FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

 View Poll Results: Would you like the text at the top or bottom of the boot animation?

Top
 
105 Vote(s)
40.70%
Bottom
 
153 Vote(s)
59.30%

[NIGHTLY][2.3.7][UPDATED 17/01] CyanogenMod 7.2 for Huawei U8150 [UNNOFFICIAL]

1,607 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,584
 
By tilal6991, Inactive Recognized Developer on 20th March 2011, 11:02 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th January 2012, 03:32 PM |#3471  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Alon can you please post a newer build of cm 7 which incorporates light sensor.

Thank you
 
 
19th January 2012, 03:42 PM |#3472  
aorth's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nairobi, Kenya
Thanks Meter: 2,000
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJSmith3rd

This is probably not directly related to the Ideos Dev Team ROMs but has anyone experienced toasts changing from app names to package names and is there a solution?

What are "toasts?"
19th January 2012, 04:06 PM |#3473  
GJSmith3rd's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 50
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aorth

What are "toasts?"

Toasts are pop up messages like you can get from the SuperUser app to let you know when another app has requested root privileges. Sometimes apps allow you to configure for toasts or notifications. Anyway I discovered that only one app, Juice Defender Beta, has package names instead of app names in it's toasts so I will just disregard the bug. Thanks.

~~ VM Micro Cruz PT701/T105 Tapatalk ~~
19th January 2012, 09:53 PM |#3474  
aorth's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nairobi, Kenya
Thanks Meter: 2,000
 
More
January 17, 2012 Nightly
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyedAnique

Alon can you please post a newer build of cm 7 which incorporates light sensor.

Thank you

Yep, I tried to post one yesterday but XDA was down to show their disapproval of controversial Internet censorship legislation in the USA. I posted the download link on Twitter, so a few lucky people saw it.

Here you go: update-cm-7.2-nightly-Jan17-u8150.zip (md5sum: 9a608be48402fd3d26c534fdb1597296)

It has the "working" auto brightness, a new kernel with a kernel panic fix, some touchscreen fixes, and dithering on by default (a bit nicer colors, especially grays).

Cheers!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to aorth For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aorth Ad-Free
19th January 2012, 10:13 PM |#3475  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Alan do you think is reccomended upgrade to the latest version of your nightly? or 5december version is good yet?
20th January 2012, 06:07 AM |#3476  
Senior Member
Flag Johannesburg
Thanks Meter: 86
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aorth

Yep, I tried to post one yesterday but XDA was down to show their disapproval of controversial Internet censorship legislation in the USA. I posted the download link on Twitter, so a few lucky people saw it.

Here you go: update-cm-7.2-nightly-Jan17-u8150.zip (md5sum: 9a608be48402fd3d26c534fdb1597296)

It has the "working" auto brightness, a new kernel with a kernel panic fix, some touchscreen fixes, and dithering on by default (a bit nicer colors, especially grays).

Cheers!

thanks
can i ask whats not working on the 7.2 nightly?
20th January 2012, 07:58 AM |#3477  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Thank you for the rom. I did not find any major bug in dec 5 build. I use U8150 with dec 5 build as my daily driver.

There were some minor bug like the water live wallpaper not displaying properly. Where as it worked on stock rom.

I do not understand why the cm team not including our device as an officially supported device. It got cm6, now cm7 and in the future cm9.
20th January 2012, 03:04 PM |#3478  
aorth's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nairobi, Kenya
Thanks Meter: 2,000
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyedAnique

Thank you for the rom. I did not find any major bug in dec 5 build. I use U8150 with dec 5 build as my daily driver.

There were some minor bug like the water live wallpaper not displaying properly. Where as it worked on stock rom.

I do not understand why the cm team not including our device as an officially supported device. It got cm6, now cm7 and in the future cm9.

Well, we were merged to the CyanogenMod repositories... so we're "official".

The thing is, none of the CyanogenMod developers have the U8150 device, so there's no way they can "support" it. That responsibility falls on me (and tilal, marcnvidic, etc). I have a job and a family... so there's only so much I can do on supporting U8150!

Also there are things I don't know how to fix. I'm not a magician... hahaha.
20th January 2012, 04:11 PM |#3479  
Senior Member
Flag Genoa
Thanks Meter: 459
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aorth

Well, we were merged to the CyanogenMod repositories... so we're "official".

The thing is, none of the CyanogenMod developers have the U8150 device, so there's no way they can "support" it. That responsibility falls on me (and tilal, marcnvidic, etc). I have a job and a family... so there's only so much I can do on supporting U8150!

Also there are things I don't know how to fix. I'm not a magician... hahaha.


i'm trying to fixing audio issue but i've a strong wall in front me damn huawei!
20th January 2012, 06:23 PM |#3480  
Member
Flag Rijeka
Thanks Meter: 2
 
Donate to Me
More
hi aorth,

i've just installed the latest nightly, and it seems that automatic backlight fix has also fixed the background light of softkeys which would go dark only 1-2 seconds after the press.

but i have a problem, when i do an advanced restore of my "data", my wlan does not work anymore! when i turn it on i doesn't scan for networks and then after a few seconds it automaticaly turns itself off!! on a clean ROM install it works ok.
do you have any idea how could i fix this because i don't want to install and setup everything all over again. thanks

and thanks for your work on this great ROM!
The Following User Says Thank You to djjoza For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djjoza Ad-Free
20th January 2012, 06:48 PM |#3481  
veer1238's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 452
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djjoza

hi aorth,

i've just installed the latest nightly, and it seems that automatic backlight fix has also fixed the background light of softkeys which would go dark only 1-2 seconds after the press.

but i have a problem, when i do an advanced restore of my "data", my wlan does not work anymore! when i turn it on i doesn't scan for networks and then after a few seconds it automaticaly turns itself off!! on a clean ROM install it works ok.
do you have any idea how could i fix this because i don't want to install and setup everything all over again. thanks

and thanks for your work on this great ROM!

Try editing manualy wpa_supplicant.conf in /data/misc/wifi using any root file browser.

sent from my U8150 using my thumb!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to veer1238 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift veer1238 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm7, cyanogenmod, gingerman, ideos, u8150
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes