Best Case Out There

Search This thread

mpulford311

Aug 20, 2011
I'm using the Platinum Series Defender case from Best Buy. Then a Zagg Invisible shield for the screen.

mpulford311

Aug 20, 2011
I think i'm using the same one that you have minus the screen protector. I've dropped my phone from about 8 feet high onto concrete and no broken phone or scratched screen!

Zombies ate my Inspire

if its got a 3 piece construction then that is the one. Has a hard plastic case on first layer than a rubber outer layer than another outer shell to hold the rubber layer on. and it also has a belt clip. this thing is crazy but seems to do the job.

eryk4381

Nov 20, 2010
So I just ordered an Inspire to replace my captivate cause I meed working GPS on my phone for my job and was wondering what case has the least negative impact on GPS performance. If someone could answer I would he really grateful.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA Premium App
I have a speck case and my testing results have confirmed that it does indeed degrade performance with GPS. I'm wondering if anyone has any other cases they have tested that don't affect gps as much. Any case reviews, screenshots?
Thanks in advance.

crypted

Nov 20, 2007
Miami, FL
derekgordon.com
I have a speck case and my testing results have confirmed that it does indeed degrade performance with GPS. I'm wondering if anyone has any other cases they have tested that don't affect gps as much. Any case reviews, screenshots?
Thanks in advance.

Just responded to your same question on my agps patch thread. Go with the seido I suggested.

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

lloydkant

Nov 1, 2011
Panama
i trust only and only in Otter Box Cases...my Inspire 4G, The Iphone 4 of my wife and my Torch 9800 drop several times and everything works perfect...pure protection :D

WManzo123

Dec 5, 2011
Garland
HTC Inspire 4G/ Desire HD Rubber TPU Skin Case @ amazon

Probably not the best case out there but in my opinion for the price that I got the case for it does an excellent job protecting my phone. I've dropped my phone a couple of times and I've had no problems with my phone. $2 well spent ;)

rhys42

Mar 7, 2008
I got the Otterbox Commuter but as it didn't fit into my desk cradle at work (where the phone spends 80% of its waking hours) it wasn't really practical for me. But, I still get use out of it as a car holder. I just drilled a hole into the hard shell and used the screw from my old Tilt's Proclip holder to attach it to the swivel mount on the dash.

It's a bit of a PITA to take in and out since you have to put the phone into the soft shell, then wedge it into the hard shell, attach cables, etc. but since I only use the car mount on long trips it isn't too much trouble and it gets the job done.

virusmonk3y

May 10, 2010
Deer Park
Just ordered....

So I have spent literally a month searching for a nice case for the Inspire 4G, I'm so jealous of the iPhone having all the cool looking cases, there's barely any for any other phone...The barely there ones are nice, but tha'ts about it.

Then I stumbled upon this one:
http://www.accstation.com/chtcdesisc06.html

I ordered it right away, loved the design, looks cool, translucent (they offer black too!) and was thrilled when I got it. It's great quality, not overly thick or bulky, the sides have a grip you have to try for yourself, and the cutouts are 99% acurate- covers the camera lens perfectly...the only thing that is a little tough to reach is the unlock/power button, but that's the phones fault- it is too recessed. The feel of it is great, and looks sharp! Best of all it's only $6.99 Definitely recommend it.

Just ordered this earlier today. Have heard some good things and looks great on the phone. shopped (done crappy I know lol) a screen from my phone on the stock picture and can't wait for it to come in.
76TzG

crypted

Nov 20, 2007
Miami, FL
derekgordon.com
Just ordered this earlier today. Have heard some good things and looks great on the phone. shopped (done crappy I know lol) a screen from my phone on the stock picture and can't wait for it to come in.
76TzG

Interested in the results. I'm skeptical because the gps units antenna is covered further which tends to degrade your gps reception and quality heavily.

I only recommend the case I use for our inspires on my agps patch thread.

But that stock photo looks neat....

virusmonk3y

May 10, 2010
Deer Park
Interested in the results. I'm skeptical because the gps units antenna is covered further which tends to degrade your gps reception and quality heavily.

I only recommend the case I use for our inspires on my agps patch thread.

But that stock photo looks neat....

I have a similar but uglier case now and the coverage is about the same as the one I ordered so shouldn't make much of a difference. It got shipped today and will post my results.

Sent from the internets

Last edited:

virusmonk3y

May 10, 2010
Deer Park
So I have spent literally a month searching for a nice case for the Inspire 4G, I'm so jealous of the iPhone having all the cool looking cases, there's barely any for any other phone...The barely there ones are nice, but tha'ts about it.

