Extended batteries

Search This thread

cougmeister

Feb 27, 2011
Can anyone confirm the consistency of the battery? Also, does the phone read the battery properly? I have a droid x as well and it doesn't read my extended battery right.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA App

cougmeister

Feb 27, 2011

becandl

Dec 25, 2011
Chicago
After some looking, I decided to order this one off of amazon. Apparently they make one for the Samsung GS2 and people seem to get good results from it. Ordered a case from them too (to save on shipping) to try to cut up to work with the battery. Ill post pics if Im successful.

Battery (they sell a 2 pack also)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006VAP102/ref=oh_o01_s00_i01_details

Case w/ Screen Protector
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005OPKYVG/ref=oh_o01_s00_i00_details

Let us know how the battery works, I'm definitely interested.

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

Anyone hear anything about these: http://www.amazon.com/Hyperion-Battery-Charger-Compatible-Raider/dp/B0062D7GS8? Looks like it includes a charger to charge them out of the phone, I might pick it up...

flasozzi

Jan 19, 2012
And how about those batteries with a replacement back cover? only see them in black but my phone is white, don't think would look nice at all.

lostsoul1

Jan 16, 2012
And how about those batteries with a replacement back cover? only see them in black but my phone is white, don't think would look nice at all.

I have a white vivid with the black expanded cover. It doesn't bother me.

Even though I cant get the damn apps to show me the correct info I know I'm getting 2 times the batt life if not more. The only real issue I have is trying to rig up a protective case. I was thinking of getting some hard silicone case and doing a little cutting. Might be a little strange.. but the extra batt life is nice for $13!

dah_veed

Mar 2, 2011
I just ordered a 3500mAh Extended Battery with a Cover from Newegg for only $12.99. it just appeared. unfortunately i'll not be able to use my case with it, but for more than double the battery i'll deal. I couldn't post a link, but it's by GTMax and had no reviews yet. I'll let y'all know how it works out for me when i receive it.

cougmeister

Feb 27, 2011
I just ordered the same one (GTmax) from amazon last week. Still waiting on it to come in. I'll post my thoughts on here once I get it as well.

Apatche69

Jul 18, 2010
Napa, CA
Let us know how the battery works, I'm definitely interested.

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

Anyone hear anything about these: http://www.amazon.com/Hyperion-Battery-Charger-Compatible-Raider/dp/B0062D7GS8? Looks like it includes a charger to charge them out of the phone, I might pick it up...

I have these batteries from hyperion. They are not much better than the stock battery but at least you get 2 of them plus an additional wall charger. For $25 it wasn't a loss and it's easy to just swap out the battery when you need to. I'm able to get about 20 hours with moderate to light use after I cycled them 5 times each. Running debloated stock rom ciq free. For $25 and free shipping at the time I bought them it was a pretty good deal. I hope that helps.

becandl

Dec 25, 2011
Chicago
Thanks! I just got them. I wasn't looking for a battery life increase, just the ability to swap out batteries when I run out. It works really well for me.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

cougmeister

Feb 27, 2011
Got my GTMax battery from amazon today. I'll keep you guys updated as I calibrate it. I'll also post pics when I get a chance.

cougmeister

Feb 27, 2011
Update - running off of charge when received (appx 75%) since 3pm yesterday and still sitting at 50%. So far its money well spent. The clips for the back cover are pretty fragile though.
4a8fc6ba-f24a-cb6c.jpg

Devin.Morris.007

Dec 17, 2011
Earth
On the stock battery, I can usually get a full day out of a charge with my regular use, which includes alot of texting, alot of facebook, and moderate amounts of web browsing, as well as the occasional phone call and youtube video. I also keep have a car charger in the car in case of emergency as well as a spare wall charger that I keep in my center console since when I travel my phone charger is usually one of those things I forget on my way out the door.

If I could get a larger battery that I could use the stock battery back with I would consider an upgrade. Ive also thought about the whole extra battery and charger route. I could never use a battery like the 3500mh though, mainly because when I sit my phone and my laptop on a flat surface, I perfer my phone to be the thinner of the 2. Id rather have to plug in for a few minutes in the car or whatever than have to deal with the extra bulk and weight in my pocket.

2lazy2day

Jan 2, 2012
Just recieved my 2000mah stock size battery. Fully charged out the box. Now to see if it actually out lasts the HTC stock battery. I'll report on performance in a couple days and a few charge cycles

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium

Reactions: cmerlyn

willgill

Aug 8, 2007
Dallas
I just got my 2000mah stock-size battery too. I am a bad tester though. I work my phone hard and randomly. Some days I burn the battery up before noon just yapping on the phone.

Weekends are I use the GPS and Bluetooth heartrate monitor with little talk.

I'll leave it up to those with consistent routines to test.

sent from my HTC Vivid using XDA app premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    have you tried this?
    I ordered one yesterday. I'll let you know.
    have you tried this?

It's shipping, hoping to see it before weeks end, I'll post back once i get it and get a few days out of it
    Just recieved my 2000mah stock size battery. Fully charged out the box. Now to see if it actually out lasts the HTC stock battery. I'll report on performance in a couple days and a few charge cycles

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium
    Thanks for the update! I was about to buy a pair but I think Ill hold off!

I picked up the Anker 2 1550mah + charger combo for $17 and it has performed well. I now have 3 batteries at my disposal and has not since have to worry about power usage. The Anker charger is actually pretty good as it has the 2 prong as well as micro usb input for power, it also has a regular usb out for power bypass so you can charge battery and another device at the same time.
    Mugen 3400 mAh Prelim Results

Did anybody try the mugen 3400 mah one? I'm thinking about getting one, a little pricey though... I don't want to do the same mistake I did with my old atrix when I bought 2 cheapo chinese replacement and turned out to be a lot worse than stock, also messed up my battery stats, even after I put back the stock one... Also I should look for a flexible bumper case to go with that.

Sent from my HTC Vivid via Tapatalk

I have the Mugen 3400 mAh battery. On the first cycle I got about 1.5 days. The second cycle was over the weekend when I didn't use it much. Got 2.5 days. On my third cycle now. Ran the music player for several hours yesterday and left WiFi on over night. Down to 52% after 24 hours. Will continue to test.

The special back is OK, but it tends to slip up just a little. Not really loose though.