WiFix - Fixes regional Wi-Fi problems in Android 4.0

Search This thread

fardjad

Mar 31, 2011
www.fardjad.com
I would suggest you put in the app introduction to explain in an easier:

"If wifi is working fine in Gingerbread roms, but does not when flashing/upgarding to IceCreamSanwich, then this app will try to fix it!"

Thanks, but someone here stated that he has the same issue with GB, I sent him a PM and am waiting for the response to see if it's a WiFi country code related thing or something else.

Last edited:

WaveMaster1406

Nov 6, 2007
New York
www.master225.hexat.com
I'm in Côte d'Ivoire in West africa and get this pbm with Desire HD running ICS from Lord Clockan, WiFi turn on but can't find any network!!! :(
People says that this pbm can't be fixed.
I'm so excited when i think that your app can resolve (perhaps) this issue!! :D
I try it now and send you a feedback man!

AFTER TEST: Yeeeaah!!!! You have done bro' :D WiFi works well for me!
Thx man! God bless u ;)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-01-17-09-19-11.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-01-17-09-19-11.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 1,331
  • Screenshot_2012-01-17-09-19-46.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-01-17-09-19-46.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 971
Last edited:

haririan

Aug 31, 2011
tehran
tested on sensation with insertcoin 4.3.2 android 4.0.3

it worked very good thank you
i used the recovery and apk version both worked fine thanks dud ;)

D

Deleted member 3693611

Stupid question

What kind of wifi problems are we talking about here?

Just wondering because maybe I have some kind of problem and didn't notice it lol and maybe someone needs help and then I can send him here

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium App

fardjad

Mar 31, 2011
www.fardjad.com
Stupid question

What kind of wifi problems are we talking about here?

Just wondering because maybe I have some kind of problem and didn't notice it lol and maybe someone needs help and then I can send him here

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium App

As omar302 mentioned,
If wifi is working fine in Gingerbread roms, but does not when flashing/upgarding to IceCreamSanwich, then this app will try to fix it!

And as I said before, in some countries (Mainly those that are located in Middle-East and Africa), when you have SIM-Card inserted, due to incorrect (not set) WiFi country code, you can't find/connect to WiFi networks and this application fixes this problem by changing the WiFi country code when needed.

Last edited:

fardjad

Mar 31, 2011
www.fardjad.com
I get this error on ICS using Saumsung Galaxy Nexus:
Analysis errors

There was a problem in the interpretation of the package

Not sure what is the problem, check downloaded files md5 sum:

WiFixManager: 1d786941bc6db2c922bc784d11a1308f
WiFixRecovery: 583b199b4042c7ad201cbabb38defd95

if you're using the recovery version, that might be not compatible with your device and your version of recovery, download and install WiFixManager.apk instead.

nathsgames

Oct 27, 2010
Gold Coast
OK so in my case, 90% of the time, WiFi works after a reboot, but as soon as the screen times out, the WiFi doesn't come back.

Sometimes toggling WiFi on and off will work, other times it crashes Settings?

Any thoughts? I tried your App but no better thanks.

fardjad

Mar 31, 2011
www.fardjad.com
OK so in my case, 90% of the time, WiFi works after a reboot, but as soon as the screen times out, the WiFi doesn't come back.

Sometimes toggling WiFi on and off will work, other times it crashes Settings?

Any thoughts? I tried your App but no better thanks.

It's most likely a ROM/Kernel/Configuration (ex. properties in build.prop) issue.

As said many times before this app can only fix the problems caused by the wrong (not set) country code when SIM is inserted.

Last edited:

gregferns

Sep 19, 2009
Mumbai
Xiaomi Poco F1
OnePlus Nord
WIFI not scanning

Hi,

I read up on your fix for the wifi issue. I think i have the same problem.

I am based out in Kinshasa in Africa, and i use my nexus one with CM7.
All is ok out there.. For the nexus one there are 2 ICS roms
TEaxasice and Medroid...

When i tried to use both these the wifi would not scan at all....
It would not even show me the neighboring wifi AP's.

I tried a lot but could not succeed.
Then @resar helped me on xda forums in texasice's thread,,,,
pls see this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1366897&highlight=greg+framework&page=158 for post 1573.

