[GAME][2.1+]Robo Miner

Search This thread

reiti.net

Dec 18, 2011
Gran Canaria
www.reiti.net
Please visit http://www.reiti.net/robo-miner/blog to view recent changes and update news!

Well guys! After some days with heavenly coding to make the game ready for a release - it's finally done!

The first version of Robo Miner is out!

o0EpYNAsIm8k6kD90AxzDAhiRchINS92gNxL8kyWlAb0ORMZJ5-kKtwO3p5ROBrdAMfl=w705

You all know these games where you dig down to find treasures, ores and gems? Well, here's another one!

You are controlling a robot which digs for you. Simply tap in the direction the robot should go and he will do that - if there is a block in the way the robot will dig through it. That only works on mud-blocks - stones cannot be digged but if you dig away the mud underneath a stone block, the stone block will fall down and maybe crash you, if you are not fast enough to run away or place a support bar!

q02S0lZQApNVTKjqxOoWFHew65DpaYQ2V1oniQj-zGujCl7g5zvFmtE8Jcb2ZWYcZBI=h230
T8pPTSMds7xXgZVWf62W8hz4MLrO-WIs8H_ZbTYfLXmkMJHl7wixBA-mD4IwqkkE2VY=h230
clI2zbvHocR3lwMQjrjX0OIdGSqQiWe15F1BJejlKPy7QUhWFfiiY9uKQc7bzKZZswsE=h230
nizPvMEl_eKj7dj1pxYqq6q2cLuo5uj9lGVubrbK_nAtLo7EMwatEu1k6eNY_qzvXK2O=h230

Your target is to find the ultimate gem at the bottom end of each mine. Once found, you can approach to the next, even deeper mine! On your journy you will find many different money-bringing things, like ore and gems.

To master all the challenges, you can buy upgrades for your robot. More battery, a fast drill, more storage or better sensors, to see more fields around you!

The game autosaves itself, so don't worry to lose your progress :)

I hope you have a good time playing this game

The game is available on android market, slideme, amazon and getjar .. some of them need some time to approve the upload so be patient

Last edited:

reiti.net

Dec 18, 2011
Gran Canaria
www.reiti.net
Update 1.1 is out!

Recently we added support for Keyboard Dock - so you can use the arrow keys to navigate and spacebar to set a pillar.

Also new in 1.1 are "Mystery Fields" - you can find money in them, ladders, pillars - even free upgrades can be found (but rare)

Hope you enjoy the game!

reiti.net

Dec 18, 2011
Gran Canaria
www.reiti.net
ooook Update v1.2 is out!

This is a bigger one - the game now features an inventory where your robot can carry special items he find on his journey.

The first findable items are - of course - Dynamite!! In 2 different types. You can find this items in Question-Block (with some luck)

Well, Dynamite destroys simple everything - except the robot, which is a bug *g* I will fix that tomorrow.

Everything else gets destroyed: stones, mud, ladders, pillars, questions .. ok, the Ultimate Diamond is Dynamite-Proof (I think diamonds are?) but you need to watch out where you use dynamite.

You will not gather anything from bombed fields - so if you blow up some ore, you will not get it - same for question marks. Also every rock field above the bomb area will come down.

If you lose your robot, your inventory is gone too - so be careful with your little robo ;-)

I tested this new features very long, so I hope everything works how it is supposed to work.

Have Fun with the new Version!

reiti.net

Dec 18, 2011
Gran Canaria
www.reiti.net
Update v1.2.1

From now on the Robo has an Auto-Climb Feature.

While standing on a ladder, just tap and hold in the desired direction and the robo will follow the ladder until its end.

Finally that feature is in, so with the use of dynamite you can now build really deep shafts and use the Auto-Climb Feature to get fast around.

Hope you enjoy it, have fun!

reiti.net

Dec 18, 2011
Gran Canaria
www.reiti.net
Update v1.2.2

from now on, you can view the recent changes ingame, when a new version arrived.

also some changes in balance on item-finding - you can now find multiple items in one qustion mark field.

reiti.net

Dec 18, 2011
Gran Canaria
www.reiti.net
Update v1.3

Yes, it's done - v1.3 is out!

Biggest change this time is the ability to use different save slots. You have one slot on your phone and 2 extra slots on your sd card.

Feel free to transfer your savegames over different devices - it should(!) not be any problem with that.

