How to get unlimited data!

Search This thread

chakra

Apr 9, 2005
No one is being exploited. We don't have little Verizon's working in sweat shops I order to produce my data at a lower rate. They offered a plan and did not vet their process properly therebye leaving an opportunity for people who are smart enough to figure it out. As it is still open they obviously don't care that much or even though they say they don't like it they are using it to lure over people from AT&T. I left AT&T after six years because of this opportunity,without itiwould have never left.

Last edited:

blestsol

Jul 24, 2010
Baltimore
Kills me how people think they can tell someone with unlimited data and unlimited tether that they pay for that they can't use it.

Brings a joyful tear to my eye lol.
How dare you use what you pay for when you want and how you want? You're supposed to just use 10 gigs a month.

Why get unlimited anything then?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

dragonrazorz

Jan 1, 2011
Lol i used 30gb last month
Kills me how people think they can tell someone with unlimited data and unlimited tether that they pay for that they can't use it.

Brings a joyful tear to my eye lol.
How dare you use what you pay for when you want and how you want? You're supposed to just use 10 gigs a month.

Why get unlimited anything then?

mac208x

Jun 13, 2009
Got my account 2 days ago when i called in they wouldmt let me get the unlimited hotspot coz you gotta be grandfathered into the unlimited data. Any ideas? Keep calling?

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D using XDA App

Reactions: bblanski

chakra

Apr 9, 2005
I would try again. Dont make a big deal of it on the phone, start by making some small talk, then just ask for the 4G hotspot for 30$, then when they find it ask , is that the unlimited one? then dont say anything else about unlimited data and just get it. I think it may work best if you have the two gigs for 30$ plan, because thats the same amount on screen as the unlimited plan so they may just not catch the dif.

nrfitchett4

Oct 12, 2009
San Antonio
I just cancelled my hotspot last night. Guess we'll see if they revert the line back to the double data 4gb.
The hotspot sucks, and so does wifi tether for me. I can pull down speed tests of 10-20gb down and 4-10gb up, but when using the hotspot or wireless tether, my speeds are slower, especially the uploads haven't been over 500kbps since I've been trying it out.
My time warner hotpsot might not be that fast on wimax, but its much more consistent and I can stream 2 devices without problem.

Those that are bragging about your tethering speeds, is that using it with usb/ or the actually hotspot, wireless tether?

Thadrow

Jan 24, 2008
I just cancelled my hotspot last night. Guess we'll see if they revert the line back to the double data 4gb.
The hotspot sucks, and so does wifi tether for me. I can pull down speed tests of 10-20gb down and 4-10gb up, but when using the hotspot or wireless tether, my speeds are slower, especially the uploads haven't been over 500kbps since I've been trying it out.
My time warner hotpsot might not be that fast on wimax, but its much more consistent and I can stream 2 devices without problem.

Those that are bragging about your tethering speeds, is that using it with usb/ or the actually hotspot, wireless tether?

Yeah, that happens to me too. Its weird , why does that happen?

Speed test on phone is 20mbps, on comp/ps3 8mb, not bad at all not complaining but anyone why that happens ?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

brisdaddy1207

Nov 12, 2010
Fowler
I wanted to apologize for my rant and language, I know it offended some and because I was in a bad mood I took it out on the people who help me the most. I'm very very sorry and I know this has nothing to do with the thread but this is where I wasn't being so nice. And hope some can forgive as I really need you guy's and women in my life you all have helped me in so many different way's. I promise to keep my mouth shut if I have nothing useful to add. And when I say you've helped me I mean in more ways then one. Saving me a lot of money to helping me not destroying a very expensive phone, plus you've all have been really nice to me. Plus I wouldn't know anything about software, hardware, and everything in between. So all I really wanted to say was I'm truly sorry.

fallenangel408

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 21, 2008
killagreens, CA
I wanted to apologize for my rant and language, I know it offended some and because I was in a bad mood I took it out on the people who help me the most. I'm very very sorry and I know this has nothing to do with the thread but this is where I wasn't being so nice. And hope some can forgive as I really need you guy's and women in my life you all have helped me in so many different way's. I promise to keep my mouth shut if I have nothing useful to add. And when I say you've helped me I mean in more ways then one. Saving me a lot of money to helping me not destroying a very expensive phone, plus you've all have been really nice to me. Plus I wouldn't know anything about software, hardware, and everything in between. So all I really wanted to say was I'm truly sorry.

thank u this means a lot if not to other readers to us moderators this is VERY GOOD sign indeed :D

bnguyen1983

Nov 21, 2010

Wifi tether, updating WoW right now at 2 MB/s.

