Thanks Meter: 595

By litetaker, Senior Member on 25th January 2012, 01:42 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st February 2012, 07:38 PM |#151  
Thanks Meter: 1,854

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki1lACrAcK

Maybe let dragonzkiller continue what he started? Not that I don't appreciate your work aceoyame but I mean dragonz releases updates quick and effectively...

Thanks though :/

Im sure ace is fully capable of handling it. It seems he's just been waiting for some files and stuff from other devs, including dragonzkiller. Plus I dont think dragonzkiller is willing to take on another project on top of CM9. From what I hear hes a student and pretty busy.
The Following User Says Thank You to jsgraphicart For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jsgraphicart Ad-Free

1st February 2012, 07:53 PM |#152  
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 813

More
Quote:

Maybe let dragonzkiller continue what he started? Not that I don't appreciate your work aceoyame but I mean dragonz releases updates quick and effectively...

Thanks though :/

Wow, have you ever had to do something like what Ace has been doing? He DOES have a full-time job and is married, so he's doing this on his own time in addition to balancing a work load and marriage.

ACE is having to take MIUI code and get it working on a device it wasn't written for specifically. In the case of what he was having issues with, it's not open-source. Apparently, the MIUI team owns it and doesn't release the source, so he is at their mercy right now. And, with this not being an official MIUI release (just like CM7 isn't an official Cyanogenmod release), Ace has to rely on others to help out and not the MIUI team. It's not like he HASN'T been working hard at this.

Seems a little ungrateful and it's that attitude that has caused other developers to leave XDA and not develop for Android phones.

I can understand if you paid him to deliver you something, but considering he's doing this and not charging us a penny for it (only asking for donations), could we show him some more respect?

Let's instead be grateful and thankful that he even got us a very functional and sustainable MIUI build.

Not trying to belittle you or anything, but the post just came across wrong. If you meant no harm by it, then I apologize, but I've seen too many developers scared away when people make comments like what you just did.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iBolski For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iBolski Ad-Free
1st February 2012, 08:12 PM |#153  
NYC
Thanks Meter: 18

More
No need for an essay, as I meant no disrespect. Maybe I was a little harsh n sorry for that ace.

Sent from my MB870 using XDA App
1st February 2012, 08:15 PM |#154  

More
Quote:

No need for an essay, as I meant no disrespect. Maybe I was a little harsh n sorry for that ace.

Its no biggie. It DID sound a little like you were saying ace isn't capable, which he is. Around here, thats a no no. Its like the saying "don't bite the hand that feeds."
The Following User Says Thank You to jsgraphicart For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jsgraphicart Ad-Free
1st February 2012, 08:24 PM |#155  
Flag Columbus, OH

More
Quote:

Sorry about the essay. I tend to get passionate about things at times. Being a developer myself, I can understand where ace is at right now. He's just as frustrated with this as the rest of us waiting for the next MIUI.

But, I'd rather have him release something that has merit with it, and right now, what he would release wouldn't be much different from what is already there and it would probably just tick off more people.

It's water under the bridge. Posting on forums can be tricky at times because it can be hard to convey what you're really feeling and people can take what you said completely out of context.
The Following User Says Thank You to iBolski For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iBolski Ad-Free
1st February 2012, 08:33 PM |#156  

More
So has no one else tried getting a hold of the developers of MIUI for the photon? I posted in there forum but haven't gotten any responses yet.

And for those of you who dont know what Im talking about, Im just asking since ace tweeted this:

"Lastly I still havent had anyone contact the photon MIUI dev's for what they did to fix their audio issues."
1st February 2012, 10:54 PM |#157  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBolski

Wow, have you ever had to do something like what Ace has been doing? He DOES have a full-time job and is married, so he's doing this on his own time in addition to balancing a work load and marriage.

ACE is having to take MIUI code and get it working on a device it wasn't written for specifically. In the case of what he was having issues with, it's not open-source. Apparently, the MIUI team owns it and doesn't release the source, so he is at their mercy right now. And, with this not being an official MIUI release (just like CM7 isn't an official Cyanogenmod release), Ace has to rely on others to help out and not the MIUI team. It's not like he HASN'T been working hard at this.

Seems a little ungrateful and it's that attitude that has caused other developers to leave XDA and not develop for Android phones.

I can understand if you paid him to deliver you something, but considering he's doing this and not charging us a penny for it (only asking for donations), could we show him some more respect?

Let's instead be grateful and thankful that he even got us a very functional and sustainable MIUI build.

Not trying to belittle you or anything, but the post just came across wrong. If you meant no harm by it, then I apologize, but I've seen too many developers scared away when people make comments like what you just did.

Especially with Dragon working on CM9. Besides that point, we need multiple devs, not just one. Dragon is great, but he can't do everything. I'm running Ace's MIUI right now, and besides the audio bugs, it works fine.
2nd February 2012, 02:26 AM |#158  
Thanks Meter: 104

More
Thanks owed to JS and Epi, I had no idea miui had its own firewall--maybe I can remove DW, which has been failing.

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA App
2nd February 2012, 11:20 AM |#159  
Flag Columbus, OH

More
Ignore this post.
The Following User Says Thank You to iBolski For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iBolski Ad-Free
2nd February 2012, 01:32 PM |#160  
Flag 18518
Thanks Meter: 250

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBolski

Just an FYI, Ash tweeted the following:

People, PLEASE be careful about what you say on how you feel about the progress of things. In this case, as you can see, this is a problem that even the Motorola Atrix has concerning the sound issue. So, Ace is doing all that he can.

Even though Ace doesn't post here anymore, I'm sure he still reads and is getting feedback from others. I know I've been tweeting him bugs and other issues.

So, please read over what you are about to post and think if it's something that were directed at you, would you like it? If not, it's probably not a good thing to send.

We have mods for a reason. There's no reason for you to go around acting like the XDA thread police. Forums are open to anyone and everyone of ANY opinion. Let the man have his opinion and let it rest. Your making it worse by constantly bringing it back up again.

^ See, my opinion. Everyone has there own. Get over it.
2nd February 2012, 01:52 PM |#161  
Rochester, MI
Thanks Meter: 2

More
To those of you still in doubt. Autorun manager verifies the system framework as 4.0.3 ICS... my guess is this is also why many apps are running in combatability mode by default. Just thought I'd share lolz

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA Premium App
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)