Please be aware, that we made huge changes in the code, so it is possibly that something will not work as expected - be kind and report any issue, so we can solve it as fast as possible.

We also switched the buttons for ladders and pillars - just because on very small devices the advertisement is too big and players were not able to push the pillar button which is very annoying.

We will surely come up with a better solution for this problem in the future, hopefully this first change help most of you out :)

nathanpc

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 20, 2009
Brazil
about.me
Really awesome work! Congratulations!

btw, which language was used to develop this game?

Last edited:

hellot1M

Jul 15, 2010
does anyone ever remember the game Crystal Mines for the original NES?? these two games are a lot alike. i miss that game. i used to play it for hours and the levels seemed endless! someone needs to port that game over!

reiti.net

Dec 18, 2011
Gran Canaria
www.reiti.net
This game is written in java and uses libgdx (libgdx ftw!) as graphics engine so it would run also on desktop if I would release it :p

and please it's not a copy of Gem Miner (which is a good game too!), like android is not a copy of iOS. This game was inspired by multiple other games and I am sure there exists many other games which have a similar gameplay. Maybe some of you remember Boulder Dash? C64? Or Motherload? Even Minecraft or Terraria :)

I also made "Minesweeper: Unlimited!" - yea, you guess it, I copied Microsoft! :)

Currently I am developing an RTS and I bet, when it's finished, some will say it's a copy of Black&White or whatsoever :)

I appreciate the work of others a lot but please don't depreciate the work of building up something out of an idea by calling it a copy.

Robo Miner has no clear ending (each mine is even deeper than the mine before) it is very simplistic - I am pretty sure, that there are very different feelings about the gameplay. Personally I aim for building the perfect shaft until I find the diamond. You need to think in advance when using Dynamite and so on. FYI: At the beginning of development Robo Miner had hexagonal fields.. but that wasn't ideal for such a game.. (I love hexagons)

I am thinking of new features for Robo Miner too - in the future I want to integrate more statistics, how much fields digged, max depth, diamonds found and such things and set up a little highscore server by myself where someone can compare his progress with others - maybe there will be unlockable features like a jetpack (sort of jump) or increased fall-down capability - who knows, nothing sure until now.

By the way: I want to thank Jase Glenn for writing a review of Robo Miner

xilw3r

Dec 10, 2010
sorry if this has been reported.

if you are in the middle of doing something in the game and you lock your device, when you unlock it, the game is not in pause mode, but it loads your last saved game :| i find that kind of frustrating.

great game otherwise :)

reiti.net

Dec 18, 2011
Gran Canaria
www.reiti.net
(plz never be sorry about reporting an error, I am happy to get know of it :) )

but yes, this error was reported yesterday already - the game gets restarted when your devices gets locked and you unlock it again.

I cannot do much about it (libgdx recreates itself) but I could stop the device from going to sleep mode - would need 1 more permission to do that. So the game would tell android to not shut down CPU and/or screen (still trying to find the best solution).

I am not sure what happens, when a call gets in - anyone tried that? game should(!) pause properly (it does when clicking home button)

zoran89

Mar 30, 2010
Osijek
(plz never be sorry about reporting an error, I am happy to get know of it :) )

but yes, this error was reported yesterday already - the game gets restarted when your devices gets locked and you unlock it again.

I cannot do much about it (libgdx recreates itself) but I could stop the device from going to sleep mode - would need 1 more permission to do that. So the game would tell android to not shut down CPU and/or screen (still trying to find the best solution).

I am not sure what happens, when a call gets in - anyone tried that? game should(!) pause properly (it does when clicking home button)

when call comes in game loads latest save game... At least on my phone... Htc sensation.....4.0.3....

But game is wicked.... I am playing it all day... Its perfection in its simplicity... When my GF asked me what am I doing... I just said... Digging... Digging and more digging ;-)...

Keep up the good work...

Sent from my HTC Sensation

reiti.net

Dec 18, 2011
Gran Canaria
www.reiti.net
I have to fix that - it's not tolerable to lose game progress, because a call comes in. I also dont want to block incoming calls.

But give me some time because I need to do some testing for this, especially finding out what exactly happens :)

C

chemist80

I played this for about 5 hours last night!! keep up the good work dude

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please visit http://www.reiti.net/robo-miner/blog to view recent changes and update news!

Well guys! After some days with heavenly coding to make the game ready for a release - it's finally done!

