FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Bootanimation]Bootanimation in 11styles: MTZ or ZIP for 480x800 & 320x480

1,054 posts
Thanks Meter: 724

Post Reply Email Thread
Note: I would be honored if you include these boots in your themes/ROM's, but PLEASE give me credit and a link to here or my site

Edit 02/10/12: Upon request from mrrick, and with the inspiration of R3D X - the creator of the Lunar UI theme - here is an eleventh boot animation style.

(Looks better on device - gif previews are limited to 256 colors)

Here are ten colors of a boot animation I made for MIUI. Now all are available with and without the MIUI tag on Andy the Android - so every version is available for MIUI regardless of screen size. All ten are available as flashable zips for other ROMs as well, made to 480x800 or 320x480 - shouldn't matter for MIUI themes, but make sure to use the right screen size for flashing method. A couple have been done for 720x1280 by request and are sprinkled through the thread and available at the download page. If you want a flashable zip for another device size, do let me know.

I will upload better previews later - larger versions are at the link below for downloads.

Sorta Matrix-like, I suppose, with the scrolling binary code. These are made from 18 static images with varying layer and opacity styles in Photoshop - I think they'd look really cool with a fly in intro series, but I'm done with animation for the moment. They're packaged for MIUI in theme format - simply upload to the MIUI themes folder and choose the bootanimation from the theme chooser menu. Let me know if you'd like a different color. All three are tested and in working order 1.11.25 MIUI.

All are also available as flashable zip's for a ROM other than MIUI, all are made to 480x800 or 320x480. : I used despotovski01's Boot Animator Creator, which makes the process incredibly simple. That said, I HAVE NOT tested the flashable zips for use on other ROMS, as I am on MIUI. FLASH AT YOUR OWN PERIL. I also cannot guide you through the process, but XDA is a font of info on the subject. As usual, I HIGHLY suggest you Nandroid your shiza before flashing stuff. I left the downloads for non-MIUI versions named individually so you can verify which version you've downloaded - you should rename the file "bootanimation.zip" or whatever is appropriate to your ROM before flashing or pushing. Check your phone's thread for details.

If you like what I have done and would like to show your gratitude, Leo is pretty hungry...

Download the Lunar UI inspired bootanimation from the blog

Download all other versions of the bootanimations from the blog
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to melissapugs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift melissapugs Ad-Free
2nd February 2012, 05:02 AM |#2  
Flag Bayamon
Thanks Meter: 166

More
Thanks grabbed the ICS version.. Loving it..

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to jsanta11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jsanta11 Ad-Free
2nd February 2012, 05:25 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 96

More
i would appreciate a orange version for CM7 if its not to much trouble

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to reaper420 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift reaper420 Ad-Free
2nd February 2012, 05:26 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Savannah

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper420

i would appreciate a orange version for CM7 if its not to much trouble

Glad to do it - do you want CM7 written on Andy the Android's belly, or a blank android, or the actual cyanogenmod logo where the android is above?
The Following User Says Thank You to melissapugs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift melissapugs Ad-Free
2nd February 2012, 05:48 AM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissapugs

Glad to do it - do you want CM7 written on Andy the Android's belly, or a blank android, or the actual cyanogenmod logo where the android is above?

if you could make it look like it belongs on a phone running miui, that would be great. I'm going for a miui look, thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to reaper420 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift reaper420 Ad-Free
2nd February 2012, 05:51 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Savannah

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

if you could make it look like it belongs on a phone running miui, that would be great. I'm going for a miui look, thanks

Ahhhhhh. You want it to say MIUI but get packaged as a flashable zip for use on a CM7. Gotcha.
The Following User Says Thank You to melissapugs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift melissapugs Ad-Free
2nd February 2012, 06:29 AM |#7  

More
Quote:

Ahhhhhh. You want it to say MIUI but get packaged as a flashable zip for use on a CM7. Gotcha.

exactly, thanks
2nd February 2012, 07:00 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Savannah

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

exactly, thanks

post and download landing page updated - orange is now up - all versions available as flashable zips. FLASH AT YOUR OWN PERIL, those are not tested. See post 1 for notes. Let me know if that works for you
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to melissapugs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift melissapugs Ad-Free
2nd February 2012, 08:50 AM |#9  

More
Quote:

post and download landing page updated - orange is now up - all versions available as flashable zips. FLASH AT YOUR OWN PERIL, those are not tested. See post 1 for notes. Let me know if that works for you

it says installation aborted, but i opened it up and it looks great

2nd February 2012, 03:47 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Savannah

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

it says installation aborted, but i opened it up and it looks great

Huh. You're 480x800, right?
2nd February 2012, 03:59 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Savannah

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Huh. You're 480x800, right?

Edit - ah ha! I see you are maybe on the Optimus V from your sig. That is a different screen size!!! I will edit them for that screen size and post back with updates. As I read on the page linked in the first post, resizing an MTZ for MIUI is fine, but for flashable zips it will not work.

All versions for alt ROMs edited for 320x480 screen size in addition to 480x800
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)