Upload speeds off of speedtest.net says 7 Mbps

Grims

Dec 5, 2007
I've noticed wifi tether can be very slow if too close to another AP, regardless of channel settings.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

ajftl

Mar 30, 2010
Got it when tbolt came out. Wooohoooo

mac208x

Jun 13, 2009
Did this about a week ago and still got unlimited but I kept the hot spot just in case I will remove it next billing cycle. Called in like 3 times to confirm my features they never said anything that u can't have unlimited coz I started my contract about 1.5 weeks ago. I love loop holes. Att has a unlimited data loop too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA App

chakra

Apr 9, 2005
I knew it was still working, I can just hear how these people who are getting turned down are calling in.

Here are two wrong ways to do it.
1. Hi, I am calling to add feature code 112334242, its the unlimited data hotspot feature thats suposed to make it so I can have unlimited data even though I am not supposed to have it, will you add it for me?

2. Hi I want that Hotspot loophole that lets me get unlimited data even though I dont qualify for the loophole can you help me?

I even read one reply where the guy calling said to the rep "Hi I am calling to get the unlimited data hook up, am I to late?" :)

Crazy people.

OH and ATT did close their loophole, you can no longer activate origional iphones.

Last edited:

billygoat555

Jan 4, 2010
Did this about a week ago and still got unlimited but I kept the hot spot just in case I will remove it next billing cycle. Called in like 3 times to confirm my features they never said anything that u can't have unlimited coz I started my contract about 1.5 weeks ago. I love loop holes. Att has a unlimited data loop too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA App

What ATT loophole is that? The one where you have to activate a 2G iPhone, etc?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was in the Droid Bionic forum and came across this ( thanks jesziicuh) . It totally works I did it on my wife's line. If you have tired data, call *611, option 4, say add a feature, talk to a representative and add unlimited 4g hot spot to your tiered data line. They upgrade your data to unlimited to accommodate the unlimited hotspot. Then log into you verizonwireless account. Go to the row where it says plan. Then click on change features. Pick your phone you just upgraded, then scroll down and remove unlimited 4g hotspot. Worked like a charm!!! My wife's data tracker on her phone now says unlimited!!!! Got to love loop holes!:D

Edit: This might actually take several attempts to accomplish. I have heard some people have tried upwards of 5 times before actually receiving unlimited data.

Edit2: Thanks to nomisunrider we have the actual plan code the verizon rep uses to add 4g unlimited MHS. plan code #76153 — $30 Unlimited 4G Mobile Hotspot. I would still ask for the 4g unlimited MHS first and if they give you trouble tell them you were told the plan code is 76153. Hope this helps and cuts down on the amount of calls some people have to make.
    If they change it back so be it. My wife was happy before, but if they don't oh well. Why should we both pay the same for data but I have unlimited and she has 4 gigs. Just cause Verizon wanted to be a bunch of D bags and be like AT&T. Your telling me you have never went to a store and bought something that was miss priced and you knew the price was wrong but still fought to get what the lower price was. Dude this is a modding forum. Not bash everyone forum. Everything in this place is about bending the rules and coming up with work arounds set in place by the carrier and maker of the phone. You are no better than anyone else here.
    Worked for me. New customer with 2 new lines with Galaxy Nexus.

I called 1-800-922-0204 option 4, said "add a feature"

Told the CSR that my co-worker just got the 4g mobile hotspot and I wanted the same feature. I told her that my co-worker said to use code #76153 to make sure I got the correct feature.
    She said (I could hear a laugh in her voice) that my co-worker told me the correct code =)
    She added it to both lines.

I logged into my verizon account and both new lines have unlimited data
    Woah, woah woah.

First, show me an article full of facts that says alot of data used is bad on your phone for everyone esle. Not assumptions.

Ive used 43 gbs so far. Why? At work and home usually nothing todo, so netflix, youtube, oovoo etc. Why you think its invented for? To use each app 5 mins each?

Its unlimited data. They went to tiered to make more money.

Ontop of that i pay 30 for the hotspot as well. If it says unlimited then why wouldnt i carry on as its unlimited ? If its a big world problem, verizon has my number. People like me who are in a huge percent arent affecting you. So chill out on getting mad at people who pay just like you for their service. They can do what they please.

Sorry, i really get annoyed at people who jump at others for using unlimited data the way they want to.

I guess i abuse my unlimited nights and weekend minutes too? Is that clogging your signal bars down ?

2 more weeks on this month's cycle and Ive used 55gb. Lmao

People like you are the reason why we have tiered plans in the first place. Good job.