- Customizable homescreen grid size and up to 9 homescreens
- Scrollable dock with up to 7 icons per page and up to 5 pages
- Infinite & elastic scrolling (homescreen, drawer and dock)
- Fancy transition effects (tablet, cube, etc.)
- Hide elements as you want (persistent search bar, status bar, or even the dock)
- Customizable icons and labels for shortcuts and folders
- Choose different folder preview styles and background
- Multiple drawer styles (transparent/opaque, horizontal/vertical, paginated/continuous)
- Drawer apps sorting (title, install date, mostly used)
- Hide apps from the drawer
- Lock your desktop to prevent accidental changes
- Enjoy homescreen gestures (pinch, swipe up/down, double tap)
- Advanced theme engine (icon packs, skins, etc.)
- Backup/restore settings and data
- Optimized for both phones and tablets
- Lots of other customization options!
- Powerful drawer customizations (unlimited drawer tabs, folders in drawer)
- Unread count notifications (provided by Apex Notifier)
- Dock swipe actions (swipe up and down actions)
- More gesture options (two-finger gestures)
- Additional transition effects (accordion, cross, etc.)
- Flexible theme options (ADW, LauncherPro, Go Launcher themes)
- Enhanced folder support (batch add, merge folders)
- Advanced widget options (widgets in dock, overlapping widgets)
- More features on the way!
Suggest/Vote for New Features
Search before posting new feature requests!
Apex Launcher Theme Tutorial
A good place to download some Apex themes: http://eseth.net/themes/android/apex-launcher
Apex Launcher Notifications API
Download & Install
Download from Google Play Store
Apex Launcher Pro
Download Stable Version APK
Apex Launcher APK
Download Beta Version APK
Apex Launcher Beta APK
Install as regular app (root not required)
adb install ApexLauncher.apk
Note: Due to limitations of the Android framework, you won't be able to add widgets from the app drawer without root access. If your device is rooted, please enable the Root Helper via Settings > Advanced settings > Enable Root Helper.
Install as system app (root required)
adb remount adb push ApexLauncher.apk /system/app
When Apex Launcher is installed as a system app, the Root Helper will be disabled automatically and the in-drawer widgets feature should work without it. If it doesn't, please reboot your device and try again.
- Pinch the screen to access screen previews (like Exposé or HTC Sense).
- Long press an icon to drag and drop it over another one to create a folder.
- Long press icons/folders on the desktop and choose edit from the popup menu to customize icons and labels.
- Drag, hover, and drop app icons over the delete button at the top of the screen to quickly uninstall apps.
- Long press an app in the hide apps list to quickly launch that app.
- Switch to single screen wallpaper mode to fix wallpaper zooming issues.
- Enable the Root Helper in advanced settings (root required) to add widgets from the drawer.
- ACCESS_SUPERUSER/BIND_APPWIDGET: Required to add widgets from the drawer (Android 4.0 only).
- CALL_PHONE: Create direct-dial shortcuts on the homescreen.
- EXPAND_STATUS_BAR/SET_WALLPAPER/SET_WALLPAPER_HINTS/VIBRATE: Standard launcher functions.
- GET_TASKS: Display warning about other running launcher applications.
- BLUETOOTH_ADMIN: Required for bluetooth settings shortcut on TouchWiz.
- INTERNET/ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Check for updates and anonymous usage/error reporting (optional).
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE/WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Backup/restore settings and data.
Frequently Asked Questions