The first version of Robo Miner is out!

o0EpYNAsIm8k6kD90AxzDAhiRchINS92gNxL8kyWlAb0ORMZJ5-kKtwO3p5ROBrdAMfl=w705

You all know these games where you dig down to find treasures, ores and gems? Well, here's another one!

You are controlling a robot which digs for you. Simply tap in the direction the robot should go and he will do that - if there is a block in the way the robot will dig through it. That only works on mud-blocks - stones cannot be digged but if you dig away the mud underneath a stone block, the stone block will fall down and maybe crash you, if you are not fast enough to run away or place a support bar!

q02S0lZQApNVTKjqxOoWFHew65DpaYQ2V1oniQj-zGujCl7g5zvFmtE8Jcb2ZWYcZBI=h230
    T8pPTSMds7xXgZVWf62W8hz4MLrO-WIs8H_ZbTYfLXmkMJHl7wixBA-mD4IwqkkE2VY=h230
    clI2zbvHocR3lwMQjrjX0OIdGSqQiWe15F1BJejlKPy7QUhWFfiiY9uKQc7bzKZZswsE=h230
    nizPvMEl_eKj7dj1pxYqq6q2cLuo5uj9lGVubrbK_nAtLo7EMwatEu1k6eNY_qzvXK2O=h230

Your target is to find the ultimate gem at the bottom end of each mine. Once found, you can approach to the next, even deeper mine! On your journy you will find many different money-bringing things, like ore and gems.

To master all the challenges, you can buy upgrades for your robot. More battery, a fast drill, more storage or better sensors, to see more fields around you!

The game autosaves itself, so don't worry to lose your progress :)

I hope you have a good time playing this game

The game is available on android market, slideme, amazon and getjar .. some of them need some time to approve the upload so be patient
    you can find the savegames for the sd card on

/Android/data/com.rnet.robominer/files

the names are last_1.sav and last_2.sav (for each slot). Hope that helps.
    Cool game !

Some ideas:
    1. Going up and down loooong ladders can take time.. Maybe option to uby "Robot Accelerator" pack that will allow robot to continuously accellerate up/down stairs till reaches the last 5 stairs then slow right down.. ? (cost around 5k)
    2. More purchase ideas - Jet pack? Uses lots of battery power but lets you fly up or slow you down during long drops. (25k)
    3. One time parachute you can purchase. Protects when you fall down, but must be rebought and can only purchase/hold one at any time. ($1250)
    4. Save game - not sure why this is so slow.. if you use a byte or less to describe a single cell I would have thought this could be sped up? I'm sure there are reasons though, it just that the length it takes (10-15 secs on my xoom) makes me too lazy to save often, and therefore more at risk.
    5. bug? When you die and you press x to restart level it says "are you sure and you will lose everything you found on this trip" - you say yes but it wipes all your inventroy nor just what you picked up that trip.
    6. Possibility to move around in the MAP view? This works especially well on a tablet.
    7. Auto pillar installer? Something you can purchase, it will detect when you dug under a rock and place a pillar automatically - you can disable ofcourse, for those times you don't want a pillar installed. Would be an expensive purchase (20k ?)
    8. Not sure why some of the gems you find at lower levels cost less than ones at higher ones? eg purple one.

That's all for now...

Oh, any yes multi diamonds on later levels will be fun - with only one necessarily being on the lowest level and the others scattered... something like 1 diamond per 5 levels.
    loving this game...im addicted.

Didnt notice the updates and I have still been playing the version before the lock screen fixes, duly updated.

Just a couple of things I'd like to point out:

• If you hold screen down as you would a ladder but not on a ladder, it still flashes instant. Not a big problem but mayby a bit tidier to only try to show if you start going up/down ladder.
    • If you press new robot whilst falling, your new robot is squished. This is actually quite funny

Thats all I can think of bug-wise but love the game.

Ah, just thought, one other feature I'd like is that when you return the diamond to UFO, choose whether to move to next level, or to stay on current level a bit longer. Mayby, if you choose to stay, the robot asks if your ready to move on when you go up again, or a green arrow appears. Sometimes, I want to explore the last bit and get any extra treasures I see lying around before I move on :D
    you cant access the phone save game (it's private)

but you can just load the phone slot and save it to SD slot (it will get copied). After that you can find your SD Savegames at /Android/data/com.rnet.robominer/files

Their names are last_1.sav and last_2.sav - it does also work to just switch the sd card to the other device.

Hope that helps!