[MortScript] IPTWeather_20110910 AccuWeather, My Location/Latitude, iPhoneToday/S2U2

Is IPTWeather the best weather plugin for iPhoneToday?

• Yes

Votes: 15 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
Search This thread

SanyO_79

Dec 20, 2008

aiiro

Mar 20, 2008
You shouldn't use WAP profile connection as data connection at all (WAP is dead anyway, although service providers often put it as primary connection so they can ask more money for it or a re just lazy updating default profiles).

You should have a different data connection profile for mobile data, like "Internet" (that means different access point) or something. If You don't understand what I am talking about, contact Vodafone helpdesk, they will surely guide You through it.

Michoob -> I haven't been able to fully use my phone as expected (still!), but I haven't forgot what I promised - the additional 5$ donation. Time flies... I will do it soon.

aiiro

Mar 20, 2008
Michoob, I finally made the additional donation I promised :) I still haven't had time to fully implement iPhoneToday and IPTW, but this has been dragging on too long and I guess You shouldn't have to wait until I find the time. Happy new Year!

michoob

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 19, 2008
Brussels
Thanks aiiro. Best wishes for 2012 to you too.
I hope you can eventually implement iPhoneToday and IPTWeather and enjoy them!
I got a f***ing Blackberry paid by my work, so I am almost no longer using my Touch HD Windows Phone, so I hope IPTWeather suits your needs now, because I will be hardly working more on it from now on...

zephyr1100

Dec 5, 2010
Hy,
I just discovered that very nice program. If I may, I want to integrate it into future themes that I will create with XIAMultitheme. And as I'm German I kindly ask, if there are any German language files available or scripts that change the reg entries to German. On the first screenshot on this thread's 5th page it seems to be as I want it, but I cannot find the files. Would somebody please give me a hint?

Last edited:

michoob

Dec 19, 2008
Brussels
To have the weather in German, just set IPTWtranslationLanguageCode=de in [General settings] of IPTWeather via the 'IPTWeather Config' link in the Start Menu ;).

You can find an overview of all available settings of IPTWeather in the Wiki or some more help in the FAQ.

Still, IPTWeather is designed to work with iPhoneToday and S2U2, so I do not know how you can use it with XIAMultitheme, but I will be glad to help you a little.

zephyr1100

Dec 5, 2010
@michoob
thank you very much for your help. That was the hint I needed!
But I'm afraid there is one little issue left:
In German language we have funny letters like "Ä", "Ö", "Ü", "ä", "ö", "ü" and "ß".
Those letter are being replaced by even funnier ones, such as "Ö", "Ä", "Ü" "ü", "ö", "ä" and "ß"
That makes translation of "cloudy" to "bewölkt" instead of "bewölkt".
Do you have any idea to solve that? In the FAQ I found that:

Q: How to replace strange symbols by good ones: ñ by ñ, á by á, ó by ó, à by í, íº by ú, í‘ by Ñ, ú by ú, í© by é?

A: In the sys folder, edit the ini file of your language and set the following first line (see fr.ini for an example):

ReplaceMap=ñ,ñ,á,á,ó,ó,Ã,í,íº,ú,í‘,Ñ,ú,ú,í©,é

I don't find a de.ini file or a ger.ini in my root. Should I add that in the eng.ini?

EDIT: added "ReplaceMap=Ö,Ö,Ä,Ä,Ãœ,Ü,ü,ü,ö,ö,ä,ä,ß,ß" in eng.ini. That works for S2U2 texts, but the registry entries i.e. "HKCU\Software\iPhoneToday\AccuWeather\textD0" still show up like before (bewölkt).
And these reg entries are the ones I want to read out by XIAMultiTheme :-(

Last edited:

michoob

Dec 19, 2008
Brussels
You have probably setup IPTWlanguageFile=eng.ini and that is why you cannot find the de.ini file.

Anyway, you noticed well that all this will only replace the symbols in the data displayed by IPTWeather, and not the registry values.
I cannot really help as IPTWeather is not meant to be a weather API... But feel free to edit my code so it suits your specific need, and I can try to answer to some of your questions.

Reactions: zephyr1100

zephyr1100

Dec 5, 2010
@michoob
thank you very much for your assistance. I think I got it now. I wrote a script which reads out the icon-numbers in the registry, translates them into German weather descriptions and creates according new registry entries.
Now I can work on my new theme(s).
IPTWeather seems to be the perfect match for my needs.
So thanks again...

zephyr1100

Dec 5, 2010
Hy michoob,
here you can see a screenshot of my new theme's weather page using your IPTWeather. It works like a charm. All credits to you for this great application and thanks again...

Attachments

• Screen02.jpg
    Screen02.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 127

michoob

Dec 19, 2008
Brussels
Hi zephyr1100, I'm glad you are enjoying IPTWeather.
Have you voted in the poll to show your satisfaction? ;)
Cheers!

michoob

Dec 19, 2008
Brussels
Hi Slavoo71, I've quickly changed few links with new screenshots gathered from the Internet. Sorry but I am barely using my Windows Phone for 2 years, and I won't have time to properly update the whole post.
I guess I would even no longer be able to debug anything nor help much on my own app now that it's been almost 3 years I released the last update :p.
Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy!

Top Liked Posts