Leather case left scuff marks all over my NT

Search This thread

TheJanks

Jan 7, 2012
OH wow, talk about timing - I was just asking this exact case in another thread on this very forum. Sorry to hear about that - hopefully you left a note in the reviews to warn others.

ntxda

Jan 20, 2012
thanks for the warning, was going to pick up one of these since there's a ton of positive reviews for the nook color

madlove02

Dec 30, 2011
Ugh thanks for the heads up. I checked mine and found 2 tiny marks. It's such a secured case though so I just taped the sides.

gammaworks

Dec 10, 2011
Ugh thanks for the heads up. I checked mine and found 2 tiny marks. It's such a secured case though so I just taped the sides.

Same here. Looks ugly when I take the device out of the case. But at the end of the day, I don't worry too much about it. I mean it is gonna always stay inside the case for me, ugly marks are all hidden.

Liora

Jan 20, 2012
I had this problem just leaving the nook in the box it came in. Where the microfiber was sitting on it, the edge turned black and scuffed. It's an unfortunate material choice. Probably better off to keep it in one in a case that covers the edges, so you won't ever see it.

Feb 20, 2011
Wow I bought the same case and got the same marks.
I also tried alcohol. Im at my wits end. Almost tempted to use some kind if abraisive, but dont want to hurt my nook's finish. :(

I bought this case:

I ended up returning it. It's a nice case, but it left scuff marks all over my NT. I haven't been able to remove the marks with Goo-Gone or isopropyl alcohol. Any ideas on how to clean the NT?

kbitz

Dec 27, 2010
So, I bypassed this issue after hearing about the stain issue on the Roocase from this thread.

So, to get around the problem, I got an Otterbox Commuter, and put velcro on the back of it. It gives me Otterbox-level protection with the ability to have a stand that will hold it in portrait or landscape mode. Since the stand originally just uses velcro for this it functions exactly as it originally did.

I just got vecro adhesive tape from the local WalMart and put 2 strips on the middle part of the back of the Otterbox.

One thing I like about the case is that it has a little pocket that fits a microfiber screen cleaner cloth in a small plastic envelope.

Top Liked Posts