FORUMS

Disable system update notification, SOLVED

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By hamici, Junior Member on 19th January 2012, 04:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Finally I found a way to disable gingerbread system update notification which is annoying to the user specifically with an non rootable update like .62,

Use Rom Toolbox app or any other app that has the capability to disable an application to freeze the system update application then reboot the device, the notification will disappear.

Zoubir,

Sent from my MT15i using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to hamici For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hamici Ad-Free
20th January 2012, 09:09 AM |#2  
Flag Mykolayiv
Thanks Meter: 3,703

More
If you have ROOT, you can use Root Explorer or ES Explorer and go to phone memory system/app/ and delete/rename UpdateCenter.apk or you can freeze this application in Titanium backup application.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MaxWorks For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MaxWorks Ad-Free
23rd January 2012, 04:25 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxWorks

If you have ROOT, you can use Root Explorer or ES Explorer and go to phone memory system/app/ and delete/rename UpdateCenter.apk or you can freeze this application in Titanium backup application.

Yes, this what I said. Freezing the update app will disable the update notification

23rd January 2012, 06:14 PM |#4  
Flag newcastle upon tyne
Thanks Meter: 3,845

Donate to Me
More
62 is rootable bro

4th September 2012, 02:28 PM |#5  
Flag Örebro
Thanks Meter: 0

More