He modified the framework.jar and gave me.. I tried it on texasice and it
didnt work.. But then he suggested me i try it on Medroid's ICS rom as he
had modified the file from Medroid's source and rom... THERE HIS FILE WORKED
AND NOW I HAVE WIFI... But i want very much to use texasice's rom.

Can you do help me out by seeing what changes he has modified in the framework.jar that he has attached ???
I am asking this because after this i found your solution and tried it on texasice's rom but it DID NOT WORK...

Don't know how you can help me out.

P.S. If you need any links or more info i can gladly give....

regards
greg

redbaron

Jan 25, 2006
Tbilisi
Same WIFI problem but on Honeycomb 3.2

Hello, I have same problems with my wifi after inserting SIM. If I change wifi_country_code manualy it works again. I wanted to install this apk on my tablet but it says "There is a problem parsing package".

How to install it and is it compatible? Can you help make another version for Honeycomb?

gregferns

Sep 19, 2009
Mumbai
Xiaomi Poco F1
OnePlus Nord
Hello, I have same problems with my wifi after inserting SIM. If I change wifi_country_code manualy it works again. I wanted to install this apk on my tablet but it says "There is a problem parsing package".

How to install it and is it compatible? Can you help make another version for Honeycomb?

Hi,
You said "changed wifi_country_code manually"..

Can you please post how you did it ?

thanks in advance.
greg

redbaron

Jan 25, 2006
Tbilisi
Hi,
You said "changed wifi_country_code manually"..

Can you please post how you did it ?

thanks in advance.
greg

Just used sqlite editor from Market (any would work) and changed in /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db value "wifi_country_code" to EN for example and that's it. And you need root for this. But change it every time after reboot.

gregferns

Sep 19, 2009
Mumbai
Xiaomi Poco F1
OnePlus Nord
Just used sqlite editor from Market (any would work) and changed in /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db value "wifi_country_code" to EN for example and that's it. And you need root for this. But change it every time after reboot.

Hi,

I tried this ,but in settings.db there is no section of 'wifi' at all...

Any ideas ??

Edit -- i got it,, but values dont seem to stick and i cant connect....

regards
greg

Last edited:

fardjad

Mar 31, 2011
www.fardjad.com
Hi,

I read up on your fix for the wifi issue. I think i have the same problem.

I am based out in Kinshasa in Africa, and i use my nexus one with CM7.
All is ok out there.. For the nexus one there are 2 ICS roms
TEaxasice and Medroid...

When i tried to use both these the wifi would not scan at all....
It would not even show me the neighboring wifi AP's.

I tried a lot but could not succeed.
Then @resar helped me on xda forums in texasice's thread,,,,
pls see this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1366897&highlight=greg+framework&page=158 for post 1573.

He modified the framework.jar and gave me.. I tried it on texasice and it
didnt work.. But then he suggested me i try it on Medroid's ICS rom as he
had modified the file from Medroid's source and rom... THERE HIS FILE WORKED
AND NOW I HAVE WIFI... But i want very much to use texasice's rom.

Can you do help me out by seeing what changes he has modified in the framework.jar that he has attached ???
I am asking this because after this i found your solution and tried it on texasice's rom but it DID NOT WORK...

Don't know how you can help me out.

P.S. If you need any links or more info i can gladly give....

regards
greg

I can't do it right now (I'm busy with... errh, exams!)
These kinds of problems require extended discussion though.
After a few days maybe :)

Last edited:

fardjad

Mar 31, 2011
www.fardjad.com

Yes, it shouldn't be a problem.
I think I should only change the minimum SDK version.
I'll release an update soon.

Reactions: redbaron

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WiFi Fix for Android 4.0

Description

I recently found out many people in certain countries no matter what kinds of devices they're using, have issues with WiFi when SIM-Card is inserted.

I realized that changing the WiFi Country Code solves the problem and made an application that does this automatically on each boot and on network state changes.

Installation

It's pretty easy; first of all you should root your device.

Then install WiFixManager.apk.

Start WiFix Manager from applications menu and tap Install WiFix (allow SuperUser permission.)

Once installed, you're ready to go. The application will change the country code when needed. You can also invoke it manually by dialing *#94349# (*#WIFIX#) and pressing the call button (don't forget to press call button; it's not a MSL code).

Updates

You can check for updates and install them via WiFix Manager.