I ordered it right away, loved the design, looks cool, translucent (they offer black too!) and was thrilled when I got it. It's great quality, not overly thick or bulky, the sides have a grip you have to try for yourself, and the cutouts are 99% acurate- covers the camera lens perfectly...the only thing that is a little tough to reach is the unlock/power button, but that's the phones fault- it is too recessed. The feel of it is great, and looks sharp! Best of all it's only $6.99 Definitely recommend it.

As stated in my previous comment, I ordered this and it came in today. For some reason it was not what I was expecting (not really sure what I was expecting to be honest lol) but so far I like it. Have no complaints. Also, it was asked about GPS and I have not noticed any difference.

sjs87

Jan 17, 2012
I've had my inspire since it first released for AT&T so it's been about a year. I bought a commuter otter box as soon as it was available. Put the phone through hell (fell off of a 15' ladder, through it off my roof, etc.) I took it off for the first time yesterday because I used a friend of mine's and I loved how sleek it felt without the case. Forgot it was on my lap just now while getting out my car and of course it landed on the concrete face down and now I have a crack in the bottom right corner of the screen. Well, you live and you learn.

sleezeep

Feb 10, 2012
Sacramento
I bought the Case-Mate Tough Case for my Inspire about 6 months ago. It may not be the prettiest case around, but i think as far as sub $20 cases go i couldn't have done much better. It has withstood several drops from over 5 feet onto concrete, asphalt, as well as some indoor conditions. It actually protects the phone!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I have this crappy Amazon $4 case, from eforcity crap.

Anyways, dropped it today in a urinal at school (whoops), and the case broke into the two pieces that it was. Pretty crappy case obviously.

Anyways, I have some money, want to get a better case since I'll have this phone for two years and so.

Case Mate Pop appeals to me, but I can't find any good comments here.

Case Mate Tough appeals too, but Pop is cooler.

Otterbox Defender is okay, too fat for my tastes.

Any other ideas? What are you using?
    Ewwww? Inside it? Anyway....

For protection: http://www.otterbox.com/htc-inspire-4g-cases/htc-inspire-4g-cases,default,sc.html

I wont buy a phone unless Otterboxes are available. Period. I always keep multiple cases, and this is what I buy for protection.

For the "barely there" factor: http://www.myincipio.com/HTC-Inspir...nspire-feather-Ultralight-Hard-Shell-Case.asp

These are very nice and extremely thin, but offer no protection for drops and bumps, besides scratching from in-out of pocket, etc.
    These are better than the Caes-Mate barely there (imo). Nicer texture and quality.

You already know about the POP, so I wont go into depth there, but I prefer this to the POP: http://www.speckproducts.com/smart-phone-cases/htc-inspire-cases.html

They look way better to me (but scratch easy, but so would the POP) and come in a variety of colors. I have an Atrix, and they only make black which makes me so jealous of you guys :mad:. These offer a nice combo of the "Style" "Protection" and "Slimness".

I would go with this if you don't like the Otterbox, but want protection.

You have this for a nice protective silicone case: http://tridentcases.com/product_57_73.html

They are a new Otterbox-like brand but offer a variety of colors for EVERY phone. ;)

Most comparable to a Feather or Barely there: http://www.rearthusa.com/HTC-Inspire-4G_p_155.html

They are brand new and i'm sure if you asked, they would send you a free one in turn for a review. I love the combo of TPU and silicone with this case. I'm currently using it as my main for my Atrix (in true blue). It doesn't offer much protection, but looks great and doesn't attract lint like the Trident case would or other Silicone cases.

Lastly: http://www.seidioonline.com/category-s/5493.htm

Just look through the 3 options they offer. One for protection, one for a combo of protection and style and one for just the thin factor. Seidio has great cases. I'd go with the Active Combo if you like the POP case ;)

I don't care much for Case-Mates hard cases. They aren't as nice as other options. I would buy a CandyShell or Active Combo over the POP, but that's just me :D

The rest of case-mate's offerings: http://www.case-mate.com/HTC-Inspire-4G-Cases/HTC-Inspire-4G-Cases.asp
    Good luck with your decision. Hope I helped.
    The speck candyshells they sell at ATT store are really nice. I'm using one and it makes the phone feel very secure.

MUST Check out :)

You can find these cases for 3 dollars on ebay! Just a suggestion.

I'm using the same case but the black version. Awesome case! I highly recommend this case!

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA App