voice it ended up taking me to the screen that has the option to remove the voicemail notification ... so .. that works, but i'm just not sure how to get there otherwise ..

also my USB works just fine without any extra app. i assume it was fixed in alpha 5? i used it several times last night as it was intended to be used and had no issues.

havent tested the camera yet.

Liamfm

Sep 30, 2008
One more request (sorry Deck! You're awesome!) Any chance of incorporating the calendar which does all day events from 4.0.3? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1391191&page=2

Calendar sync is buggy for many at the moment. Looking forward to that being fixed soon since it's the one thing missing that I use daily. The other little bugs and occasional force closes don't bother me since it's still alpha and I'm just messing around but I can't leave it on for long without calendar.

Either way I'm really impressed with the work that kushdeck, jared, and the rest have been doing to get this up and running. No doubt we will have a 95-98% complete rom before we see anything from HTC or Sprint (ie: never) :D

---------- Post added at 08:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

I installed google voice and then I got that option back.

wanderso

Where is phone name / device name in ICS?

I just flashed alpha5 and the Exchange-modded gapps last night, and my phone is running quite nicely for an alpha (thanks for all the work, deck!) Exchange mail, calendar and contacts working as expected. Youtube a little sketchy, but no biggie. I'm just trying to work my way around ICS.

To the point - where is the device name found? I saw that my phone didn't connect to bluetooth in the car this morning, and I assumed that it was because my device name was different. But I searched around XDA, and I couldn't find a reference for where to change the device name.

Regards to all, and especially the devs for getting ICS up on Evo 4g,

wanders

EDIT: Duh, never mind, I found the Bluetooth name item...

Last edited:
So, is calendar working on decks p5 with caps gapps, or no? Cuz it hasn't for me. Tried several gapps, and permission fixes, etc.

Last it worked was drew p4 with the calendar fix (which has now been removed from OP).

Anybody?

sent from xda app on drews ics

Working fine for me, using Alpha 5 and the Gapps found in the OP.

I've found that doing a complete wipe and install is very important, I'm also flashing the VR Superwipe .zip after wiping everything, and after flashing the ROM, Darktremor (if you're using that; I love it), Gapps, Superuser, rebooting, Titanium-reloading my apps, doing the Carodope tweaks, going back into recovery and fixing permissions, everything works as it should. A caveat: I'm not using Exchange.

Sent from my Evo 4G running Decks ICS Alpha 5.

Last edited:

ben.nesheim

Nov 30, 2010
Duluth, MN
plus.google.com
ok so i answered someone who had hardware lights not turning on.... and i've noticed mine are waking up and then turning off seemly at random for not even a second ... anyone else? i only notice it cuz my phone is sitting next to my laptop ... ya i stared at my phone for it to happen

bluezr1

Mar 25, 2009
Flashed A5 last night. I'm digging it. got too many launcher FC's, but i always use ADW.EX as my launcher anyway, so once i loaded that up no more FC's.

as far as the persistent VM notification, i was able to turn it off. I was unable to locate the screen to do it like you would in CM7 however once i setup google voice it ended up taking me to the screen that has the option to remove the voicemail notification ... so .. that works, but i'm just not sure how to get there otherwise ..

also my USB works just fine without any extra app. i assume it was fixed in alpha 5? i used it several times last night as it was intended to be used and had no issues.

havent tested the camera yet.

There're giving me three options to setup google voice, would you know what one is the best to choose?

Use your Sprint mobile number with Google Voice
Port your mobile number to Google Voice
Get Google Voicemail for your existing mobile number

mhwarfield

Aug 19, 2011
Lilburn, GA
And I did notice an issue with the Camera being unable to focus on a bar code, though it wasn't in Goggles. I wonder if that's a problem for everyone? Has anyone successfully scanned a QR Code or bar code using the Camera?