Code:
    Change Log:
    1/14/12 WiFix V1.0, WiFix Manager V1.1:
    Initial Release
    1/25/12 WiFix 1.1, WiFix Manager V1.2:
    Changed minimum SDK version and API Level to 3
    Minor layout changes
    Minor bug fixes
    1/30/12 WiFix 1.2, WiFix Manager V1.3:
    Added custom country code support
    7/3/12 WiFix V1.2, WiFix Manager V1.31:
    Minor layout bug fixes
    Compiled with Android SDK 14
    12/9/12 WiFix V1.2, WiFix Manager V1.32
    Minor bug fixes (Device compatibility improvement.)
    Added reboot prompt after installation and removal.
    Compiled with Android SDK 16
    Known Issues

Sometimes when you reboot your phone with WiFi turned on, you won't have internet access (you can't open webpages, download files etc.) even though it says it's already connected to your AP.
    This issue can be fixed by turning WiFi Off and On or dialing *#WIFIX# as described before.

For ROM Cookers

By placing WiFix.apk in /system/app you'll have a WiFix enabled ROM.
    If you're publishing that ROM, please include a link to this thread :)

Newer fix by XDA Member HTCZ715E

As of today, most of the manufacturers (including HTC and Sony) solved this Wi-Fi issue with their ROMs. Fortunately, there's no need for WiFix anymore.

For those who still have issues with custom ROMs and WiFix, try this.
    any one try this app by recovery method in 4.3 or 4.4 not apk type .....work with him or also freeze ?
    Hmm.. Upgraded N7 3g 2012 from 4.2.2 to 4.4.2 and got similar problem, wifix didn't help, so I tried "manual" method for wifixing. Looks like the only problem was in tablename. Option wifi_country_code moved (as for 4.4) from "secure" to "global" table of /data/data/com.android.proveders.settings/databases/settings.db , so general method forr changing country code still works.

I wrote a short script (tried to run as init.d - but it has no sense as country code is beeing read from simcard when all init.d scripts are finished), so i used free Script Manager - SManager (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=os.tools.scriptmanager) to launch script after boot.

That's script code (just changed wifi_country_code location):
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    sleep 10
    sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db "INSERT INTO global (name, value) VALUES ('wifi_country_code', 'EU');"
    svc wifi disable
    sleep 10
    svc wifi enable
    Also i've added sleep for 10 seconds for ensure that sim data is already read, and added wifi down - sleep - wifi up for reestablish network connection (as i'm using n/g network for old devices, so Nexus is connected in g-mode to my router when script is executed).

Instruction:
    1. Download sqlite3 binary from any source (I've got it from xda http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=45442929&postcount=2) and move it to /system/xbin, set permissions 755 (rwx-rx-rx)

2. Save script to internal SD-card, f.e. as "fix_country_code.sh",

3. Install script-manager, that is able to run scripts on boot, and set to execute script with root rights (like on screenshot if SManager is used). Also it's possible to test script w/o reboot

Hi everyone,

Here's few tips to help you get your wifi working:

Requirements:

Rooted android phone.

Steps:

1. Download Market Unlocker (Google it, as you might not find the APK on Google play).

2. After download is complete, open it and give Root privileges.

3. On last tab, pick USA T Mobile, and wait until you see "Your mobile have changed to T Mobile successfully".

4. Make sure Wifi is off and reboot your device.

Notes:

1. When you reboot your phone, make sure the wifi is off, or your wifi will freeze as usual.

2. after reboot or boot up, make sure not to enable wifi until you see your mobile signal working(Means the mobile
    is not still searching for signal).

3. Market unlocker should change your mobile SIM Code every time you reboot (It will give a
    notification). in case you are not sure if it worked, open market unlocker and pick USA T Mobile again.

4. Open Wifi and Violla.

happy rooting.
    I was using this app on evervolv ics 4.0.4 and it worked nice.
    Now i have switched to evervolv 4.2.2 and it doesnt work. It works if i tap on "install wifix", put my phone on airplane mode and restart it. Then i can use wifi, until i connect to the phone netwrok again. After that again wifi doesnt work.

Can you update the app?
    And can you open source it?
    Thanx a lot ;)
    Can I suggest something?

Why not make a flashable zip so "wifix.apk" can be flashed directly to "system/app" without having to use "wifixmanager.apk"

Of course :)

Here it is.