Thanks Meter: 595

By litetaker, Senior Member on 25th January 2012, 01:42 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
31st January 2012, 09:51 PM |#141  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 209

Donate to Me
More
I've noticed that downloaded apps are automatically assigned to run in compatibility mode, which seems to be the source of most force closes and failures to open.

Is there a one stroke option for changing this or do I have to manually switch this for each app?

PJ
Phoenix, AZ

1st February 2012, 01:59 AM |#142  
Thanks Meter: 161

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdinphx

I've noticed that downloaded apps are automatically assigned to run in compatibility mode, which seems to be the source of most force closes and failures to open.

Is there a one stroke option for changing this or do I have to manually switch this for each app?

PJ
Phoenix, AZ

If I were you I wouldn't worry about it til tomorrow...

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium
1st February 2012, 02:44 AM |#143  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 209

Donate to Me
More
Roger that ... can't wait for beta2.

PJ
Phoenix, AZ
1st February 2012, 06:18 AM |#144  
Thanks Meter: 1,857

More
Is there a firewall built into this ROM that denies apps that you choose to access the internet? Like the app droidwall does. I see there's one for phone ├žalls and SMS but I don't see anything about blocking apps from using the internet. I thought there was but I don't know.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
1st February 2012, 02:30 PM |#145  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgraphicart

Is there a firewall built into this ROM that denies apps that you choose to access the internet? Like the app droidwall does. I see there's one for phone ├žalls and SMS but I don't see anything about blocking apps from using the internet. I thought there was but I don't know.

Yes, look for the program called 'Monitor'. There is a firewall tab at the top. Works very well, but I've found that the first time you turn it on and set it up you should reboot for it to take effect. After that, any changes you make seem to take place on the fly. I stopped using Droidwall when I was on MIUI with other devices.
The Following User Says Thank You to Epicardium For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Epicardium Ad-Free
1st February 2012, 03:26 PM |#146  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epicardium

Yes, look for the program called 'Monitor'. There is a firewall tab at the top. Works very well, but I've found that the first time you turn it on and set it up you should reboot for it to take effect. After that, any changes you make seem to take place on the fly. I stopped using Droidwall when I was on MIUI with other devices.

Thank you. I could have sworn I've seen that before.

---------- Post added at 07:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 AM ----------

Also, does anyone know why MIUI lockscreens that have shortcuts to the camera don't open the camera?
1st February 2012, 06:03 PM |#147  
Thanks Meter: 161

More
Well ****. Ace just tweeted that beta2 is postponed for unspecified amount of time due to the audio issues...

1st February 2012, 06:32 PM |#148  
Flag 18518
Thanks Meter: 250

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubomime

Well ****. Ace just tweeted that beta2 is postponed for unspecified amount of time due to the audio issues...

Just saw...that's sad Was hoping to see MIUI back on my phone this week. Guess I'll need to chill with CM7 or now.
1st February 2012, 06:34 PM |#149  

More
That sucks. I was looking forward to flashing something tonight. lol

He also said he wanted someone to get a hold of the Photon MIUI developers about the audio issue. But I looked and it seems they have audio issues as well.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1415634

EDIT: I posted a comment in there asking for anyones help on the audio issues. Hopefully we can get someone to help us out.
1st February 2012, 07:10 PM |#150  
NYC
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:

@aceoyame
Nathan Schmidt
I just feel that what I have done isnt enough of a fix to be a release. It's barely better and breaks other stuff

Maybe let dragonzkiller continue what he started? Not that I don't appreciate your work aceoyame but I mean dragonz releases updates quick and effectively...

Thanks though :/
1st February 2012, 07:38 PM |#151  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki1lACrAcK

Maybe let dragonzkiller continue what he started? Not that I don't appreciate your work aceoyame but I mean dragonz releases updates quick and effectively...

Thanks though :/

Im sure ace is fully capable of handling it. It seems he's just been waiting for some files and stuff from other devs, including dragonzkiller. Plus I dont think dragonzkiller is willing to take on another project on top of CM9. From what I hear hes a student and pretty busy.
The Following User Says Thank You to jsgraphicart For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jsgraphicart Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)