• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Balkar

Mar 13, 2008
Québec, Québec
I deleted SPB to see if it does the same thing tonight.

I reinstalled from a clean install to see if the problem persists. It rebooted a few times but that has always been the case for me when i flashed the 2.9.1.

I did not use Titanium backup, reinstalled everything from the market.

---------- Post added at 01:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 AM ----------

Hey Leo, (Or any other dev working on the port)
on your ICS port your doing with your team, did you address the hyper sensitivity of the touchscreen display or ur using the same one were using on this XRON build with CM7?

Leoisright

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 22, 2010
MN
I reinstalled from a clean install to see if the problem persists. It rebooted a few times but that has always been the case for me when i flashed the 2.9.1.

I did not use Titanium backup, reinstalled everything from the market.

---------- Post added at 01:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 AM ----------

Hey Leo, (Or any other dev working on the port)
on your ICS port your doing with your team, did you address the hyper sensitivity of the touchscreen display or ur using the same one were using on this XRON build with CM7?

it's not a port. it a source build. its way way different. just trying to get all stuff working right now.

Leoisright

Dec 22, 2010
MN
ok guys...it's been quite a few good days for the touchpad community and android open source world.

We are all familiar with CM and Evervolv and the magic they bring to all the devices. Certainly a lot of you may not understand how much they bring to phones but I do. And it's a tremendous amount.

Most may already know that we were planning and are building from source aosp. This has a huge advantage with only some setbacks. The advantage of having CM and Evervolv fork off communication to one another is a huge step for us. Also, this will provide exactly what Dalingrin was saying before. True open source mentality.

It's not who does what first, it's more about you guys getting the best support when something is released. With CM opening up source, allows all of us to review source and help make commits to fix the smaller bugs.

For example, static wallpaper. We knew that by changing numbers on the build.prop we could get the wallpaper to work. Tommy figured it out that it was the dalvik heap size not being set in the build.prop. Instead of just changing the build.prop, he was able to change it in source to call for the correct settings to be placed in the build.prop. Then, he was able to submit it to the gerrit for preludedrew to review and commit the changes. Now when we repo from source, it will automatically have the correct settings be placed in there when we go to compile. This may sound confusing but it really isn't.

This is what Dalingrin was referring to. We need to work together on small and large problems to help figure out the problem, then change it in the source so we all can see the problem disappear.

This is fantastic news for the entire community. We all believe in breaking down the walls of communication. Little did we each know, the other person was just as interested in this. This is why it's important we stop the us vs. them talks in all threads. Not only in xda and rootzwiki, but also in the irc channels.

It would be foolish for me to sit here and say anything bad about great developers as much as them saying I can't bring anything to the table. Well, I may not have the ability to write lib files or bins, but certainly understand scripting, base building, porting,ramdisk edits, team building, and init.d scripts enough to make a lot of roms run much better and smoother or why is ther 810,000 views on this thread and over 50,000 downloads? And certainly CM team and Evervolv are much higher in some cases. The bigger questions should be, why weren't we all working together from the beginning?

Now that we have source working better, we can see better things.

So this is all I ask. Be kind, don't ask for eta's, or go start threads of why should you run our rom over Evervolvs or CM, or the other way around, but to read the OP, the read 20 pages before you ask a question to make sure it isn't answered, to be polite, to not troll. To be a community where Dalingrin will feel welcome to answer questions in here as much as I in his in rootzwiki. Don't push us with dumb questions or you will hear "no support given" attitudes.

So I leave these next steps up to you. Are you going to be appreciative, buy the developers a beer (yes, all of them) and say thanks for spending hundreds of hours working on roms to make my $100 tablet eat iPads for breakfast, OR are you gonna troll and think you can bring us to our knees. (hint, the later will never happen)

Peace out
~leo

Last edited:

bit1

Jul 28, 2008
To teamwork! Damn Leo, you made my eyes drip! and i will buy you all a beer next Friday payday

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

Reactions: Leoisright

wingzero

Jan 23, 2007
Amend to that, my friend. I am very appreciated for all the developers that bring life to a device that were DOA. And I hope everyone understand what TEAM stands for--Together Each and everyone Achieve More.

Reactions: Leoisright

isanrap

May 7, 2010
Go team touchpad :) I am happy that all devs have come together and gives me the confidence that we are gonna have rocking roms for our touchpad. Thanks leo for the info.

Sent from my touchpad using tapatalk

worm9110

Apr 28, 2009
ok guys...it's been quite a few good days for the touchpad community and android open source world.

We are all familiar with CM and Evervolv and the magic they bring to all the devices. Certainly a lot of you may not understand how much they bring to phones but I do. And it's a tremendous amount.

