Moto Xoom official soak build ; IML77 (Wifi Xoom/MZ604)

Search This thread

followinginsanity

Feb 12, 2008
Hampton
Download Directly from Google

Motorola Xoom Android 4.0.3

Yes you will lose root. But you can re-root via
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1242241
I have not

Thanks to www.androidpolice.com

Google Link:
http://v13.lscache2.c.android.clients.google.com/packages/data/ota/motorola_tervigon/71a21bfe7c81.signed-tervigon-IML77-from-HTK75D.71a21bfe.zip

via http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/01/13/confirmed-motorolas-xoom-update-is-ice-cream-sandwich-rolling-out-to-some-thousands-of-xoom-wi-fi-owners-now/

This is signed with testkeys, but should be flashed over a stock HTK75D build

UPDATE2:
I'm not going to reinvent the wheel here. There are plenty of others who have the time to work on these builds. Here is a good place to start if you want a pre-rooted CWM flashable zip.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1446469

I have not tested this yet myself, just too busy.

Last edited:

tutech

Mar 1, 2009
Boca Raton, FL

aryan79

May 11, 2009
Venice
Is this the official Motorola ICS for US WIFI XOOM?
I have an unlocked MZ601 (Euro 3G), can I flash this ROM? :confused:

xxspark89xx

Seriously people, when making new topics, PLEASE for heavens sakes include what version it is for!

This will save from a lot of confusion, and will save your ass from accidentally bricking some in experienced person's device. It has happened before.

superchilpil

Sep 26, 2009
Texas
OnePlus 8 Pro
Nubia Red Magic 6
Seriously people, when making new topics, PLEASE for heavens sakes include what version it is for!

This will save from a lot of confusion, and will save your ass from accidentally bricking some in experienced person's device. It has happened before.

U should read the link in the OP, It clearly states everything you need to know

Sent from my HTC Mecha using Tapatalk

SnakeManJayd

Jan 15, 2011
This is very exciting. Where can I get a stock image of HTK75D?

I've been on custom roms since 3.2 so I don't have a backup of 3.2.1.

I tried searching the forum, but couldn't find a link.

I tried the motorola images page but they only had Build HWI69 for US wifi.

I did find this thread, will this work, or is it not stock enough?
Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

Last edited:

xxspark89xx

I was simply saying, its proper etiquette to include the model in the thread heading (i.e. WIFI, 3G, 4G, etc) to avoid confusion and hassle for other forum members.

Some of us are smart enough to figure it out, others are not unless it is stated directly.

Personally, it saves me time from having to click into and read through a thread to figure out what the thread is about. This forum is for many different models of the XOOM, best to keep it labeled as all the other developers in this forum have.

Reactions: iBuzman

dipdewdog

Jul 28, 2007
For STOCK Recovery, you do need a usb host cable, for the recovery does not recognize the sdcard.

For CWM recovery, and specifically Tiamat's CWM 3.2, can recognize the sdcard, therefore not needing a usb host cable.

CWM 3.2 is not installing from the SD card for me; I keep getting the error

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "wingray" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "wingray"

xxspark89xx

CWM 3.2 is not installing from the SD card for me; I keep getting the error

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "wingray" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "wingray"

You might want to look here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1444471

As far as I can tell, attempting to flash the official OTA .zip file is going to cause problems when you are doing it through CWM.

The straight-forward method is to return your XOOM to stock, including the recovery, and then use a OTG cable with a flash drive to apply the update.zip through the stock recovery.

The zip file from this thread has not been modified yet to work through CWM.

Johnny Sorrow

Jan 16, 2012
It seems like you can only flash official with official kernels and firmware from Motorola. What I'd like to know is what is the benefit of flashing back to stock and then the official moto ICS? I'm on ICS now and don't care much for the face unlock, it's not that great anyway to me. To previous posters asking about flashing ove CWM I don't think it's possible. You must factory restore, upgrade to moto official numbers then flash the update. I may be wrong but...

AzN1337c0d3r

Jul 22, 2010
Can someone run Quadrant on and compare it to the KANG and Tiamat ICS ROMs? I'm curious to know if the official build is faster because it does not have all the "debug" statements added in.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I was simply saying, its proper etiquette to include the model in the thread heading (i.e. WIFI, 3G, 4G, etc) to avoid confusion and hassle for other forum members.

Some of us are smart enough to figure it out, others are not unless it is stated directly.

Personally, it saves me time from having to click into and read through a thread to figure out what the thread is about. This forum is for many different models of the XOOM, best to keep it labeled as all the other developers in this forum have.
    Can someone run Quadrant on and compare it to the KANG and Tiamat ICS ROMs? I'm curious to know if the official build is faster because it does not have all the "debug" statements added in.

I ran quadrant about 5 or 6 times and it averaged out at about 1850, which is not great, but it is at stock CPU frequency.