Thanks Meter: 9,141

By Calkulin, Recognized Developer on 1st July 2010, 06:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st January 2012, 04:58 PM |#3211  
Flag South Chicago Burbs, IL
Thanks Meter: 506

More
Update to my new radio problem:

Seems to be that the radio combo pack that cmonster put together (zip for recovery) worked but the bootloader version did not for some reason. Everything is working fine now. Thanks.

Just need the new kernel now, although I'll probably stick with the AnthraX kernel I've been running (best on my phone for my Evo). Thanks for the hard work you guys do for us! :thumbup:

Sent from my Modded Classic Evo... It's easier this way.

21st January 2012, 05:03 PM |#3212  
Thanks Meter: 584

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmacevad

Update to my new radio problem:

Seems to be that the radio combo pack that cmonster put together (zip for recovery) worked but the bootloader version did not for some reason. Everything is working fine now. Thanks.

Just need the new kernel now, although I'll probably stick with the AnthraX kernel I've been running (best on my phone for my Evo). Thanks for the hard work you guys do for us! :thumbup:

Sent from my Modded Classic Evo... It's easier this way.

Yeah very unlikely the new ota kernel will come close to battery life with that one
21st January 2012, 05:17 PM |#3213  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
updated by bootloader and worked great with slight increase in signal strength from 0ne bar to two / three bars in same location. only changed radios and did not change rom or kernal.
21st January 2012, 05:34 PM |#3214  
Retired Moderator / Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Bensalem, PA
Thanks Meter: 22,603

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonsterf50

My goodness Captain you've been busy. Any chance you've extracted the new kernel too? I've been trying to figure out how ... and I'm getting no where. Probably because I'm super sick and feel like passing out, but I'm bored at the same time. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronartest2005

Anyone had any luck pulling the new kernel?

I don't think so, not yet. But then again, I haven't tried yet either. I don't really know how to do it, but if I have some time after shoveling the snow outside, I'll fire up Ubuntu and give it a shot. It's supposed to be pretty easy, using koush's AnyKernel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronartest2005

That'd be awesome!, I am just interested if the battery life would *really* be any better.

Success!!

Kernel_OTA_4.67.651.3

I don't think the kernel alone will fix the issues we have with the 2.3.5 ROMs (like all Sense 3.5 ROMs) - I think a lot of those fixes likely lie in the ramdisk, which this kernel doesn't include. You'll have to wait until your favorite dev updates that .

Thanks to Koush for the AnyKernel template that made this very easy, and brad560 for his updated stock ROM from which I pulled the updated libs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-01-21_11-25-24.jpg
Views:	3530
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	866154  
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Captain_Throwback For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st January 2012, 06:23 PM |#3215  
Houston
Thanks Meter: 370

More
Captain_Throwback, sir you are a monster! thank you for all you have done the past 2 days.
The Following User Says Thank You to brad560 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift brad560 Ad-Free
21st January 2012, 06:32 PM |#3216  
Flag So Cal HI Desert
Thanks Meter: 83

Donate to Me
More
Lucky guys ny phone won't read PC36IMG file. So I'm sol for now lol have to flash via recovery.. keeps giving me the no image bs.. damn bootloader lol

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App
21st January 2012, 06:41 PM |#3217  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Everytime I try to flash this I get an "unknown command (firmware)" message. Perhaps its my recovery -Twrp
mikevo77
21st January 2012, 06:43 PM |#3218  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit713

Everytime I try to flash this I get an "unknown command (firmware)" message. Perhaps its my recovery -Twrp

It is. Get that thing of your phone before it becomes a

Rotten fruit is bad for you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1327167779771.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	866237  
21st January 2012, 06:43 PM |#3219  
Flag Bensalem, PA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit713

Are you talking about the radio? TWRP will not flash radio updates. You'll have to use the bootloader method or a different recovery .
21st January 2012, 06:45 PM |#3220  
Flag Bensalem, PA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmsjr123

Lucky guys ny phone won't read PC36IMG file. So I'm sol for now lol have to flash via recovery.. keeps giving me the no image bs.. damn bootloader lol

That's usually an SD card issue. My wife's wouldn't read any PC36IMG files either, so I had to reformat it. Now it works perfectly fine.
21st January 2012, 06:50 PM |#3221  
Flag So Cal HI Desert
Thanks Meter: 83

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback

That's usually an SD card issue. My wife's wouldn't read any PC36IMG files either, so I had to reformat it. Now it works perfectly fine.

Going to try that. Thanks for now off to the flashable zips lol

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)