Most may already know that we were planning and are building from source aosp. This has a huge advantage with only some setbacks. The advantage of having CM and Evervolv fork off communication to one another is a huge step for us. Also, this will provide exactly what Dalingrin was saying before. True open source mentality.

It's not who does what first, it's more about you guys getting the best support when something is released. With CM opening up source, allows all of us to review source and help make commits to fix the smaller bugs.

For example, static wallpaper. We knew that by changing numbers on the build.prop we could get the wallpaper to work. Tommy figured it out that it was the dalvik heap size not being set in the build.prop. Instead of just changing the build.prop, he was able to change it in source to call for the correct settings to be placed in the build.prop. Then, he was able to submit it to the gerrit for preludedrew to review and commit the changes. Now when we repo from source, it will automatically have the correct settings be placed in there when we go to compile. This may sound confusing but it really isn't.

This is what Dalingrin was referring to. We need to work together on small and large problems to help figure out the problem, then change it in the source so we all can see the problem disappear.

This is fantastic news for the entire community. We all believe in breaking down the walls of communication. Little did we each know, the other person was just as interested in this. This is why it's important we stop the us vs. them talks in all threads. Not only in xda and rootzwiki, but also in the irc channels.

It would be foolish for me to sit here and say anything bad about great developers as much as them saying I can't bring anything to the table. Well, I may not have the ability to write lib files or bins, but certainly understand scripting, base building, porting,ramdisk edits, team building, and init.d scripts enough to make a lot of roms run much better and smoother or why is ther 810,000 views on this thread and over 50,000 downloads? And certainly CM team and Evervolv are much higher in some cases. The bigger questions should be, why weren't we all working together from the beginning?

Now that we have source working better, we can see better things.

So this is all I ask. Be kind, don't ask for eta's, or go start threads of why should you run our rom over Evervolvs or CM, or the other way around, but to read the OP, the read 20 pages before you ask a question to make sure it isn't answered, to be polite, to not troll. To be a community where Dalingrin will feel welcome to answer questions in here as much as I in his in rootzwiki. Don't push us with dumb questions or you will hear "no support given" attitudes.

So I leave these next steps up to you. Are you going to be appreciative, buy the developers a beer (yes, all of them) and say thanks for spending hundreds of hours working on roms to make my $100 tablet eat iPads for breakfast, OR are you gonna troll and think you can bring us to our knees. (hint, the later will never happen)

Peace out
~leo

Well said. Leo, thanks for all you have done and creating a team that will bring the TP new highs. I'm a big advocate of open source, team work and sharing of information. This couldn't be a better community to spend fun with.

VDub2174

Jul 22, 2010
Well said Leo!! I will be sure to donate to the development as soon as I can. I really do appreciate everything you guys do and I'm glad to be part of a community that likes to help eachother out :)

Sent from my Android powered HP Touchpad

Joker Fuel

Mar 10, 2011
Come on guys. Lets just drop this cm9 thing. There's enough other threads that's dedicated to it.

Anyways leo, when you're compiling. Boot animation is shifted btw. Image needs to be rotated clockwise and resolution needs to be swapped for it to Orient correctly. Just in case you already didn't know

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Leoisright

Dec 22, 2010
MN
Come on guys. Lets just drop this cm9 thing. There's enough other threads that's dedicated to it.

Anyways leo, when you're compiling. Boot animation is shifted btw. Image needs to be rotated clockwise and resolution needs to be swapped for it to Orient correctly. Just in case you already didn't know

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

well, i've tried it the other way and doesn't look as good. we'll get it hammered out...

Last edited:
Reactions: spf2722

Leoisright

Dec 22, 2010
MN
Can everyone PLEASE read the title of this thread before posting. This is a XRON thread. There are about 10 cm9 threads now for all the cm9 talk. Thanks.

Leo thanks for keeping such a great attitude through all this b.s. Keep up the great work. Can't wait to see what everyone can do with all the collaboration and positive attitude.

no worries. compiling a build right now that i hope can be released to the beta team tomorrow..just need the rest of the team to see it first..so maybe tomorrow night the testers will have something to play with.

Thanks to branching with cm/evervolv the source is now working much stronger. Cutos to everyone involved.

* working sound
* working wifi
* working orientation
* working static wallpaper change

Not working

* camera
* mic
* and probably video hd..hope to dive in to this one.

~leo

Last edited:

isanrap

May 7, 2010
no worries. compiling a build right now that i hope can be released to the beta team tomorrow..just need the rest of the team to see it first..so maybe tomorrow night the testers will have something to play with.

Thanks to branching with cm/evervolv the source is now working much stronger. Cutos to everyone involved.

