Whats next....?

Search This thread

flukyoralpha

Oct 11, 2011
just an update regarding the soft button: after reboot (my previous post update) until now those button still haven't lit up anymore...

what do you guys think? should i reflash the rom?

many thanks for the rom anyways, i'm just happy i can still make a call and sms and no weird thing occured yet :p

jasonfreeman

Oct 29, 2010
Can someone post me a link to the latest ICS build + working gapps?
Also, a small summary of the items that are not working yet would be nice... ;)

hacktrix2006

Jan 15, 2011
Just tried the lastest version my self. I must say big improvement from the others its faster now still has a few bugs not a daily runner for me yet but its working well.

Keep up the work people keep up the work.

ErwinP

Oct 6, 2010
Sorry folks for the lack of updates, but I'm heaving an incredible busy time..

Does anybody know which gapps are the latest? I'm doubting between gapps-ics-20111230.zip and gapps_ics_4.0.3_v11.zip (both from http://goo-inside.me/gapps/)?

Erwin

cyberkid369

Feb 15, 2009
hi Erwin

the v11 file seems to be the latest gapps based on upload date on the site.

its not working with CM9 presently; will require work to make it wildfire adaptive:)

ErwinP

Oct 6, 2010
Hello guys

I must say, on first sight I don't know why the new gapps is causing problems. As I'm having 4 deadlines in next couple of days, I have almost no time to look in to it. I have for you all three modified gapps:

I have no idea which one works, and I have absolutely no idea if one of the three will work: I haven't tested them myself.. So please, try them if you have the time for it, and come back to this lovely community to tell others if one works, and which one it would be.
If none of them works, I suppose you'll have to stick with the old gapps (which can be downloaded from here), and wait until I have the time to figure it out (if I CAN figure it out) or until someone else finds a solutions.

Sorry..

EDIT
First read the post of krzemyk1981 (just one above this reply) and try it out. The links to gapps that I've posted here will prob. NOT make gmail work.

Last edited:

krzemyk1981

Jan 28, 2011
wroclaw - loffe
First once again sorry for my English

I installed ErwinP build and booted system then I rebooted in to recovery and installed gapps*.

*my gapps was modified by me (I don't now anything about programming so I deleted directly from apk files that I don't needed and modified updater-script to delet from ErwinP build Email.apk and Exchange.apk because I don't need them) so if someone want can compare my gapps and oryginagl gapps

Qarl

Nov 10, 2011
Guadalajara
For all of you who are reading this toppic because of CM9, I kindly refer you to this CM9 thread in the wildfire development.
Do not have permission to write there: (

The problem of the size of gapps. How about reducing the size of the ROM removing the current media/video/* files?
+1

Someone know the recommended size of MTD Partitions for install "Non-official CM9" and the basic GAPPS??

Thank you very much!! Great ROM, I'm testing for help reporting bugs! :)

Sorry my bad English, I'm Spanish :D

arco68

Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
In case I haven't mentioned it already, I just like to state that there won't be an official version of CM9 for the Wildfire. The issues of having no GPU, is practically impossible to overcome. I'll still be pushing some stuff to my github from time to time, but all my focus is now on the Galaxy W. And I'll tell you right away, ICS on a device having a GPU is sooo much better than on a device without it. Time to move on folks! :)

Lesicnik1

Feb 12, 2011
Slovenj Gradec
I'll probably just get the Ainol NOVO7 Elf, for my primary device and just use the Wildfire for calls and stuff :)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda premium

josemaesra

Sep 13, 2010
Córdoba
In case I haven't mentioned it already, I just like to state that there won't be an official version of CM9 for the Wildfire. The issues of having no GPU, is practically impossible to overcome. I'll still be pushing some stuff to my github from time to time, but all my focus is now on the Galaxy W. And I'll tell you right away, ICS on a device having a GPU is sooo much better than on a device without it. Time to move on folks! :)

Nooooooooooooooo:(
very bad news for holders of a Wildfire and we can not change the device

Last edited:

dud3me

Dec 9, 2010

Yeah well maybe it's time to get that galaxy s2, just waiting for the price to drop 50 more euros ;)

Slymobi

Jan 29, 2011
Here
Lol oh well,I prefer peanut butter on my bread anyway. I can't miss something I've never had.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App

Reactions: eventcom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've put the device config for ICS up on GitHub, so anyone that wants to can build from it. You can also get a prebuilt version of it here: http://www.multiupload.com/1Y14642PG0 (I'm not bothering making a new thread for it). It should be ok enough to poke around in. Consider it some kind of Christmas gift. :p
    My dear friends

I know that I'm suppose to do it in an new thread, but this is just a quicky:
    - latest build (checkout the new options for het launcher)
    All that other stuff that didn't work (camera, gmail, ..) will not work as well.

For the issue of the keyboard going wrong: I modified gapps a bit so it uses our ICS keyboard now. As far as I can see (market etc) all is working fine, with the correct keyboard.
    - download the modified gapps
    - note that this, sadly, won't fix gmail to open up mails.
    - please inform me when a new version of gapps is available so I can adapt mine.

And now I'm going off this forum for the rest of the day, stupid exams :p
    All the best,
    Erwin

EDIT
    I believe that you can just flash this modified gapps over the old one, no need to whipe everything. Try it, but if it doesn't work (i.e. if the portrait keyboard still doesn't fit), whipe everything and flash this modified gapps.
    I'm thinking in moving to Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    What do you think guys, is it a good choice or there are better choices in the same price range?

but first am waiting to CM9, after that i will take the decision.

Arco, any good news about CM9??
    Not so good news I'm afraid. Although it's not so much of a problem getting most of the hardware to work (except camera which all devices struggle with atm), the biggest problem for us is that Google has completely removed all support in the source for non-GPU devices. Even in Gingerbread we had to rely on hacks to make the ui smooth, but these hacks are not easy to implement in ICS due to lot's of code removed. I've managed to forward port some of it, but it's far from perfect. A lot better than without it, but still not as smooth as in Gingerbread. There's also something weird with the color space in Android now, which I guess is because it expects and uses graphics capabilities we don't have. For example gradients look like crap, like they are shown in 8 bit mode or something. Unless someone are able to fix it, I don't expect there will be a CM9 for the Wildfire. Almost all of the top coders are working on the high-end devices and probably doesn't give a crap, so I'm not optimistic.
    Sorry guys, didn't know that there where others interested.There are still quite some lags, and the updates for buzz aren't much preformance speeding, last time I checked.
    The build is started, but it takes some time on my old laptop. As I'm having examen today, I will not be able to upload it untill this evening. But you will hear from me again ;-)

Wish me luck today :)
    Erwin

Edit: I was confusing myself :p here you:
    http://www.multiupload.com/4QGT5ZIL5E

Don't know if it works, haven't been able to test it myself.