[APP/SKN][Beta][CE 5.0/6.0] ceFFM - A Fingerfriendly Menu (Shell) for Sat Nav's

1,740 posts
Thanks Meter: 649

By jwoegerbauer, Senior Member on 29th November 2011, 06:51 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th January 2012, 10:34 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
I will research Activesync and see if my HU can establish that connection.

I might need to pick up a M-M usb cable from the store.

Thanks again jwoegerbauer for the reply. it was worth a try...

21st January 2012, 05:45 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi jwoegerbauer, I have just downloaded and when I can I´ll try to install on my Chiness GPS with Windows Embedded 6.0, and I´ll post here the result. Thanks.
29th January 2012, 05:44 AM |#13  

More
Smile Great Program:)
I just downloaded and installed the program today on my chinese double din car unit, this is a really awesome program.
I have one small question.
Is there a way to change the path of the IGO icon to point to my navigation software?
Right now I have to exit ceFFM and then change the path in Wince to boot into IGO.

Thanks
29th January 2012, 07:45 AM |#14  
OP Senior Member

More
Changing path to an external app
The path to an external application as this is the case with iGO too is defined in a related shortcut-file to be found in <installdrive>\ceFFM\programs. Please modify there the path.
For your convenience you might use Win32 freeware CeNotepad - ActiveSync connection required.
The Following User Says Thank You to jwoegerbauer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jwoegerbauer Ad-Free
29th January 2012, 11:28 AM |#15  

More
Talking Adding new icons
I have tested it and it works ok. It is very friendly and have e very good aspect. Very good job. Thanks.

I have a question, is there any way to add new icons to an extrenal application?.
29th January 2012, 01:25 PM |#16  
OP Senior Member

More
Adding/Deleting icons to external applications
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGVTGPS

I have a question, is there any way to add new icons to an extrenal application?

Of course.

1) Adding: You simply add to
a) folder <installdrive>\ceFFM\icons\extern an icon you created - a template is to be found in folder <installdrive>\ceFFM\icons (BlankSR.png)
b) folder <installdrive>\ceFFM\programs a shortcut-file to the external application, you might create with Win32 freeware nueShortcutMaker - ActiveSync connection recommended
c) the menu's page you want to extend (ex. Favorites => script-file <installdrive>\ceFFM\favorites.cmenu) an additional entry like this
Code:
<Button img="icons\extern\QuranSR.png" action="programs\PocketIslam.lnk" params="" />
2) Deleting: basically same logic as Adding an icon, but simply reverse.
The Following User Says Thank You to jwoegerbauer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jwoegerbauer Ad-Free
30th January 2012, 06:35 AM |#17  

More
I figured it out
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoegerbauer

The path to an external application as this is the case with iGO too is defined in a related shortcut-file to be found in <installdrive>\ceFFM\programs. Please modify there the path.
For your convenience you might use Win32 freeware CeNotepad[/URL] - ActiveSync connection required.

Because ceFFM is installed on a SD card in my car unit, I was able to bring the card in the house and use my desktop to make the changes.
It took me a few trys but I figured it out.
I deleted your icon in the programs folder and created a new one with the correct path using nueShortcutMaker.
Everything works fine now
Thanks for your help.
30th January 2012, 10:13 AM |#18  
OP Senior Member

More
Starting / Killing applications before ceFFM starts
A feature not evident at first glance. How to activate it?

ceFMM gets started via "<flashdrive>\ceFFMLaunch.exe" ( simply a renamed TULL.exe - by Dack ) which reads an .INI-file to find out what commands to perform. This .INI-file is the place you can stop and/or start applications prior ceFFM gets started. For example

1) to start the RAM-cleaner that comes with ceFFM, you would add to "<flashdrive>\ceFFMLaunch.ini" a line such as
Code:
W "\NandFlash\ceFFM\program files\ce-utils\RAM Sweeper\RAMSweeper.exe"
2) to stop AppXXX that runs by default on your Sat Nav, but you think it is senseless to have this application running (which besides is RAM and CPU wasting), you would add to "<flashdrive>\ceFFMLaunch.ini" a line such as
Code:
Z AppXXX.exe
Important: NEVER KILL SAT NAV's DEFAULT SHELL, this because if exiting ceFFM you land in the nirwana. IMO a good candidate for killing is "DW.exe" (Dr.Watson watchdog application) which is present at many CE 6.0 based units.
31st January 2012, 03:12 PM |#19  

More
the most important app for our devices ;)
subscribing to this thread....
7th February 2012, 01:37 AM |#20  

More
Thumbs up
Wow, I have been looking for something like this for last 2 weeks, hope it works with my new Innovatek72 gps that is on its way, can`t wait to get it all installed and running
will report back as soon as I get to play with it
7th February 2012, 10:07 PM |#21  

More
CEFFM Problem
Hi Thanks for your excellent work. I do however seem to be having a problem. I have a Chinese 7" D-Din unit that has an SD card for the GPS program. I unzipped CEFFM, installed the file (unchanged) to the card and inserted the card to the unit. I directed the navigation button to the new path of storage card/ceffm/ceffm.exe. I started the Nav. and the screen went grey with a message saying it was installed ok,next I got a new screen saying 'welcome you to the inside' it appears to be loading as a progress bar moves along the bottom, when the progress bar has completed (2-3 seconds) the screen returns to my original Nav. options screen. Each subsequent press of the Nav. button repeats all of the above. I have tried re-directing the SD path to ceffmlaunch.exe which did nothing different but changing to ceffmmenu.exe did bring up the shell program but a lot of the CE programs don't seem to run from there. Do you have any suggestions? This would be brilliant to have working on my unit. Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ceffm, wince

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)