* working sound
* working wifi
* working orientation

Not working

* camera
* mic

~leo

Well I wanted atleast one ics rom to release soon. But getting my hands on two that to in a same week is :-D its legendary. Thanks for the info leo. My humble bow to all the devs for their work.

Sent from my touchpad using tapatalk

rkaede

* working sound
* working wifi
* working orientation

Not working

* camera
* mic

~leo

wow thats amazing. can't wait !!

sent from my cm9A0 Touchpad using Tapatalk

flashypants

Jul 21, 2010

* working sound
* working wifi
* working orientation

Not working

* camera
* mic

~leo

Dammit, I'm away from wifi for the next couple of days! :( I hate knowing something so amazing is being released and I can't get to it! Lol

Congratulations to all teams involved, when I get some cash I'll buy all the team leaders some jugs of beer and they can each poor a pint for their team members :)

Go Team Open Source (maybe team XRONivolved CM ;)

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

*Photo by jzen*

First and foremost there is a huge amount of credit that goes to Cyanogen(mod) for getting us Android booting up on the Touchpad. There are some small tweaks made to it to give a speed boost.

For those having issues with wifi, please click HEREor HERE for information regarding the HP Touchpad connectivity issues. PLEASE DON"T COMMENT IN THREAD OVER ALREADY KNOWN ISSUES...

Please read this page before you decide to ask a questions in the thread. While we are all willing to help, please understand that it may have been asked many times before. READ HERE

LINK

This is debloated and fast...

Changelog 1/3/2012

* Fixed Browser install
    * Fixed Terminal install
    * Fixed HP Printer app
    * Fixed Quickpic
    * Added Sportscaster (cool tablet app)
    * Added ICS Launcher
    * Added weather widget
    * Updated all apps in Market
    * This is a system pull from my touchpad with everything working. If anything doesn't work please report so we can address them. This is slightly bloated but look at reverendkjr's YouTube video in post 2 for a how to uninstall.

If you are coming from vB2.9 deodex, you simply wipe cache and dalvik, flash and reboot.

If you are coming from Odex you have two options.

* Factory reset and wipe cache/dalvik, reboot recovery and flash rom. Preferred.
    or
    * Using root explorer app, goto system/app and delete the browser odex and terminal odex files then you can wipe cache/dalvik, reboot recovery, and flash ROM.

It's known that the system may reboot a couple times after you set it up. Let it settle in and the reboots should stop. It's still organizing the system some. If it continues, please report it.

This is smooth as butta.....

Changelog 1/1/2012

You must factory reset and wipe all for vB2.9. Too many edits to flash on top. Also, its best to reinstall apps one by one not use backup for optimal experience. The more you wipe, the better you will be. Reboot after you set up to activate the sq mods.

Changelog 12/25/2011

* This has bloat. either deal with it, or don't download...please don't ask anymore how to debloat. This has been covered many many times.
    * For some, after you set up gmail, market app icon will apear, if not, reboot and should take care of it.
    * Odex app (allows you to odex it yourself)
    * Google Music built for the tablet
    * ICS google search
    * Syndicate ICS launcher (additional)
    * DolphinHD Browser
    * Wifi Buddy and wifi toggle widget
    * Removed Stock Browser
    * Remove Gallary3D replace with Quickpic
    * Odexed now
    * ICS menu soft keys (stock sdk)
    * Different keyboard (blue and better in my oppinion)
    * New battery icons (thanks to HO!NO! CM7 rom)
    (also thanks to jbird for pointing this rom out to me, team syndicate for making a sweet rom)
    * Zipalign system, data, and framework on boot FINALLY!
    * Increased Net buffer tweaks
    * Read ahead sets to 3072
    * Moved Dalvik-cache to /cache now on boot
    * Updated all apks
    * Market 3.4.4
    * Internet Speed Tweaks
    * Disabled IO Stats
    * Defrags database files
    * ICS Nexus bootanimation
    * Tweak build.prop
    * Added File Manager to support apps in system
    * Tweaked media.profile more for better response
    * 1% battery mod (thanks hurtz777)
    * Flashable thru recovery now
    * Fix SOD issue
    * Default allow unknown apps to install
    * Opted pngs

**Huge props to MiSfit for helping me understand and getting these tweaks working right.

Screen Shots belows

screenshot-1324533389880.jpgscreenshot-1324533403189.jpgscreenshot-1324533418746.jpg

Special Thanks

==================================================================================================

To all those who donate Thank you!, CM team, TMartin, Myn, Virus, Misfit, tommytomatoe, dalgarin, hurtz777, ickna11, Chubbzlou, zone23, Team Syndicate, jzen

==================================================================================================

For those who choose to continue and use this fine ROM, its at your risk. It has been tested over and over. :)

There has been an over whelming amound of emails, PM, requesting the link to be brought back. So now that you have it, enjoy it please. Just remember, tons of hours were invested.

