FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Kernel][OC]Da_G's 1944MHz SGH-i957 LTE OC(Dec 20, 2011)

1,629 posts
Thanks Meter: 270

By Croak, Senior Member on 20th December 2011, 08:21 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th January 2012, 10:38 PM |#81  
Thanks Meter: 242

More
I like Croak. Testing something for the first time is still a big step and he deserves credit for the work that he put in from his end.

Anyways, thanks for the repost of the instructions. I can format a bit and add it to the front page so we don't lose stride. I'll also add the original .lib files in case anyone wants to revert back.
The Following User Says Thank You to orlandoxpolice For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift orlandoxpolice Ad-Free

10th January 2012, 10:57 PM |#82  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
I am certainly not one to hold a grudge, if Croak was just having some kind of real life crisis and snapped in the forums, hey it happens!

But to delete information that was posted to a public forum (and then became public domain) and to actively try to undermine other peoples work and research into the device, all because why?

Because I told him I thought something might not be quite right in what he said, and then provided clear and concise information to why I thought it may be that way?

The normal response in a discussion would be to address the points I made, and thats that.

Instead he just throws all the valid info I presented out the window, and essentially replys with "What I said is right".
Um ok, well I just gave you a bunch of data that says otherwise.

I don't care who is right or wrong, I just want the truth.

So far I can present far more testable, verifiable proof for my theory, then Croak can by "Blowing it out our asses" and just being "right".

Hell what I am saying isn't even a theory, its basically fact, and a few searches on XDA or google will show you that...

And why delete the master post for the kernel, when our discussion had NOTHING to do with that post, or any of the info in there, that is just childish.

I am all for donating to devs,(and have all the way back to the Touch Pro), but would you honestly tell me you would feel fine about donating to someone like croak after all this (not that he is a dev)?

I wouldn't donate to a dev who flips out when someone comes to them with valid information.

I do have to have a good laugh at croak thinking he can just delete posts and screw us over, and then seeing post# 2 containing all the info anyways, glad I could help.
bwahaha

Anyways, done with this topic, back on track.....

As a side note, if we need a reliable fast place to store some files, like I said before, I'm a network administrator for an ISP, and have plenty of places I can stick them indefinitely.

Also I will gladly be a Guinea pig for any of Da-g's work.
11th January 2012, 12:26 AM |#83  

More
Ok post #2 is up. Formatted the same as the Root thread, since this kernel also acts as a root. Instructions are very simple as well. Can you guys check if all of the links work, and if I linked to the correct kernel (I believe the 1944 one is the latest). Point out any mistakes, but I don't think there are any.

Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to orlandoxpolice For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift orlandoxpolice Ad-Free
11th January 2012, 02:11 AM |#84  

More
Wow nice work, that is excellent!

I haven't checked all the links but it looks great.
11th January 2012, 05:27 PM |#85  

More
Just in case anyone is wondering, (not trying to get derailed again I promise)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=845844

This works, and I am able to pull the full 2 amps from my third party charger, hooray!

(notice that this topic was done over a year ago, before they had custom kernels that take care of this issue)

Would be a whole lot easier if we could get it enabled at the kernel level instead though, like the kernels available for the 73xx models.
The Following User Says Thank You to modestone For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift modestone Ad-Free
14th January 2012, 12:08 AM |#86  
Recognized Developer / XDA Portal Scout
Flag ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ Area 51 █
Thanks Meter: 22,190

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by modestone

Just in case anyone is wondering, (not trying to get derailed again I promise)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=845844

This works, and I am able to pull the full 2 amps from my third party charger, hooray!

(notice that this topic was done over a year ago, before they had custom kernels that take care of this issue)

Would be a whole lot easier if we could get it enabled at the kernel level instead though, like the kernels available for the 73xx models.

Damn... Really Nice find!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I957 using xda premium
16th January 2012, 06:17 PM |#87  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEKHD

Damn... Really Nice find!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I957 using xda premium

Glad I could help!

Sooooo...

I am working on opening up communications with a dev from another forum that specializes in porting Clockwork Recovery Mod to devices.

Sounds like he may be willing to work with me on it, fingers crossed!

We may get to see some rom development soon weeeee
The Following User Says Thank You to modestone For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift modestone Ad-Free
16th January 2012, 08:28 PM |#88  

More
Nice work.

I'm looking into talking to some skyrocket devs as well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium
17th January 2012, 06:58 PM |#89  

More
Work is underway!

I think we have a pretty good chance of getting a custom recovery on our 8.9 LTE's soon!
17th January 2012, 06:59 PM |#90  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Great news, can't wait!
18th January 2012, 02:44 AM |#91  

More
Well fellas, I have a priliminary/test custom CWM recovery image for our device, that should be flashable by ODIN.

I have not flashed it yet, planning on doing it tomarow morning.

In the event that something goes awry, I don't want to be stressing all night long about it

I will keep you all posted!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to modestone For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift modestone Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)