New Trident Kraken AMS Case w/ Holster for HTC Amaze 4G, Black

Search This thread

madfly12

Nov 15, 2007
Just ordered my new Trident Kraken AMS case for my HTC Amaze, will follow up upon receipt! Is anyone currently using this case? Price just dropped from $50 to $32.33 on Amazon get it while they last....

Last edited:
Reactions: rahulntinku

htcamaze

Jan 15, 2012
just checked today and

Trident Kraken AMS Case w/ Holster for HTC Amaze 4G, Black
by Trident cases
Be the first to review this item | Like 1328196417 false 0 1 1 0 (1)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Price: $25.75
Deal Price:
o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o

In Stock.

hurrpancakes

Jul 23, 2010
The kickstand on mine has become very loose, to the point where it will not stay clipped into the body, so I use it without the kickstand, unless I actually need to use it.

johnDiCson

Jan 17, 2012
after seeing that video review i am sold on buying this for my phone. I just have a tpu case for mine.

musicalchino

Jan 20, 2010
it doesn't seem to have openings in the back for the holes around the camera. did I miss it or are they not just there?

ddloco

Jun 20, 2010
Rialto,Ca
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
This case is sturdy the reason I like other people like the amaze is feel so if we don't got otterbox this makes the phone big and bulky. My only complaint is its a ***** to use the belt clip.

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using OG Blue Tapatalk

kazzxtrismus

Feb 9, 2009
It's kick ass.. got mine in red..after it got a little dirty it's "better".. I adjusted my kick stand with a small hammer and drilled the ambient light and sound holes.. belt clip on wrong side covering the face so it goes unused on construction sites..

If you don't need this case it's because you put your phone in your purse

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using xda premium

Last edited:

johnDiCson

Jan 17, 2012
Just got my kraken in the mail today, it does heft to the phone but thats to be expected. I feel confident if i were to drop it that the phone will be safe.

freshlycutlawn

Apr 22, 2011
Loving this thing, it was just a challenge to get on :p just got mine yesterday in the blue

rubyman94

Nov 13, 2010
Just got my trident case today. It's the aegis one. It looks really nice. I really recommend it.

macheteZen

Nov 24, 2010
Denver
had my kraken about a month now and the kickstand piece doesnt want to stay closed anymore so I've had to remove it. It was just annoying, however the case is stellar, had a few "serious" drops and phone is perfectly fine :D

mrmako777

Dec 14, 2010
dragging knee on the track
been using my kraken for about a week now, and i have to say this is the biggest case ive ever had on any phone. it literally makes the phone twice as thick. i feel like its super well protected, but the bulk is a little too much

max silver

Apr 7, 2011
I thought about getting this case, but the extreme bulk scared me away. I liked the idea of the kickstand, but decided that a Ballistic SG would likely do a fine job protecting my phone with a bit less size.

Hanszoo

Jan 9, 2012
I just got this case because of the high reviews it was receiving. I thought I'd like it for its "total protection" but found it very bulky and just a pain to remove in order to get to the phone. I've also tried to Aegis case and liked it better but didn't like the fact it didn't have the kickstand option. I keep going back to the cheap ole T-Mobiles silver colored bodyglove brand with built in kickstand case as it does all I need it to do. It has a rubber feel to it so it doesn't slide off my armrest in my truck, also with the rubber feel when you have the phone set to viberate the phone stays put and doesn't vibrate off the table as both the Trident cases do. Hate to say anything bad about the two Trident models and you need to way the option that best fits what you need. Just voicing my opinion on what I've found that I like and don't like about the cases I've tried.

Reactions: Cheshire.Love

YungMage

Sep 24, 2009
Atlanta
it doesn't seem to have openings in the back for the holes around the camera. did I miss it or are they not just there?

it is not there but doesnt seem to affect my call quality. Tested it because I use speaker phone all the time and the distance is comparable to without the case. I love it. yea makes phone bigger but shoot not scared of drops or spills due to port covering. Not saying it is waterproof just saying got more time for saving phone. I call it a tank case lol. if you dont like the bulk if you dont put black case it is their persues case.

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

been using my kraken for about a week now, and i have to say this is the biggest case ive ever had on any phone. it literally makes the phone twice as thick. i feel like its super well protected, but the bulk is a little too much

IKR feels like a tank lol

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

It's kick ass.. got mine in red..after it got a little dirty it's "better".. I adjusted my kick stand with a small hammer and drilled the ambient light and sound holes.. belt clip on wrong side covering the face so it goes unused on construction sites..

If you don't need this case it's because you put your phone in your purse

Wow must have one heck of a fine drill point. I was thinking about drilling but I found no affect on sound quality so was like nah

kazzxtrismus

Feb 9, 2009
I have lots of fine tools for some other hobbies... I had to cook a drill bit to get a hole in the silicon case.... The holes are supposed to be for ambient sound and other image/video stuff.. I just did it as a C.Y.A.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just ordered my new Trident Kraken AMS case for my HTC Amaze, will follow up upon receipt! Is anyone currently using this case? Price just dropped from $50 to $32.33 on Amazon get it while they last....
    Here's a pretty decent review on it.

I just got this case because of the high reviews it was receiving. I thought I'd like it for its "total protection" but found it very bulky and just a pain to remove in order to get to the phone. I've also tried to Aegis case and liked it better but didn't like the fact it didn't have the kickstand option. I keep going back to the cheap ole T-Mobiles silver colored bodyglove brand with built in kickstand case as it does all I need it to do. It has a rubber feel to it so it doesn't slide off my armrest in my truck, also with the rubber feel when you have the phone set to viberate the phone stays put and doesn't vibrate off the table as both the Trident cases do. Hate to say anything bad about the two Trident models and you need to way the option that best fits what you need. Just voicing my opinion on what I've found that I like and don't like about the cases I've tried.
    I have been using the Trident Kraken for about 2 weeks now. I am a tow truck operator and I can tell you this. This is the best case I have ever seen, While I was on a call one day my Amaze fell out of my jacket and landed on the deck of my truck while I was pulling up a vehicle. needless to say it was crushed by the tire of the vehicle I was like F@%$ after I looked at it there wasn't even a scratch on it and worked 100%. This is one tough bugger of a case.