EVO 4G Stock Nocturnal Edition (4.67-Android 2.3.5.) 2-24-2012

Search This thread

nolimit06

Oct 30, 2011
North Carolina
Thanks you sir, I took the barbones version and added all of these mods last night and it's smoking fast. The only thing I need is for the battery bar to show in 1% increments. Is there a simple mod that can be flashed to do this?

gruesomewolf

Jan 30, 2011
Mocksville, NC
Thanks man I got all day. I just thought the debugging icon and the CRT animations were controlled by services.jar. So my first thought was to go back and get the services.jar from stock but then I would get the debugging icon again. Just my thoughts?

You could use the one that Swag posted....the services.jar that is. He removed usb debugging icon...and no crt enabled

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

nolimit06

Oct 30, 2011
North Carolina
Try out the uot kitchen.

I'll take a look tonight at work, it will give me something to do. I am just pretty clueless of any kind of coding or editing of the source files. Guess I will learn :p

Edit: Sorry for the n00b question but how do I get a hold of the "framework-res.apk, SystemUI.apk and com.htc.resources.apk" files needed to upload at the kitchen? Will this mess up any of the mods you have created GW? Thanks!

Last edited:

gruesomewolf

Jan 30, 2011
Mocksville, NC
I'll take a look tonight at work, it will give me something to do. I am just pretty clueless of any kind of coding or editing of the source files. Guess I will learn :p

Edit: Sorry for the n00b question but how do I get a hold of the "framework-res.apk, SystemUI.apk and com.htc.resources.apk" files needed to upload at the kitchen? Will this mess up any of the mods you have created GW? Thanks!

Just go ahead and pull them right out of the Rom.....it will not effect the mods made to the ROM. Have fun.

mjhuffer

Sep 17, 2007
Indianapolis
You could use the one that Swag posted....the services.jar that is. He removed usb debugging icon...and no crt enabled

For some reason I did that before and it didn't work but I just tried it again and it worked perfectly. The only thing left I want is to see if someone can port over the option to tun off notification on the lockscreen from Sense 2.1+. I can't have my franchise player knowing about my bench if you know what I'm saying. I know there is a mod but it still shows up at the top when someone texts and I don't even know if the modded htclockscreen with work anymore considering it was made for 4.24 (it did work on 4.54).

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

Thanks, this will keep me occupied tonight :)

Is all of the stock junk easily removed?

Extremely easy if you have a program like RootExplorer or you know your way around ADB. Just be careful what you remove. Most of the widget are ok to remove and some of the extraneous programs (nascar, nfl, sprint tv). On a side not my Sprint TV will not update and I have SprintInstaller left in the system/app.

Last edited:

gruesomewolf

Jan 30, 2011
Mocksville, NC
For some reason I did that before and it didn't work but I just tried it again and it worked perfectly. The only thing left I want is to see if someone can port over the option to tun off notification on the lockscreen from Sense 2.1+. I can't have my franchise player knowing about my bench if you know what I'm saying. I know there is a mod but it still shows up at the top when someone texts and I don't even know if the modded htclockscreen with work anymore considering it was made for 4.24 (it did work on 4.54).

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

Extremely easy if you have a program like RootExplorer or you know your way around ADB. Just be careful what you remove. Most of the widget are ok to remove and some of the extraneous programs (nascar, nfl, sprint tv). On a side not my Sprint TV will not update and I have SprintInstaller left in the system/app.

Don't know why it won't update....if you flashed this Rom...I took a lot of that junk and just moved it to the sdcard. But its the stock one that came with the base.

Reactions: nolimit06

jreed012

Dec 19, 2006
Brentwood
I have a love hate relationship with you devs.... Just when I think I have my phone all happy and the way I want it, you go and release something new that I just have to have. You guys rock! Thanks!

mtg981

May 10, 2011
Carl Junction, Mo.
Yes that's the idea.....although some have posted that even with this mod the person who is receiving the mms is still getting it compressed. I have not had a chance to really test that yet. I know I added the correct edits for it not to compress.

I know for a fact that if the person receiving your mms does not have the ability to receive the "5mb" size-then they will not be able to receive the mms
ie. my aunt has a stock HTC Inspire 4G, and her mms max is 600k (yes 600k), and I cannot send her the oversize mms we have. It bounces a message back to saying "The receiving service provider for 417-xxx-xxxx has a size limit for picture/video. Your message may not be received."

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

POSTER_OTA.jpg

Thanks to sin for the sig I used in the making of this poster.

Team-Nocturnal OTA update

The Goods
    Code:
    -Base- Updated to 4.67 Android 2.3.5
    -Hotspot Hack added
    -Advanced Power Menu w/ 4in1 Reboot Mod
    -CRT Animations unlocked
    -Signature Verification disabled 
    -Volume Rocker mod (change song tracks by longpressing volume when screen off)
    -Status Bar Mods ****no GPS icon, true data displayed, extended Quick Settings, and Recent Apps****
    -Rosie Mods ****Right Button Re-Mapped to launchkey****
    -Browser Mod ****Tabs Extended to 7****
    -Mms Mod ****No Compress****
    -Native Screen capture enabled
    -Wireless N Fix W/ Stock Kernel
    -Custom Wallpapers and Boot Animation
    -Data App enabled
    -Bash and Nano support

Changelog

Code:
    Public Release
    This Rom was built with the Evo's latest OTA. It was built with 3 things in mind, Stability, Performance, and a Stock Feel.
    Outside of the Mods listed above this is a completely Stock Rom

[/CODE]

Thanks

Code:
    Thanks to:
    Aamikam
    Calk
    Tommy T
    Ca1ne
    Swag
    And a big majority of devs (this list could go on and on)
    Donaters (I really cant thank you enough)
    and of course my team and testers

Download Team-Nocturnals 4.67 OTA
    MD5 4fa510b9fed5505fc063cac0891618db

Team_Nocturnal.png

2012-01-30_23-13-33.jpg
    2012-01-30_23-13-36.jpg
    2012-01-30_23-13-45.jpg
    2012-01-30_23-13-49.jpg
    2012-01-30_23-13-54.jpg

Team-Nocturnal OTA W/ICSish Theme

The Goods
    Code:
    Same as above with a sick theme on top, I want to offer up both a themed and non-themed build

Changelog

Code:
    Gruesomes ICSish Theme added
    Updated some code in the android.policy that did not need to be there.

[/CODE]

Thanks

Code:
    Thanks to:
    Aamikam
    Calk
    Tommy T
    Ca1ne
    Swag
    And a big majority of devs (this list could go on and on)
    Donaters (I really cant thank you enough)
    and of course my team and testers

Download Team-Nocturnals 4.67 OTA w/ICSish Theme
    MD5 c921a6a15fdd0da900e89f9e5ceff7f4

Team_Nocturnal.png

Mods

Volume Wake only mod

and

No recent Apps in the Drop Down mod

Here

Themed Build online!!

Themed build is up....its a speciel mix of Various ICS themes and some of my own personal stuff. Nothing to over the top, just themed the frameworks the rosie the clock and the dropdown. Enjoy :D
    Hey grue, that Rosie and clock are awesome. U plan on sharing?

Sure am....I'm at work until 6:30, so sometime after that I will be releasing my themed build.