For those who would like to donate, it's greatly appreciated. if you don't, hit the thanks button. well over 35,000 downloads happened in a couple short weeks so we know it's popular. I love my TP and will continue to work on this. Just remember, if you are here to complain about why I included Apps you don't use, move on! If you are here to b*tch, move on! If you are here to help, you are welcome to stay for the long haul :)
    MD5 Matches and Installation instructions

vB2.9.1 ODEX MD5 a4215ee386e41bebfa3275eaf3615b50
    vB2.9 MD5 efeaf1ef30d449c51c8b4ddec3197f7e
    vB2.8 Odexed(bloat) MD5 a847b65681be7c938ae3c891d25bc689
    vB2.7 Odexed MD5 5a8a79fdff580886658d96e356837039
    vB2.6 Debloated MD5 332106236cfe0dde197079e51d60e081
    vB2.5 MD5 af46f82032570bc7209f2b0205bcf46f
    vB2.2. MD5 32515d750cd9bcd8a1f80550b28e48f8
    vB2.1 MD5 bbb1276a71e3c3cfaecda4098dc66f76
    vB2 MD5 e60b94c2a47ce420fff255f4c01b94db
    vB1.3 MD5 a0ba756a7d1b975f92bab04aab889926
    vB1.2 MD5 03133cd42a35a8d14b56acace3188bd5
    vB1.1 MD5 1ae6f193cdd5bc01e90be3551b326c4c
    vB1.0 MD5 ba668ff0406abee58a818655c9599284
    v3.3.2 MD5 ec248f582a3ba2b092274781d5174d8a
    v3.3.1 MD5 5b736410e76d8653b43849b3da7b9160
    v3.3 MD5 80f9c448f0b9dd78c8243312b68b3f15

Thanks to Krunk for making a very nice Q&A section. Please refer to this before asking any questions that may be covered by his thread found HERE

Video from our favorite YouTube specialist...Reverendkjr

Video how to remove bloat from specialist....Reverandkjr

Installation instructions:

1) Download the latest version either on your Touchpad or computer
    2) If you already have CM7 or XRONified installed, place the above zip on the root directory of your Touchpad
    3) Reboot in to recovery
    4) Wipe cache AND dalvik cache (under advanced menu option)
    5) Flash zip. (if you are coming from CM7 you MUST wipe factory reset/cache/dalvik first)

If you do not have Android on your Touchpad you will need to do this.

1) Make sure you have novacom drivers installed on your computer
    2) Download the ROM of your choosing and rename to update-cm-xronified.zip
    3) Boot your Touchpad in to webOS and mount the USB port
    4) Create a folder called cminstall (do not capitalize0
    5) Put moboot 0.3.5 inside cmintall folder (Download HERE)
    6) put update-cwm-tenderloin-1012.zip inside cminstall folder
    7) Place the renamed ROM inside cminstall folder
    8) Download ACMEInstaller and ACMEUninstaller from HERE
    9) unmount USB and reboot, hold volume up key and power button at the same time until it gets to bootloader mode (USB symbol)
    10) go to where you have your novacom drivers and folder (usually c://program files (x86)/HP webOS/SDK/bin and open command window by holding yoru shift key and right click in that window, select open command window here option.
    11) type the following at the command prompt

novacom boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller

It will install the latest ROM via acmeinstaller...

Please read and use this method before you PM me or flood the thread with how to install questions.

Thanks,
    ~leo

Edit.
    link to clear out moboot menu

Flash this link to clear moboot ics and cyanogenmod option...
    Here is the link to method2madness YouTube video

You Tube SPB 3d Shell LINK

Thank him plenty for putting this up there...
    32GB Touchpad is on its way to Misfit, ETA 12/30.
    thanks for clarifying.

There's a weird you vs them vibe going on which I hope doesn't last. I would prefer everyone contribute to the source for the Touchpad project in general rather furthing their own projects. My intention in releasing the source code is not for folks to fork and their own "roms." My intention is for the community to embrace the open source code in a healthy way.

There are many @ the xda community that do not understand where/who much of the work to make these devices run Android comes from. I don't expect everyone to understand git commits and source changes but I do think its time for this community to mature a bit in this regard. There needs to be more upstream code cooperation. A lot of people here preach open source but they do not seem to actually want to use it in a healthy way.

I hope to see many peoples name in the commit logs for the Touchpad rather than just myself and a few others.

I'm not trying to single you out in particular, just would like to get this point across to everyone.

I normally wouldn't make a post like this and would just go about my business, but I think sleep deprivation from working on the Touchpad has gotten the best of me.