Just tried it using the ZXing Barcode Scanner. Confirmed not working but I'm not so sure it's a "focus" problem per se. It is trying to focus on the QR Code for sure and I can see it coming into focus but I never see the little green dots show up indicating it's seeing the sync squares. It's more like it's not getting the video signal from the camera so it just keeps trying to focus the camera looking for the signal (focus is indicated by the highest contrast ratio in the video signal). This could be related to the fact that video is not working, according to the OP. In fact, if you go to the camera app and put it in video mode, you'll see the signal is whacked out - out of sync. The barcode scanner is probably using the video signal feed to try and perform the auto focus function and can't get a usable signal. We may have to wait on that one.

dustinarden

Oct 1, 2010
There're giving me three options to setup google voice, would you know what one is the best to choose?

Use your Sprint mobile number with Google Voice
Port your mobile number to Google Voice
Get Google Voicemail for your existing mobile number

"get google voicemail for your existing mobile number"

when it first starts up there should be a "skip" button, hit that and it will assume you just want VM functionality which is all you want. (i assume)

Reactions: bluezr1

suarezn

Jun 25, 2010
First off thx for the great work. So far so good for me. Apps that weren't working in the past seem to work now and the exchange syncing issue got resolved after I installed the GAPPS with the exchange fix. Only thing not working is the buttons don't light up? Is there a fix for that? Did I miss it? and also my battery is draining very fast compared to MIUI which is what I had before.

Trebuchet force closes sometimes as well, but not a huge deal for me.

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
holy mother of god please get 4g on this already! everything seems legit but that.
*sigh*

Here's the thing. Our legacy device is not even supposed to be running ICS. ICS does NOT come with WiMax built into the framework, thus it will take someone building it from the ground up to ever be integrated. At this point, we're still in the ALPHA stages (i.e. getting everything that's supposed to work on ICS working on our device), so we're definitely not there yet. We don't even have the front camera or video working yet, nor the ICS-stock facial recognition lockscreen. Why don't we focus on getting the base running smoothly before we worry about adding things that weren't there in the first place?

Perhaps you're thinking to yourself, but the EVO 4G is a 4G device, so it's a feature that's supposed to exist on the device! That may be true, but if you're running this, you're not running the ROM your device came with, which I'm certain does have working WiMax. So, to sum up, don't expect this ROM to ever have 4G. If you can't live with that, then you'll have to move along. And if it ever DOES have WiMax, I'm sure you'll see it on the front page and then you can come back and join us.

MrDSL

Nov 17, 2006
Captain_Throwback- thanks for the gapps with the exchange fix..One less thing for me to do now...appreciated..

The maps is an older version in case you wanted to update it ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i will update this post when the time comes. for now, feel free to run any of my test builds located here:
    http://dev-host.org/users/deck/609/ics-evo
    pb7 - fixed camera preview.

enjoy,
    -deck
    Sounds good! Hardware acceleration?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

yessir!

-deck
    holy mother of god please get 4g on this already! everything seems legit but that.
    *sigh*

Here's the thing. Our legacy device is not even supposed to be running ICS. ICS does NOT come with WiMax built into the framework, thus it will take someone building it from the ground up to ever be integrated. At this point, we're still in the ALPHA stages (i.e. getting everything that's supposed to work on ICS working on our device), so we're definitely not there yet. We don't even have the front camera or video working yet, nor the ICS-stock facial recognition lockscreen. Why don't we focus on getting the base running smoothly before we worry about adding things that weren't there in the first place?

Perhaps you're thinking to yourself, but the EVO 4G is a 4G device, so it's a feature that's supposed to exist on the device! That may be true, but if you're running this, you're not running the ROM your device came with, which I'm certain does have working WiMax. So, to sum up, don't expect this ROM to ever have 4G. If you can't live with that, then you'll have to move along. And if it ever DOES have WiMax, I'm sure you'll see it on the front page and then you can come back and join us.
    Thread cleaned.

Cut the crap......
    One warning, that is all.....
    This is my first post since i became a memeber here back in 2008. Everyone needs to grow some balls and man up lol no more immature sh*t :D